Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by skipwondah33, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Question

This is not the reason I lost, Braska just played a better game but

I thought it was in the rules that you could not control the DE because of the AI in this years game and it being so effective and easy to do

T2 is killing me with his RE manually.

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

10.0– Moving Players before snap: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move a individual defensive player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment.
    Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your playcalling.

Depends on how he is doing it. It doesn't state in the rules that you can't move your player. You just have to control them after the snap then. If he is doing it to counter you then I would say it is totally fine. If you are tossing a lot or running options. I'd like to hear what went on.

3. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

4. T2

manual DE.

This is what i did most of the game L2 and hit R3 up for Man Audible, controlled Allen my right DE. I didnt move him ever pre snap. i did a few times changes slants of the entire line and shifted them via the L1. I then used the R3 Stick to Rip/Swim past the tackle. I had the Gamplan jump snap set at normal. i used aggressive Big Hit and switched back and forth on the Pick as aggressive for passing situations.

5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Using the DE this year is a joke.. if i were to use it it would be a sack everytime..the off line AI just cant counter anything that the human controlled de does..its not T2 fault...a he broke no rules.. u dont have to spread the DE wide or shift him to get to the qb super fast in this year's game IT"S BROKEN!!...it just super easy to make a sack that way and cause a whole lot of those lame duck throws....thats is how i lost the national champ game in sat heroes dynasty..bossy using the de...i didnt adjust...the only way to counter that is to pull up in the pocket and slants or would the qb up the middle..cause that human controlled DE is in your face too quick... imo

6. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

I agree with drowsike. T2 IMO was playing legitimately and within the rules but the reason I brought this up at the beginning of this dynasty is so we can avoid such situations.

a. we have sliders to generate adequate pass rush
    b. the line play is so f-ed up as it is so my suggestion would be to have a gentleman's agreement to not user the linemen.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

ok after this season no one will manually control DE's in user games.

8. T2

its whatever too me this is the first dynasty ive been in that its worked usually my DE falls down so i just switch off to someone else. i have a pretty clear example of what i was doing in my game summaries in the highlights .this is the first od to frown upon it.. generally if something isnt working very well for me ill just drop it and do something else. so i suppose we should take it to a vote? my question is does everyone use slide protection?

9. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

the jury is still out on slide protection. some say it works some say it doesn't. i know it has no effect on the run game for sure, dunno about pass protection

10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I am on the fence about this issue. I think if used correctly it should be allowed. I would not use it every play. I don't think it is fair to limit what you can do on defense.

I think if the offense is shredding your defense you should be allowed to control the DE for long downs. Also, if somebody is running a ton of tosses or options as well.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

go vote in the poll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.