question about recruiting....

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by mcyork, Jul 17, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

May 17, 2009
    question about recruiting....

As I was setting up my recruiting board for TF4 I was putting my most important recruits at the top of my board and guys that I would spend less time with toward the bottom. I have done this year in and year out. My question is does this affect my recruitment of the players. ie the #1 recruit on my board likes that he is my 1st concern and the 5 star at the bottom of my board doesn't like that he is not a concern and this effects him negatively or it doesn't matter where they are on the board its all about the phone call?
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    I've "heard" it matters, as well as how many of the same position you have on your board, but I don't have any empirical data to back that up.
  3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Apr 9, 2009
    the only thing i wonder is if the number of points you get from a certain pitch has those things factored into it. i.e. if the guy is higher up on the board you get a few more points for each pitch.
  4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't know about placement on the board mattering (god I hope not because that's kinda lame and not very real life at all), but the number of the same position most definitely matters, especially if you are offering to multiple players.

If you have a spot open enough to where you have a B+ or better in Early Playing Time for that position and then you go after 3 different players at that position in a best case scenario, hope I get him, and most definitely will get him setup and you've offered all three scholarships, then the Early Playing Time pitch will most definitely be negatively affected.

I haven't actually tested to see if just having multiple guys on your board for that position matters though and if you have them there but don't talk to/offer them makes a difference or anything like that.
  5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Feb 12, 2010
    I think the developer Adam form OS stated that board placement matter. This was last year by the way.
  6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Oct 29, 2009
    In most recent/previous years, board placement definitely had significance. The higher the better, but I haven't heard it mentioned in the new title.
  7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Jul 14, 2010
    In the old ones, it was a big deal.

In the recruiting this year, I haven't really noticed it too much if it all.