Question For Former/Current College Guys

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Papa Perry, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Jul 1, 2009
    Question For Former/Current College Guys

I plan on going to school here within the next 2 years and while I'll probably get a degree in Accounting or something to do with math (I'm very good with number crunching and stuff like that), my first love is football and I want to coach. When I was in high school I was considered very good player but do to different reasons I didn't play my senior year and wasn't able to go to college because I got myself in some debt that I wouldn't have been able to pay off with a part time job while I went to school. I considered myself pretty knowledgable about how to make adjustments and have actually helped around here at my former high school some.

My question is do any of you know what process I would need to go through to become a student coaching assistant or something to that effect?

I want to go to Alabama to do this but I'm not sure what the process is there or how much room they would have.

Of the in-state schools these are my prefered choices:

Alabama (Good coaching staff)
    Auburn (Should be a good coaching staff once everything is settled down there)
    UAB (Rather not go to school around Birmingham)
    Jackson State (Don't know much about them)
    North Alabama (Good D2 team and one of the more affordable schools)
    Birmingham Southern (High tuition would probably prevent me from going here)
    Samford (High tuition would probably prevent me from going here)
    South Alabama (Newer football team)
    West Alabama (Good D2 team)

I would just like some info from you guys that have done it or know someone who has done it.
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    A friend of mine from high school was a coaching assistant while attending school. Most of the coaching assistants are kine' or physical therapy students and a larger portion of them are graduate students.

IMO, go to a school that has a reputable degree plan for whatever you decide to do (accounting is okay, but keep in mind that a lot of incoming students switch out and into business because they hate it) and coach youth leagues or maybe help out at a high school. The sheer amount of time and bitch work you will have to do will distract you from your studies if you want to pursue something at a university.