Question of the Week - Series 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Apr 30, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Question of the Week - Series 8

Series 8 - Question of the Week

This is a two part question:

A) What is more important to your team, a good pitcher or a good batter?

B) If you could have any player in the majors on your team who would it be and how would he impact your team?

2. blocker7

blocker7 Walk On

Definitely a hitter. The only thing that matters for me in a pitcher in this game is a good heater and dying change up. there is no substitute for a big stick in this game. I would probably take Manny just because I rake with him offline. In real life baseball I would totally go with pitching FYI

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Blocker is on point. Game wise give me a guy that can drop bombs and come through in rbi situations. On the game maybe Pujols. In real life it's about pitching. A good staff can keep you above .500 and in at least the playoff hunt see 2009 Giants.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Pitching doesnt matter in this game, my opponents aare always hitting line drive base hits and when you check it. The yellow circle is no where near the pitch and it says the were late.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Give me a pitcher in the game, I need a power pitcher or a legit ACE. Grienke, Lester, Volquez or Josh Johnson. 1 or 2 and I would have a nice complete staff, I mean I have 2 shutouts with Livan Hernandez and Jason Marquis. What helps is that I am a pitcher and try to work like I would in RL. The Nats have plenty of pop on the game so I don't need much lineup wise besides another guy that could get on base, Nyjer Morgan is killing me and Willie Harris isn't much to replace him.

6. controllerabuser

I say a pitcher in this game and in real life is the absolute key to victory. The problem is that users tend to swing at anything they see. If you have a pitcher with some good stuff you can keep the game in hand to get the win. If you keep planting it in the zone no doubt it will get blasted. I learned my lesson. I'll pitch around the zone until you don't swing. That's your fault for jumping the gun everytime! You can win with an undermanned team(bats) just look at Knightnoles & EaglesIrish, both of those guys having stunning seasons.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

A) A good batter for sure. I made Brian Matusz look like Greg Maddux out there.

B)I'd take Pujols. I'm not sure you can really bolster the middle of your lineup much better. The guy is a hitter machine in this game. I personally haven't used him, but I have the hardest time getting him out.

Arod would be a close 2nd....

8. controllerabuser

[YOUTUBE]SoJZ3SogZJg[/YOUTUBE]

9. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

i'll go with a pitcher. i can manufacture runs but i need an ace with a big pitch selection. keeps the baters guessing. haren has some nice junk pitches which come in handy with a mid 90s fastball. it seems no matter what my bottom two pitchers, ian kennedy and rodrigo lopez have one bad inning. plus mixing and mashing a changeup n fastball could only throw the opposing teams timing for so long. give me a slider and curve for back door k's.

10. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I am torn on this. My team is running out Kyle Davies and Brian Bannaster so there is room for improvement. In a perfect work I would have Cliff Lee alongside Greinke in the game. If I could have any batter. I would take Evan Longoria. For some reason I mash with him on this game.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

To me, it's all about the hitting... I'd take Pujols in this game all day long over the King Felix's, Verlander's, etc.

IRL, pitching, no question though...