Question from a FNG

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Raidernation, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Quick question for you guys in regards to my two recent games. I've noticed that the no huddle and specifically audibles nullify defensive hot routes. I didn't know that audibles reset them once my defense realigns. So my question is does anyone object to me placing the right personnel in a set to counter a no huddle attack? If there are objections I'm open to suggestions. I like the style and play calling of my two previous opponents, it's mainly that the leagues I've been apart of didn't run offenses at that pace and with the ability to audible to similar forms I wasn't prepared personnel wise. And since I'm not too familiar to certain un said rules I thought I'd pose the question.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

What personnel would be where? Give me an example of what you plan to do

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never noticed audibles nullifying hot routes, but then again I almost never use them as I'll generally just run the play as designed. The only hot routes I use is to sometimes hot route a blitzer or hook zoner to a spy and I've never seen that hot route get over written.

You mentioned no huddle and audibes. Do they both reset your hot routes? Are you sure it's the audible or the no huddle (or both). Just for reference, I (and probably Bill too) only use formation audibles and I rarely run the same formation 2 plays in a row. So, if you're calling your play quickly and seeing my guys jogging to 1 formation and then switch to a new formation, that's not an audible. That's just my original play call. Is that what's resetting your hot routes or is it after my guys are set and then I'm calling an audible?

As for not being prepared personnel wise, I don't understand this. In '14, when running no huddle you're locked into a personnel grouping and can't change it even if you wanted to. This means that if I exit the huddle with 11 personnel, I'm gonna be in 11 personnel the entire time until I huddle again. Are you saying that when I exit the huddle with 11 personnel on 1st and 10 you'll pick nickel, but when I get to 2nd and 1 you'd want 4-3 instead?

Also, was I moving too quickly for you? Last season I got yelled at by a couple of people for running my no huddle too slowly (which I was only doing because I was afraid of running it too quickly) so I've picked up my pace this year (which I prefer anyway).

4. Raidernation

It'd probably be something that gives me batter tackling from a sub 2-3-6 pack to a dime pack or a nickel 2-4-5. that was the original thought but after studying the film its a problem that will be addressed through recruitment. As I viewed it, the problem was my LB getting pulled of the line (better pass rusher) and forced out wide on the slot man out TE once he flipped the play. Another solution is a nickel pack that subs the LB for a SS underneath. I'll just user the guy if the next opponent tries a similar tactic.

1. Check video @19 seconds I called a Mid Zone Blitz and purpled Cleveland then when he chose his play he reverted back to his original zone assignment once he realigned.

Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 1.35.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 1.35.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 1.36.35 AM.png

2. Not entirely sure, could just be the realignment, this is the first game I noticed it. It could honestly be the fact that I purpled the guy prior to the offensive play being chosen. I'm familiar on how it works as far as the O lining up then you (offense) pick a play and I'm also aware of the one audible limit I miss spoke on that part could be mistaken as "calling a few audibles" at the line but I do know that the play above reset once the TE's moved. It happened a few times this is just the play I key in on it.

3. Im saying being set for a run and the pass spread or tight, having some guys on the field that don't tire but this will be addressed in the post season. see the above response to Masler.

4. HaHaHa naw man if thats how you ball get yours G, I enjoy the different play styles. I'm a good study I use the no-huddle in a similar way just at different times you and blLL flo used it well neither was the difference in the game as there were plenty other reasons for both outcomes, this post is an adjustments oriented question and after some thought I know what I have to do…… improve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

This happens to me vs the CPU sometimes, it reverts you defensive hot routes... i had no idea why it was doing that.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I haven't noticed that. What I have noticed is that if I set a spy, sometimes the spy will switch to man coverage on the guy I'm currently usering. And since I spy a d-lineman, it's dumb

7. jello1717

I've noticed this too (kinda). It happens when I hot route a guy to spy or on plays with a designed spy. It doesn't just make the spy play man, but what it does is switch assignments between the spy and someone else. IE MLB1 will be spy and MLB2 will be man on the TE. Then as soon as the ball is snapped MLB2 will become the spy while MLB1 mans up on the TE (I think it does it because MLB1 is closer to the TE).

