Question about resigning players

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Korenth, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Question about resigning players

Are we able to offer contract extensions to players whose contracts aren't finished yet?

For example: WR Justin Gage has 2 years remaining on his deal. Based on his current Ovr, he would be paid a 3 dollars salary for 4 years with a 4 dollar signing bonus. He is on the edge of the salary range...if his overall went from 77 to 78, he would be owed 4 dollars over the same 4 years.

Say I've decided that I want to keep Gage, regardless of what his overall become after the season is over...would i be able to resign him now (or maybe the end of the season after player progression?) even though he still had time left on his current contract?

Sorry if this got asked somewhere in the 100+ reply thread...I couldn't find it, but then again...I am blind at times :)

2. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

No, no contract extensions if the guys contract is not up... FA's complicated enough without having to throw in scenarios of when, how, and how much extra you'll have to pay the player in order to get him to agree to a new longer contract.