1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Question about position changes

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Dru50, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Question about position changes

If I'm unable to sign a K, can I move a low rated player from another position to K. All players have 40 KPW/KA, which is only slightly worse than the mid 40s a walk on K will have. I'd rather do that then have to take a walk on that I'll have to cut after I spend next season recruiting a replacement.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What's the difference from taking a walk-on kicker and moving another player over?

I'd much rather take the walk-on kicker and take a chance of him actually having some sort of leg...

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    What's the difference from taking a walk-on kicker and moving another player over?

I'd much rather take the walk-on kicker and take a chance of him actually having some sort of leg...

4. Dru50

I've simmed about 10 seasons and never seen a walk on with more than 48 KPW. I'd rather use the roster spot to go after a 3 star recruit who might be worth a damn.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Did you sim after the live tuner package?

6. Dru50

7 before and 3 after, walkon kickers and punters didn't appear to be affected.

If you'd rather I take a walk on that's cool, my punter will be filling both duties either way.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I guess I just don't like that the guy you move to K might be able to play at the bottom of the depth chart at another position. I guess it's not a huge advantage, though...

8. Dru50

No worries, if you think it's a problem, I'll take a walk on kicker. That's why I asked, just wanted to be sure.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Kickers were tuned in the PATCH, not the tuner set.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I think to keep it sim, you should have a kicker. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a coach who would go into the season w/o a kicker on their roster. Also, the patch made it so all kickers can hit a 30 yarder, so even with the 48 kp, you'll still be able to get 3 from a reasonable distance.

11. Dru50

Consider me the guinea pig then, I will take a walk on, since I couldn't land any of the 10 kickers I tried to recruit.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Flutie will be punting and recieving is that a prob drift?

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    As long as you have a punter and kicker on your roster, I don't care who actually kicks it...