Question...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Jul 10, 2013.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Not sure if this is a valid question, but I had to ask because I can't find it anywhere.
    What's the policy on redshirting? No redshirting of seniors, 90 or higher, etc.

2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I don't think we've ever had a policy. Never really felt the need for one. I could see the no senior one, but there's a time occasionally where a senior could redshirt.

90+ overall seems legit to me, though.

3. LeGeNd RiPs

I just know that some leagues have a policy. I don't see a problem with any redshirt really. I was just curious. Maybe we should have a policy. It's up to you guys. Just wanted to find out before I did my preseason stuff and found out I wasn't allowed to redshirt someone after we advanced. That would be a total facepalm.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yeah. I'm not really someone who's a big fan of redshirt policies (If I've got a 91 and 89 senior both and can only start one, I'd redshirt the 89 and give him a chance the next season to play and impress scouts for the NFL). But I can see others thinking otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeGeNd RiPs

That's exactly how I feel. I don't see a problem with it.

6. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Kind of unrealistic IMO

7. LeGeNd RiPs

It happens occasionally in real life.

8. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I'd be ok with it only b/c you can't truly rotate guys like you would IRL. For instance, say you have 3 or 4 really good DT's, like Bama. You would simply play a consistent 2 deep rotation in order to keep guys fresh and take advantage of different strengths and weaknesses; however in this game you can't do it, mainly b/c it's too cumbersome making all the substitutions but also b/c you don't really gain an advantage doing it. So in this game I think a RS for one of them is a totally legit way of doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I'm steadfastly against redshirting seniors and players above 90. That's my stance on it

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Anyone that is rated high enough to be in the 2 deep should not be allowed to redshirt. That would be sim, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

This with the exception that Freshman with an upperclassman within 3 points can be redshirted.

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

Even to the point that a 75 freshman can't redshirt if you have 2 74 sophomores? That's why I don't like strict redshirting rules, things like that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LSUTRUTH

Really though if that Freshman is your best player he should be playing.

14. LeGeNd RiPs

74 freshman and 74 sophomore?

15. LSUTRUTH

Can you read? JK JK

75 Freshman and 74 Soph lol

16. LeGeNd RiPs

I was asking if it was okay to redshirt the 74 freshman if you have a sophomore that is also a 74. Both being your best at that position.

17. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Not always. Think about it. A freshman comes in who is more athletic and skilled than the older player, but the older guy has a better brain for the game. Who do you think most coaches will play? Most real life coaches will take the guy who knows his role better.

In the game, its not as tangible. And in reality, overall is a meaningless number that has no attachment to system or play style and is really just a guideline number. If I'm running a 3-4, would I really play an 85 overall 270 pound gut over an 83 overall 330 pound guy at NT? No way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I still think something should be in writing and start
    Well the freshman is better and should be playing. So under your scenario the next year the rsFR now would still not start behind a lower rated JR, as he started last year and still has more experiance/football IQ

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Not necessarily, because that redshirt had a year with the team and knows the college game far better. That first year is huge in learning and body development. That's why so many guys redshirt as freshman, even if they are more skilled than older players.

The game sucks at simulating this due to the rating system and weight still not truly meaning anything.

• Like Like x 1