Question-Regarding No Huddle

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 24, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

This may seem like a dumb question, but I figure some one on this site knows the answer. When you run the no huddle offense, how can you make your players look over to the side line when you run the no huddle offense? I have been trying to figure this out, but I am stumped. I am trying to run the current WSU offense, which is no huddle. Don't ask the question why anyone would want to run this offense, because it is F'ng STUPID. Just humor me.

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

If you no huddle they just run up to the line. Once they get set audible and I think that will do it. But if you want it like they do in reallife I don't think its possible. I don't run a lot of no huddle so I could be wrong, but that's the way it seems from games I've played against no huddle guys.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This will probably sound incredibly dumb (but best answer this guy has), but in my offline with Wyoming I run a hurry up once in a while (after big plays, when we have some momentum going). To get my guys to look to the sideline I call the play, wait til everyone is set, and "audible to original play". On Xbox I think its X then LT. They will all look to the sideline and it will at least look right.

Mind you there isn't much use for it, its only for show, but it does look nice. Just make sure everyones set before you basically recall the play.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If you don't want to change your play call, you can audible to the same play and also, just cancelling the audible (b on xbox) will have them look as well.

5. gowazzucougs

Have you called a different play prior to them getting set? Or do you have them line up, and then audible to original play?

6. gowazzucougs

Do I need to call a play, and then cancel the audible?

7. gowazzucougs

Kasper and jello1717

are you guys using custom PBs, or regular playbooks? I was using custom last night, and I am pretty sure I was doing some of the stuff you guys were mentioning, and nothing was working.

8. jello1717

I use a CPB, but I haven't tried getting the guys to look to the sideline in a while. You shouldn't need to call a play. I just pushed the audible button, and then pushed B and they looked to the sideline.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I use normal playbooks. As my guys are getting back to the line to line up after I call hurry up, I call the play. Once everyone is set, I audible to original play and it makes them look to the sidelines.

10. gowazzucougs

I did what both you and jello1717 told me. It just looked like the guys reset. Have you tried aggressive clock

11. jello1717

I guess it just sucks to be you. After some debug, I've determined that it likely only works for "no huddle teams." This year Michigan is flagged as a "huddle team." I know this because when I run the no huddle with them (which I do all the time) I'm frequently told by the announcers about how surprised they are that I'm running the no huddle "we heard they might run some no huddle but I didn't think we'd see it this early in the game" etc. In last year's game, when Michigan was a "no huddle team" not once did the announcers ever make a comment about the no huddle because there was nothing out of the ordinary when we ran the no huddle.

So I'm guessing that WSU isn't flagged as a no huddle team (even though I think the CPU runs the no huddle). I tried using WSU and Michigan, and neither of them looked to the sideline. I used Oregon, a no huddle team, and this is how it's supposed to look:

(note, the audio is really low so you'll need to crank the volume up).

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Have you tried calling the play after the players get to the line?

13. gowazzucougs

The conclusion, I have is the game is buggy. I played a user game last night, and while my players would simply reset when I audible to original play, my opponent told me my players were looking to the sideline on his screen. Isn't that right recchem2000

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No they werent...I asked you if you figured it out. Must of been bad communication. THEY DID NOT LOOK TO THE SIDELINE.

15. gowazzucougs

Then screw it, I will still try and run the no huddle, but mix in the aggressive clock strategy

16. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I think if set on aggressive it will only fatigue your offense faster.

17. jello1717

and if it's like it was in '11, it'll be way, WAY faster.

18. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

IF your using a custom playbook the playbook has to be flagged as a no huddle team, aka OREGON, Auburn, OU, you can make the playbook all option but the playbook has to be flagged no huddle base

19. jello1717

I use a custom pb that is based on Mississippi State. Using the exact same CPB, I got the "no huddle look to the sideline" with Oregon, but did not with WSU or Michigan. Based on that, it definitely seems like the "look to the sideline" is tied to certain teams and not the playbooks.

As further proof, Nebraska is a "no huddle team" so they run the no huddle. Even after they get a new coach (they ran Fresno State's pb for a while in my dynasty) they still run no huddle so that must be because they are a no huddle team and not because they're using a no huddle pb (which I think is dumb and hope it's fixed for '13).