Question about gameplans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Question about gameplans

I'm sure this has been discussed before but since I wasn't here to participate, here it is. What are the rules/thoughts on stripping the ball gameplan or excessive user stripping? In most of the OD's I have been or am in, the stripping gameplan and excessive user stripping have been banned or highly discouraged because of the unrealistic affect it can have on the outcome of games. I hate playing guys that do it because there is not nearly enough of a penalty/risk (broken tackles) for the reward that they get with a couple or more cheap fumbles. It also forces me to cover up all the time which doesn't always work and it turns RB's and WR's into FB's at the end of every run.
    Are there any restrictions on stripping or is it a free for all?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

My understanding is that while most TF leagues don't ban the use of aggressive settings, setting them to aggressive all game is discouraged for the reasons you mentioned. I've been told they should be used when the game situation would make sense, not just willy nilly all the time.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

there all allowed but like anything here at TF its use at discretion. use it as a real coach would, when you need a turnover. I usually use the aggressive strip only on kickoffs but I user strip all the time.

The rulebook says: You can use the game plan feature however you want but if we feel people start using it with out strategy we will then look to cut that down as well. I myself use it but i use it only at certain times as if a coach would in real life. That is what is expected here so please abide by the rules.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Personally I think stripping is the worst option in the game as it lets teams that might get outplayed wins games they shouldn't. I was beat in the tourney at the begining of the year because I fumbled 5 times, sometimes when I was covering up. I outplayed him but those fumbles changed the game. If we played 10 times maybe I would have outplayed him 7 of 10 but probably would have lost 7 of 10 because of the fumbles. I think user stripping or gameplan stripping makes total sense when down in a game or sporadicaly in a game but to have a defensive gameplan based around trying to strip balls is not very realistic in my opinion. It is what it is but just curious what everyone's thoughts are.
    Anyone else?

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I get a face mask penalty 33% of the time when I use aggressive and that is 15 yards plus a first down. For that reason alone I only use it when my opponent is near the goal line or I'm down late in the game. I don't force nearly enough fumbles to justify the penalty assessed for a face mask.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The Chicago Bears teach their players to strip the ball rathe than tackle. They suck thougn, so that's probably not a good comparison.

BTW - I am a bears fan. :(

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I dont think I have to worry about you guys.. We know when to use the stuff and how to use it. Until there are abuses or complaints then we will do somethin but I dont think that time will come