Question about MEGA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Question about MEGA

This post is mostly to those folks that play in MEGA, obviously. I looked at the rules and they are for the most part similar. The only big difference is 2 games a week versus one. So I wonder - what are the gamers like?

Reason is I was thinking of trying to apply for a team in MEGA, just wondering if I would have time to do two games a week in MEGA, a game here, and a podcast once a week. Would be a lot to do.

Any thoughts? I'm sort of on the fence with it.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I think it would be too much. If you eliminate the podcast you could do it. Mega is some of the people who use to play in the PC OMFL League back in the day. To sum it up its good football with good owners and actually Mega has made me better defensively.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

MEGAs a great league. lots of old pc'ers there and exOMFL'ers there also. Problem is (reason I dropped before they started) is 2 games a week. I personally can't handle 2 per week, much less 3-4 per week with mixing it with the OMFL.

4. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

It can be tough getting in 2 games a week, but it is easier if you're an East Coaster. Less posts in the forum at this point, but the upside is that we'll get twice as many seasons.

People who run up scores don't last long in MEGA, nor do people who look for loopholes in the game - the rules committee is always on top of issues. It's the best sim style league I've played in.

5. natedawg212000

Well we are striving here to be the best 5 day advance league possible! ;)

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I really like Mega. Its a faster moving league, but Mags (the commish) is fairly flexible in making sure games - especially the important ones - get in.

The only thing I don't like is almost nobody is active on the forums. So its basically a 'play the games' league without much extra-cirriculars.

So I like MEGA and will continue to be an owner, I'm definately more of a fan of the OMFL.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So I can play 3 games a week and have no interaction with forums at all on either side, or play one game a week, do a podcast if time permits, and chat with everyone and actually talk to folks...

I'm not that good anyway, I'll stick with one league. Thanks for all the input. It is much appreciated.

Probably start analyzing games tomorrow night for Win's Winners, then get ready to do a podcast for week...whatever we're on. I can't remember.

8. natedawg212000

My favorite part of this thread, is Gotham reps MEGA (which I have done myself and have no issue with) and then quits the OMFL with no reason other than he has a bad feeling.

Sorry, but thats just pathetic. I am doing all I can to make this a great league, all you have to do is look at our rules, and guys quit without giving me a complaint about a issue they had or helping me fix the problems. Thats just an instant classic I guess!

9. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

He's Canadian, what do you expect? :)

10. natedawg212000

LOL. hes probably a great guy and I dont mean to bash on him, just aggravated that guys do that. I am busting my balls here and i get a message saying thanks, but i quit because i dont have a good feeling about the league.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Not a very compelling reason I think. But what do I know? I own the Chiefs.

12. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

it's probably just because he was the Redskins and sitting at 3-4 in a Division where theres 3 great owners with better teams, where in MEGA he's the panthers and made the playoffs. Just my opinion. I guess that means my Skin will be open? I would switch but I kinda want to stay with the Panthers. I still got some revenge to take out on wajomatik. I'm coming for you.

13. Mags

Completely understood. Feel free to bash him anyway. (y)

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I love the camaraderie between the OMFL and MEGA. This is great stuff!

15. natedawg212000

Mags is a much better commish then myself, guy just knows how to make a great madden league. I have no issues with MEGA or their owners. Mags is a stand up dude.

16. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

ive tried to get into that league a couple time but havent followed up on it or never got a responce. Somebody give me a good reference lol, with COD and 2k10 out now im looking for a reason to put in madden back into the game rotation.

17. Mags

Nate (and MtnMike, Sideshow, Sauk, etc..) and I had years of dealing with all of the 'fun' that the PC version provided, starting with online franchise in 2002, to spawn games, and PHP web applications, and gamelog issues, and franchise issues, and editors, and on and on... It supposedly builds character.

Both leagues have always played well together and shared many owners, followed similar rules. MEGA has always been on a bit faster pace, that's about it. We were 3 games a week when we were able to do flex scheduling on the PC. OMFLs slower pace allows for a lot more content. It's much easier to do articles, power polls and all of that good stuff when you have the span of a week and games are played on time and in order. We used to do radio shows for MEGA (which were a blast), but b/c the pace was so rapid, any weekly game stuff was quickly outdated.

I think our guys have their feet wet with the console version this year. We'll see where next season takes us.

(y)

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah even with a 5 day advance I have trouble finding time to analyze games and do a podcast for the league. If I had better computer equipment I might consider doing a two man show but I can't record and haven't looked/found anyone else willing to edit a show up and co-host with me. I sound better after editing, which should tell you how bad I sound originally if you listen to one of my podcasts.

I need to analyze games that have played, but the Saints are on...

19. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I'll be waiting;)

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ummm... aren't you forgetting someone...?:rolleyes:

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey RynoAid, you are the dots at the end....or maybe back then you were known as "etc..". That would be a cool nickname...

22. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

i think a lot of people quit because they arent going to make the playoffs and figure theres no point.