Question for the league

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by kdpnutter, Oct 6, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I will be deployed in the next few weeks to Afghanistan and will be away for at least a couple weeks while we are getting settled in over there. In the interim I will need someone to take over as the commissioner of the league in my absence. It was originally supposed to be Radar but he is no longer in the league.

My question is, who does everyone think will be a good fit for this job? I have my thoughts but as a commissioner of the league it should be someone that is respected by the league and that they are willing to follow.

Once we get settled I will know if I can be back or not, but until that point I do not want to see the league suffer because we do have a good solid group of core guys and want to see things continue to go well, whether I am able to return or not.

Post up your suggestions, and I would like to hear why you think they would be a good fit.

Fast Feet Pete
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    sschevyridah
    Troy J.
    GDip
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24
    iTsIsiah
    tkc150
    Griffinator

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. Griffinator

Griffinator Walk On

I think Snozberriez8198 would be a great one in my opinion. He is the Co-Commish in my other league and does a great job.

3. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

i agree, he does a fantastic job in necessary roughness

4. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

The one i see most active on here and does alot of content is RRAHx2 but thats just my vote

• Like Like x 1
  5. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I like both recommendations.

6. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

I can take over if you want. I am lucky enough to have access to the site all day.

7. Snozberriez8198

And thanks for the votes of confidence guys!!!

8. Griffinator

Griffinator Walk On

Then y u no change your signature yet? Lol thought u became the titans?

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Actually he is the Cowboys now (y)

10. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I appreciate the recommendation, thanks man. I ran a league back in the Madden 10' days, so I'd be willing to help if I was asked. However, I don't want to toot my own horn or anything.

My recommendation would have to be for Matthew Keves because he is on just as much as anyone I have seen, and he is always contributing good advice / feedback. He seems like a legit guy.

11. MartyBall101

MartyBall101 Walk On

Rrah & snoz could co-commish?!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snozberriez8198

I'm down for whatever will keep this league going strong, and keeps our "core guys" together.

13. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Thanks for the kind words... RRAHx2 Honestly, that's really cool of you to say and I appreciate it.
    That's pretty funny that you thought of me, though, because I was going to recommend you. You've put some great content on here and obviously care about the league, as do I.
    Any of the choices so far I'm sure would be great and I think it's been proven that even with the commish being out for a while, we'll be able to handle everything in his absence.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

:( Ouch, not even gonna miss me I see how you really feel.............

15. Griffinator

Griffinator Walk On

Snozberriez8198 could handle AFC because he is an NFC team and RRAHx2 could take NFC because he is an AFC team. That way no favoritism to advance one's self could occur. Matthew Keves could be Trade commisioner kinda like the VP. Of course snoz and rah will have a say in the proposed trade but in case of tie Matt could be the breaker. idk. just an idea. Have a couple ideas listed and each member vote. Highest number of vote's wins. example:
    1) Snozberriez8198 sole commisioner
    2) RRAHx2 sole commisioner
    3) Matthew Keves sole commisioner
    4) Power is distributed amongst the 3 canditates as above stated or as the league see's fit

No matter what happens the league had a say. Then say when kdpnutter returns a league wide vote could be called to:
    1)re-instate him as sole commish
    2)Split power between current system to him aswell
    1-3=co-comissioner
    4= 2 commisioners in each division both equal power and rank.
    3) keep system as is.

Commissioner Powers and limitations.
    All would have power to do as they saw fit yet with a 2/3 vote from other commissioner's be demoted from post and they would have the power to appoint another division commissioner who would then be subject to a league wide vote and be instated with a 6/10 vote from the league barring the demoted commsioner and current commsioner to vote due to conflicting interest. If a league member had an issue with a commisioner they could file a complaint with an appointed member, hereby known as the Assistant of the league to make the complaint noted with all commisioners. If the complaint has substantial ground then a secret vote(from PM) will be handled by the Assistant. the Vote will be made know to only the commisioner(s) who are not involved. If it was a sole commissioner then the Assistant would be interim commisioner while the league votes on a new one. The assistant will be forbade to become commsioner so they will handle business honestly and as fair as possible.

My idea and i think this could create longevity to this league perhaps through several seasons and maybe a couple years.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  16. Snozberriez8198

I'm down with that guys, but not sure how 3 commissioners would work, but a 3rd could be there to review trades.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  17. Griffinator

Griffinator Walk On

Yea I liked that idea. put some serious thought into it. trying to get this change of power off without a hitch.

18. Snozberriez8198

Both RRAHx2 and I both have experience commisioning leagues, and both have great reputations on the site, and online. Neither of us would do anything for personal gain. There are usually commissioners and a co-commisioner....what your suggesting is more like a democracy and you would have to TRUST and RELY on us to do what's right for everyone involved. If we voted on every disagreement, the site would be like the "SURVIVOR" game show and people would be leaving the site and dropping like flies. I love playing as much as anyone, but it boils down to the simple fact that it's just a game. kdpnutter has started a great league and it would honestly be an easy job to take over because of the way he runs it.

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'm perfectly fine with co-commissioners of Snozberriez and RRah and having Matthew Keves being the third person to help out. I just need to know who will handle the advances so I can transfer commissioner over to them.

Should any issues arise, then please get in touch with some of the longer running commissioners to seek advice, such as Shaun Mason or Rynoaid or Drifter would be great go to resources. (y)

Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    Matthew Keves

20. Snozberriez8198

I can handle advances

21. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I'm cool with being third in command right now. If I need to step up from time to time or fill in someplace, that's fine. Maybe I could learn something and be in a position to take on a bigger role later on.

22. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

My bad...I saw you write that and thought, who the heck is that guy? Then I remembered you USED to run things around here:)

• Like Like x 2
  23. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Haha yeah like Keves said, I can help with whatevers needed at the time.

24. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]

:p (y)

• Like Like x 1
  25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I have transfered commissioner over to Snoz, so you are now in charge of advances. I also retired my guy until I know if I will be able to return at all this year. The next few weeks are going to be busy for me getting ready to ship out so I figured this was as good a time to step away to concentrate on getting my stuff ready and prepared for Afghanistan.

Best of luck to everyone and hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks but if not I'll be back around TSO for next years Madden. (y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves