Question For You Guys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 27, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Question For You Guys

Ok, since I had 11 players leaving. +3 would give me 14 to go after. I got 13 commits so far with 1 guy almost there.

Now, I have 1 guy leaving early which would then free up another spot for me to get 1 more commit right?

Something else, with the players now wanting to transfer to Minnesota, the ones that make it(if they don't get swayed by users) would put me over 70 right? In other words, am I then breaking the rules or what?

Players wanting to go pro from Minnesota

Davis plays center 84 overall JR RS
    Wynn plays RT 85 Overall JR RS

Players wanting to transfer to Minnesota all are SO RS

Wojta LG from Wisconsin 86 overall
    Posluszny MLB from ND 86 overall
    Fleming LOLB from ND 83 overall
    Burgress RB from Indiana 83 overall
    Mills DT from Cincinnati 80 overall

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I dont see how it would be breaking the rules. You are allowed to only recruit but transfers are a whole different story in my eyes. U never once called them or visited them they just chose you so i dont see how that could count towards u. I just wish i had a few wrs transfer to me :(

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

In the game you lose a scholarship for each transfer picked up, so transfers go against the scholarships, so yes you most likely would be breaking the rules.

using your numbers

11 + 3 + 1 = 15

The question comes back to is how bad do you need the guy that's almost there :D

4. controllerabuser

I always go by the rule book. The rules do not state anything about transfers being counted as commits(recruits).

Also, I would still be able to go after 1 more guy. I am at 11+1=14. I have 13 commited. Which leaves a spot for the guy I am talking to. I have another now open because of my center that left early.

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

* is > 95 OVR

* is a JR that has won the Heisman
    * is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
    2010 Season- You will be allowed to recruit however many players are leaving +3.
    If you go over once you will be deducted 3 scholarships the next year. If you go over a second time you will be booted from the dynasty.

5* Cap- You can only have 5 committed 5* recruits.
    However, the conference winner's teams extra scholly does not count towards this rule.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

idc......

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

CA>I never said your rules stated that. I said THE GAME does that.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I don't really care either, they would only help you for 1 season anyway and they would sit out next year so it's not really a big deal.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Thats the way i was reading it. Its says recruited and transfers are not recruited they just chose to come. Even though with u being in the big ten i would love to say no i just cant because i dont see it in the rules because they never were recruited they chose to transfer on their own

9. controllerabuser

I don't care either. I just want to do the fair & right thing.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

They count against your scholarship numbers, but they are not recruits. That is how I look at it. I am already looking at 27 that I can give out this year. More than possible unless I do not sign all my needs. Either way you will have to cut, and your transfers will not be eligible for 2011 season. I say they don't count against your total. My thoughts.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My problem with game logic is that if it takes away scholarships for transfers arriving, shouldn't you be able to get more scholarships if you lose players that either leave early or transfer?

12. controllerabuser

That is what the rule is supposed to be. I don't know why it isn't in there. I will change it for next year.

If you guys are fine with it, we can allow that. Transfers count as scholarships then as well.