1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Question / Idea (Dynasty Rolladex?)

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by Baron, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

So I'm really enjoying my time thus far on TSO, but I had an idea / question form recently as I began my search for ODs to get involved with.

Question: Is there some like overarching directory or index that TSO has where a person can just go down the list of the leagues and figure out what that league is about? Where, because say I'm looking for like a 1* / 2* Coordinator start Dynasty, is there somewhere I can look as opposed to picking my way through each individual dynasty forum or hoping that something pops up in the New Member Lounge?

Idea: If TSO doesn't, is that at all a possibility. Like have each commish give a short run down of their league, PM it to an admin/mod and then have a nice big thread that people could pick through (What type of Dynasty, whether its full or not, leagues/divisions used, starting coaching spot, etc.)?

I don't want to be presumptuous so let me know if I just need to pipe down and pick my way through the threads, that's fine, but I just wanted to see if this idea had been explored at all.

(And if anyone knows of any leagues doing that aforementioned Coaching Carousel 1*/2* coordinator and would let me know, that wouldn't go unappreciated.)

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We have had this discussion internally already. In the past, it wasn't such a necessity, but coaching carousel has made a big difference in dynasty setups.

In the past, most leagues internally gauged member interest and then picked format. CC is pretty divisive, so that has made the process a bit more complicated.

Thank you for the suggestion.

3. Baron

Alright then. What was the result of those internal discussions, or would you rather not say?

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Undecided as of yet.

5. Baron

Alright, appreciate the swift response!

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I like this idea. I can see a new member coming to the site & clicking "TSO Dynasty RollaDex" & you put in your search perimeters: CC, EST time zone, 1-3 start schools only, availability 11am-4pm. Then you hit the search button & an image comes up with Rolladex cycling thru all dynasty & coming up with your search results.

Good idea Baron (y)

7. Baron

Maybe not something that... graphically intensive. Just something where all the current dynasties are filed, so you could simply ctrl+f through it. I do like your idea, but I wouldn't want to make people have to go through all that work to make it.

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Google Doc Spreadsheet...that way filters can be used, set up link/access for league commish can input data...would take 5 min to do for a league....then set up a pinnned post in New Members lounge with the link to GD's....kind of like the NCAA playbooks are done

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Not bad. And maybe keep it updated with the number of openings...

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What you guys are proposing would take a ton of man power to organize and carry through. I have an idea of how to automate this, but we have a few projects in front of this one.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

The hardest part wouldn't be the setup, but the constant updating IMO

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You are talking about constantly setting it up, though. Each year and each week adding and (hopefully not) dropping leagues.

Updating tons of leagues is a chore, but you also have to think past what we are now. We are expecting another 100% growth rate...

13. Baron

Yea I figured that'd be the main reason why, it was just an idea I had (that had already been discussed so I'm not as original as I'd hoped). I understand though, and I managed to find two dynasties so at least, from my perspective, the system in place works.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it works for now. It's crazy for a few months and a bit confusing. We are working on making it a lot better. Just have to implement some other things for it to work better than the current system.

15. Baron

Looking forward to those other things!