Question for members...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, May 29, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

If I wanted to start doing like a power poll every week. Where each member privately reported votes to me and then I calculated the rankings, would everyone be willing to participate. Not sure exactly how I'd do this yet , but curious.

Also, would people be willing to nominate performances of the week if one of their guys has a big game or something. I'd still be the one doing the bulk of the work, I am just trying to encourage participation and introduce some new content for the upcoming season and into '12.

If anyone had any other ideas for content, I'd love to hear them.

2. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Sure, I'm all for power rankings weekly poll. It sounds like a cool idea. You may run into a problem with the other scenario though where people nominate their players top performances per week, especially when we play vs CPU teams. It may lead to some padding their stats to get one of their guys the POW award..

3. -4-

-4- Walk On

ahh... you may be right. Didn't think about that.

4. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Yea I'm all for the power poll. I think the player of the week thing would be cool. If someone tries to pad their stats like scoring TD's in the 4th qtr of a blowout, they are automatically dq.

5. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Yea the power poll is a good idea..as well as player of the week people just need to realize that padding stats are against TSO rules. Both great ideas though.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Count me in

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

OK we'll give it all a try starting next season then.

In terms of like the weekly poll there is two option. One, everyone could submit a private ballot to me excluding themselves from their rankings and I could tally points. Or two, I could do it on my own with as little bias as possible. The trouble will be people getting ballots in by a certain time period, but that would be my preferred way to do things so I don't diss anyone if most can commit to getting ballots in after most games have been played in a given week.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Probably trying to do it on your own would be the most efficient - otherwise you probably won't have all of them in until it's almost time to advance again.