Question about staying logged in

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by jdrhammer, Jun 27, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Question about staying logged in

It seems like I time-out or something and have to log back in here all the time. I think this began happening when we had the server issue. It never happened in the past but is happening each time now. I literally have to log in each time and even if I go to other sites for a few minutes and return here, I have to log-in again. I put a check in the box each time.

This is on my pc at home btw. It seems like I stay logged on my Iphone.

Any ideas on how to remain logged in???

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    When you sign in, do you check the box "remember me"?

What browser are you using. If you are checking the box, it sounds like your browser may be dumping it's temporary files, cookies, or saved sessions.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Drifter is correct.

vBulletin stores your username, login hash and salt in a HTTPCookie, which it looks for on return. My guess is you either are not checking the box (which sets the cookie), or have cookies turned off.

What browser are you using?

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

first try deleting all the cookies on your end. the cookie from the old login might still be causing issues this time around.

if that doesn't work, do you visit another forum that uses vbulletin? depending on how the cookies are setup server-side they might be clashing with each other.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

hey guys along the same lines, but a tad bit different (and more annoying for me!) though. ill click on post a reply to a thread or even create a topic. mainly when i do game summaries or things that take a little time i will finish typing it all out and hit submit only to have been logged out (i guess due to inactivity) and then my whole post gets erased. sometimes i can recover it depending on what i click on, but most times i have to re-do everything which is very trying. is there anything i can do to make this not happen or are there any revisions that would prevent this from happening?

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

If you hit the back button before you log in you should be able to get it back.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

yeah man thanks thats usually what i wind up doing, but occasionally i do that and it isnt there anymore. my usual fix is to copy it right before i click submit and then no matter what happens i can always paste it, but i dont always remember to do that.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Rude, you have a cookie issue. Make sure your accepting them from TF.