Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Question

OK guys,

When the new game drops, we will be playing under a specific set of rules - one guy, one team - one league for every three conferences, the ability to "move up" the coaching ranks as spots come open, etc. It's a closed system. It can only grow so much before there simply are no more leagues to be had. Four is as far as we will go.

The OFFL is named after a certain concept based on age. We don't really go by that concept anymore. If we were to rename based on the new system, what name might we choose?

It kind of reminds me of the fantasy sports "keeper" leagues, in that it will probably be a more involved game system. Anyone know what we might call this?

I'm just pondering here. I like the OFFL name. It is now an established thing. It just doesn't describe us anymore. I'm looking for a name for the concept, something to go after the acronym. Fill in this blank:

We are the OFFL. We are a _______ league. I'm looking to brand the concept here, and perhaps create a genre of online gaming. What would we call that genre?

Thoughts?

AG

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I'l throw out some words. None seem perfect, but might trigger something in someone else's brain:

Hardcore

Die-hard

True

Zealous

Dedicated

Authentic

Genuine

Real

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I also like the OFFL name, and granted we aren't all in our 30's, but there is a level of maturity that isn't found in your run of the mill dynasty.

As far the genre/concept idea, good important question. Going to think on that.

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I was actually wondering if this would come up at some point, but I didn't expect it until closer to the game drop. Now that I think about it, I think it's great that we're discussing it earlier.

We need a name that defines what we're about and what we're trying to accomplish. Multiple leagues aligned together to form one Super League. Correct?

How about this.... The College Football Alliance....The CFA

ALLIANCE...

noun 1. the act of allying or state of being allied.
    2. a formal agreement or treaty between two or more nations to cooperate for specific purposes.
    3. a merging of efforts or interests by persons, families, states, or organizations: an alliance between church and state.

I'll keep working the Thesaurus...lol...