Questions, Comments, Concerns, Issues.....ask them here

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by kdpnutter, Aug 29, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns in regards to anything with the league then please feel free to post here and RadarRider and myself will be happy to address them in anyway. I want everyone to to have the warm and fuzzy before the season starts about everything, so any issues at all I would like to know now so we can fix it.

Remember, we are here for you (y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    iBleedOrange247
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Papa Perry
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

2. Bryce Rogers

Bryce Rogers Walk On

When are we allowed to start running the playclock down to 1 before we hike the ball? I know there is an accell clock but still waiting that extra 15 seconds makes it way unrealistic as far as number of plays etc

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It shouldn't be 20 seconds left on the play clock when you break the huddle, or am I misunderstanding what your saying?

4. Bryce Rogers

Bryce Rogers Walk On

When you break the huddle, there is still some time on the clock. Is it okay to run that down to one every snap? And if not, when is it allowed

5. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Is 3 3 5 allowed or not?

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

335 is allowed, however not as a regular defense, you can mix it in and use it in the correct situation, don't want to see someone using 335 as a regular nickel defense only, we have nickel defenses for a reason. Only defense I would say ban completely is 1-5-5, however that is up to our esteemed Commissioner RadarRider

7. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

ok since im not that greatest with fundamentals of football seeing that i started going all b ball at the age of 11 besides flag... what exactly would be the proper time for the 3-3-5?

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

3-3-5 would be a passing down at least 3 WR on the field, however as I said use it sparingly, not ever time there is 3 WR or 4 WR on the field. Use your nickel and dime, but it's okay to use 3-3-5. Just like offensive plays you mix them up same on defense and using that formation. I hope that clarifies it a little because I don't like putting set numbers on times for things. (y)

9. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

ok... so for strategic purposes... am i doing right by going with 4-3 on 1st downs, nickle on 2nd and and more than 5, dime on 3rd and more than 5?

10. GDip

GDip Walk On

generally that's a good plan. the idea though is you want to match the offenses personnel. so if an offense has 3/4/5 wides on the field, you want more speed. obviously that speed comes from your DB's. so that's when you'd want nickel/3-3-5/dime. just because it's first down doesn't mean come out in 4-3. Look to see what the offense is doing and try your best to mix and match plays/packages to best defend the players they put on the field.

11. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

gotcha...thanks!

12. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Ok i played my tournament game versus the bengals. I felt the game speed setting was way to slow, does anyone else feel the same way ?

13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Hey Aspect1 , I saw you lost vs the Bengals and if I'm reading the loser bracket correctly we play next....Are you seeing the same?

14. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Yessirr, when can u ball?

15. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Later tonight possibly...11est? Or I'm off all day tomorrow......

About your comment...I think slow plays just fine....Under normal setting it seems almost too rushed and the animations don't play out how they should I feel like. Either way it's not a big deal to me but I think slow plays fine...

16. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

We will need to create a new roll-call, there was a very people who left the league and I want to see is who is still here. It seems with have some MIA

17. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I noticed that too. But then again I just get to surf the net all day at work so I notice EVERYTHING that goes on here.... :cool:

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I literally have just conducted one that ended today but if there has been changes and people haven't informed you or I on this then I can do another one but with the long weekend I know a lot of people are going to be out of town. I will conduct one about Tuesday coming up and it will give people a chance to be around for it to get most accurate aspects (y)

19. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

Ok the Panther play book has the pistol and alot of read option plays is this allowed

20. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

What is wrong with pistol and read option? My concerns are with people abusing Ace-Shotgun and any bunch formation. I am seeing both a lot online. We will make sure that everyone post their playbook before the season starts. If there is an overload of a certain playbook that will tell us something...

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Perfectly fine, as long as it isn't the same 5 plays being run all the time. Remember to mix up your play calling but neither of those are the issues some have encountered lining up and people running the same 5-10 plays all game long. (y)

22. GDip

GDip Walk On

does anyone know if there's a date for the finalized rosters to be updated and released? and are we planning on starting as soon as that happens?

23. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

As soon as final rosters are released we will be setting up the league that day and doing the preseason starting the following day (y)

• Like Like x 1
  24. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

Ok help me out with this I video these couple of plays i do believe there all legit according to TSO sim style of play

Play 1

Play 2

Play 3 I think is more of my concern

Play 4

Let me know please, also sorry if video isnt clear I dont have a video card this was all done from a cell phone

25. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

My concerns are if you have a speed type of QB as i do, someone might get up set about the plays Me personaly, I look at it as more of a Goal line situation, but im not saying i wouldnt use them in any other fashion i just dont want some to be upset with me about them thats all