Question/Suggestion for Nate

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Jan 25, 2010.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Question/Suggestion for Nate

Nate, not tryna change your rules or get you pissed at me again. Just wondering!!

Do you think we should move the draft before free agency? With the way free agency is going, do you think we should just stick to the same schedule getting the draft in Sunday. This will allow time to get cap book and cuts drawn up....

Not a request just a friendly suggestion!!

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

yes, i am fine with that. it will just push the start of season 2 back - way back. at this point i have lost all interest

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think with us forcing cuts by midnight tonight, we can start FA tomorrow and still be ready for the draft by the allotted time on Sunday.

I too have lost a lot of interest, but I am trying to help hold things together until the start of the season comes when it'll all be OK.

4. natedawg212000

this is somethign to think about. if we waited, and done the draft, released all those player, i dont know if the game can handle that many fa's in the system at one time. i'd have for it to start deleting players. why dont we just keep things as is, but lets make sure all players are released from all teams before we start.

this is another suggestion, i could sim the draft (since we know every rating any ways) and release those players now. This way we can start signing ppl (cause i dont think it lets us sign them right now)

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

that might work. also be sure to look at the FA book I created. That might solve a lot of our current problems and we can just keep on rolling. . .I'll keep it updated through the FA process.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Great idea nate let's get things rollin!!!

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sorry to chime in late on this one, but work kept me way too long today. I do have one question: if we do simulate the draft, does it immediately jump to week 1? I know this is dumb, but if it does we'd have to be pretty harsh on people who try to play with rookies that they might have on the squad. Maybe a dead period between the draft and week 1 where all we do is FA, then we do the draft, get players on the right teams, then we start week 1 shortly after.

That idea ran together, but I'm kinda tired. If it doesn't make sense let me know.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like Nates idea of simulating the draft now but like Win said we would need an absolute zero tolerance dead period before starting Week 1 games

9. natedawg212000

there is no dead period, it goes from draft to week 1 i am pretty sure. ill do it tonight and make sure, but when i sim the draft i will release the player right away. we just need to make sure no bids are placed on rookies

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ill make sure no rookies are in my FA book.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Also what Jeremy was saying is we need to make sure no one plays there week 1 game before date X....whatever date we set.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

With the rookie list I did for the draft, we'll just need to keep an eye on this one as a board. Gotta be tough on the free agency here to keep people in line.

13. natedawg212000

dun, my only problem with teh book (and you may have it) is it wont have ALL the fa's, it will only have the NEW fa's, correct? the FA's that were there at the end of the season wont be on yoru list, but are real fa's, which means the fa book wont be useable except for new fas

14. Jeremy

Winuvas's cap book has those FAs though Nate. So maybe Dun can get them from there and combine

15. natedawg212000

no i mean the fa's who were free to be picked up, not the fa's that were picked up last season. i mean the fa's who were fa's when we started this offseason.

16. Jeremy

Yeah..Winuvas made a list of available FA from last year and added them to his new cap book.

17. Jeremy

Should we make an official post about the start of FA?

18. natedawg212000

ah, cool didnt realize that. i will when we actually start it.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

Guys! I have ALLLLLLL the free agents in my book. Every single one of them.

Sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know this. I was wondering why you didn't like my book.

Lol. No those are ALL of the FAs up to about 1pm your time today.

I will update it when I get home if you still want to use it! Its all there tho....every single FA.

20. natedawg212000

cool, that will work. so everyone needs to look at the fa book first. jeremy please make sure theres a post (i will sticky it) saying that they should go off the book.

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok. I'll update the book when I get home in a few hours.

22. Jeremy

will do.

23. Jeremy

Should I post FA book now or wait till it is 100% updated later tonite by dunlap?

24. natedawg212000

lets wait i guess.