Questions about salary cap stuff

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Questions about salary cap stuff

Okay, I know we did some changes to the cap structure late to accomodate trades and stuff. The main rule we put in was that modifiers based on starters (which is based on overall in the cap book) would be adjusted each year before week 1 of the season starts.

A few questions about this thought process that I want to voice NOW before the offseason starts. Get this figured out and locked in beforehand.

1. Free agents - are they locked on modifiers no matter what? If they are not, then this hurts bids and makes bidding even more of a headache. Just want thoughts on this one as I know where I stand.

2. Current players - if they regress to a point where they would fall down the depth chart, when the new season starts, does their modifier change? Or do we lock their modifiers based on past performance (overall)?

Okay, so only two questions. Not a few, just a couple.

Feedback would be appreciated on these topics. Like I said, I want to get this type of stuff nailed down and we all agree on it NOW while it's slow before the craziness of offseason hits. Or at least, if not all agree, at least be on the same page so there is consistency in rulings throughout the board.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Modifier never regress, ever. That much I know for certain.

The free agent system is pretty simple, just follow that chart.

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

As far as FA's maybe Im not quite understanding but dont they start fresh once they are released, Im dont think I understand what your asking. As far as players regressing I dont think their modifiers should ever change unless they are released.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wajy, my question on FA was geared towards people who keep FA signees over multiple seasons. Like most of my depth for example. If they progress/regress and go up/down the depth chart (based on overall), does their modifier change every season to reflect that?

Does that clear it up?

5. wajomatik

I would say thier modifier would only go up if they progressed but would never go.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The reason I ask these two questions in particular is that, with this first offseason, we waited to adjust modifiers until after week 1 started (mainly because of trades). And, we did state that we would do that every year (reset the modifiers based on overall), if I'm not mistaken. I just want to clarify that point.

7. wajomatik

I dont think we should reset based on overall every year. The only thing that should change is if player progresses the modifier goes up.