This is all well and good if I'm not controlling either guy but if I'm controlling the dude that's supposed to be a spy and I'm playing him as a spy it sucks ass when the game expects me to know that my assignment was swtiched at the snap and I'm supposed to man up the TE instead. Of course the TE ends up uncovered and I have 2 spies if I don't realize this right away...

8. Raidernation

Happened to me a few times this game tried to play it cool and got stroked on one play the guy even paused up on me when I went for the int …… it happens and now that I know I'm not the only one seeing this it doesn't burn as much.

9. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Ya, its usually when i set a spy, like pick cover2 under and the MLB is set to cover the middle and i hot route him to spy, sometimes it will revert him back to zone middle...

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

ya this has happened to me as well, pretty annoying when you don't have time to fix it. Just another reason facing no huddle is so :doodie:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The No huddle is notoriously overpowered and has been for years...there is a huge advantage to the offense using it. Its the offensive equivalent of run commit in the older NCAA game...Most every league I have been in has banned it outside of the last two minutes of the half and or your trailing late and need to move the ball with zero time outs and a short clock.

EA has just never figured out a way to balance it out...its a clear advantage to the O and not just a small advantage a huge one. You can score in seconds.

I have no idea what or who was running the no huddle attack, I have yet to play in a league with anyone who ran it as a base offense...The CPU loves it but they are terrible at it for the most part except when they go on one of those score no matter what you do defensively drives.

Are we allowed to run it as a base set here? I only ask so I can try and be prepared for it....you will never see if from the Cougars outside of late in either half or trailing late.. Its just too overpowered and too easy to use and score on....right next to the overuse of the read option stuff...that EA still hasnt figured out a way to defend right either.... You can defend it and have some chances to stop it at least from time to time...but sooner or later your going to break down and give up huge plays, mostly on QB keepers.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I agree. Especially with the new coaching skills and what not to make the impact on stamina even less. We have a quite a few guys that run the no huddle in this league, or atleast we did before the restart.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I didn't categorize it as OP but what you all state makes sense. I NEVER run the read just for what Bruce said. But don't worry about lil ol' me. I couldn't beat anyone with the way I'm turning the ball over

14. jello1717

To my knowledge Washington, Cal, and Arizona all run the no huddle. Vandy's coach did in The E v1.0 but since he's pro style this year I'm guessing he doesn't anymore.

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Experience

Mind you.....Guys...I never complain....I have my thoughts on things and will express them clearly most times...But to each their own...Part of the College style of Football is the freedom to run what you want on both sides of the ball. If and when I lose.....I will come up with a better plan next time and if and when I lose again....I will try to figure out something else to help...until I can find a way to compete and win maybe...I wont complain because your scheme is better then mine, or your play calling is better..I may from time to time hate on my players... ;)

I am running the Cougars air raid...trying to find some balance with running the ball....based on what sets I see them run and try from time to time....

The Cougars D runs a mix of 3-3-5 and 3-4....and its based on opponent down and distance and the talent they have on their roster, They dont run any read option even though its in their book, so I dont run it....maybe if I recruit a decent guy to do it I will someday.

Everyone, please dont take anything I post or say as a shot at your style, do what you wish within the rules of the league and you wont hear a peep from me....Hell I am running a 3-3-5 D based on the Cougars running it....and I love the ability it gives me to mix and match my talent, move guys around...and be competitive.

I hope nobody has a problem with it...

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

scUM also ran the no huddle in E 1.0 .... I don't a problem with it as long as you don't minimize and subject the defense to a bunch of rules. I beat Wash and went to 3OT against Cal who both run the no huddle so far this season. It's very difficult to contain, and gives the advantage to the offense, but like what Bruce said, I'll continue to change game plans to try and stop it. Didn't have any luck in 1.0 stopping it but I have had better success in 2.0

• Like Like x 1