Question to owners old and new

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So, I wanted to ask owners around the league a question involving content in the OMFL. And this goes for guys who already do stuff as well: Do you do extra content for the league? If you do, what do you do?

My biggest question is this: Would you like to contribute to the league in some way? If so, please let us know here what you would be willing to do, or what you would like to do. It doesn't have to be much, but every little bit makes us that much better as a league.

2. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

I am new to being more involved past my team but I would like to start. Anything to get my feet wet would be appreciated. :)

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It's up to you, really. If you can do some writing, that would work. Perhaps something like a division blog?

If you're not a writer though, maybe just do some stuff off of someone else's work. When I do the draft spreadsheet for year 2, you could do a position by position analysis (not bios like I did, but something like a grade system for each position, then each positions' players?).

Just throwing out ideas. I know some folks are working on power rankings. As of this moment we don't have a podcast person. I would do the podcast, but the league moves faster than I can keep up as far as doing a weekly (by OMFL standards) podcast. It takes a ton of time as well (usually about 2-3 hours of preparation and talking/editing for about 20 minutes of podcast). If you have the knowhow and desire/software/hardware to record a podcast, go for it.

If enough demand comes for the podcast by me to come back, though, I'll bring back "This Week in the OMFL".

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

bring back the podcasts!!!

5. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

I don't think 'm your pod cast guy but let me think about it and figure out what i think i could be good at. I was originally a journalist major but the business world has stripped my writing and taught me the business model. I'll get back to you and thanks man.

6. Wayne

Wayne Walk On

I really wouldnt care to help out on certain things. I just dont wanna get into the writing half a page everynite on things. I could do like vegas lines and give people a set amount of money and let your money totals at the end of the year be your tiebreaker on drafts instead of sos and stuff like that. Just a idea

7. Fr3sH_UC

Fr3sH_UC Walk On

I would really love a podcast to listen too ! =D

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

And that's fine, Wayne. We as a league are not forcing any content from owners other than two things:

- If you win a game, post a game summary with score of game as subject before next week's games begin.
    - Either start, or reply to, a scheduling thread within 48 hours of advance.

Just curious to know who would want to contribute extra stuff, and if so, what they would want to take a crack at. :)

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you had listened to my podcasts, I'm not your podcast guy either. lol

Dunlap was far better at it than me, but since that is also his profession, it's understandable that he wouldn't want to "work" away from work.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

win your podcast were far better simply because you did one. period!

11. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

bring back the podcasts!!!

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, there must be an echo in here somewhere.

Well, if the OMFL Bowl is done Wednesday night, I could do a yearly recap of the playoffs podcast, as well as draft preparation. Since we know who the top ten pickers are, I could do a "Buckman's Big Board" type section where I guess who will draft what in the top 10, or, if time permits, the first round entirely.

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Winny, about everyone still has mumble loaded on their comps from last draft, are we going to do voice chat with google docs getting updated after each pick or what? If we are going AIM/google docs i would love for you to mel kiper our draft on mumble. "The titans picked who???? are you crazy, that guy is a 7th round talent on a 10 round talent team" i love it bro

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We aren't using Mumble anymore. I actually do not have access to the computer that used it anymore as I moved and left that clunker at my old place. However, while I would love to do something like that, my activities in the draft will keep me too busy to do something like that. Could do a podcast afterwards with draft grades and the like.

15. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

nice nice, you could always just have a live mic and let the pervs like me listen to you breathe lolololol so suhish

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, if we do like last year, I know we had a voice chat going for the draft runners. Dunno if we are doing that this year or not.

17. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I know nobody has mentioned this yet, but bring back podcasts.

I've been thinking of doing something, just not sure what that will be.