Questions for BfR members

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Mar 28, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

This is kind of a follow up to the final stretch thread. I know in the past I have become bored with this game at the end of the season but I want this to run strong and carry onto next release with better ideas. There are a lot of leagues that are still doing great but many have bit the dust. So, I have assembled some questions for you guys to give us some feedback on. Just some things to help us make these last few months better and be improved for 12.

1. How has your experience been in this league so far?

2. What are some things we could do to make it better?

3. Who do you like to play the most and why?

4. What are some positives and negatives between this league and any other league you are in. For example, what does your league do that might be a little better than ours.

5. What are some content ideas that you think would benefit this league the most.

6. Do you like doing game summaries? Yes or no, how come? Is there any other idea we could use that would make this better?

7. We all enjoy Radio's recruiting summary. Is there anything we as a group should add to it as well?

8. Anything else you'd like to see changed/modified? Or any thoughts/ideas?

9. Are there any things you'd like to see implemented as far as rules go. I don't want to be too strict but we want to play good sim realistic football. Thoughts?

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I love this league. It wasn't until CA lit a fire under my butt that I realize just how close-knit this group is and how I should step up my participation level.

I would love to see an updated weekly power-ranking. Maybe just a sentence or two about each team to keep everyone in the loop about what's going on.

I love to play Tuco. There's just something about his style of play that makes me think more about each and everyone of my moves. Our games are usually low-scoring and almost always comes down to the final drive somehow...it's weird.

4. What are some positives and negatives between this league and any other league you are in. For example, what does your league do that might be a little better than ours.
    I'm in Z2H and last season we had a guy do a video recap that he just put together of all the teams on a weekly basis. Not sure how tough this is to do (or time-consuming), but I thought it was pretty sick.

5. What are some content ideas that you think would benefit this league the most.
    Seeing how we have lots of user games every season, I think having a user-vs-user stats page would be awesome. I am working on this and would like to have it up soon before it gets overwhelming by doing everything at the last second.

6. Do you like doing game summaries? Yes or no, how come? Is there any other idea we could use that would make this better?
    I don't mind doing game summaries, but just find that I am very lazy about doing them. I can make the time...i just need to quit making up excuses.

7. We all enjoy Radio's recruiting summary. Is there anything we as a group should add to it as well?
    I love Radio's recruiting summary. I think with the amount of time and effort he puts into them, we should definitely make that thread a more heated-discussion topic with people contributing their thoughts on it.

Not really...love the BIG10/PAC10 format.

9. Are there any things you'd like to see implemented as far as rules go. I don't want to be too strict but we want to play good sim realistic football. Thoughts?
    I find myself very torn on what to do on 4th times at times. Sometimes when I go for it on 4th and inches (ahead or down) when I'm BARELY out of FG range, I might piss off one guy whereas the other might not bat an eyelash. In real life, I see teams go for this all the time and it's not unusual, yet it seems like such a gray-area in this league. I don't think this is sim when you're forced to kick a FG even though your FG kicker has no chance. I've also been told you can't go for it on 4th and inches if you're ahead? Lets say the score is 6-3...why would someone have to kick a FG knowing that they will most likely miss it? Makes no sense. Please correct me if I'm understanding this rule wrong.

3. controllerabuser

Lol at nrg's 1st answer. Gotta do what I gotta do

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

Well it's been great..I had fun with Boise the first go around and then joining the Big Ten has been awesome. I have never played with a team in that conference so just the games being so monumental was awesome. Of course you guys make the league what it is too, and I love our camaraderie.

I think the biggest thing is we need more chatter, more friendly trash talking. Id like to see some new guys step up and produce some kick ass stuff too.

Oh shit..I like to play my fellow Big Ten guys just because they are always close and always a stressful, hard fought game. I know except for my games vs Radio, that when I play CA, H22 or Diddy it usually comes down to the final possession.

Definitely a power rankings every week. Also a big game chatter thread would be cool. I just think when different guys come up with ideas its great. Keeps everything fresh.

I don't mind them at all. I actually enjoyed doing the audio ones more. I need to get back to doing that. Sometimes I get caught up playing late so it takes me another day or two to get a recap going. I think a post game conference audio is the best way, it's quick only takes two or three mins and you can incorporate a "coach" feel to it a little more.

Radio does a great job. I think we need to put a focus on what and how those guys we sign are going to be incorporated into our respective teams. Expand on what Radio says, ya know. Even disagree with him some that way he stays on his toes a little more..lol

Eventually we need to start discussing our advance rate for new release. If you know me I want to move fast, much the same as CoC or Deuce. I think that way you truly build a team. As I see it now we are just beginning to play with our recruits who we have waited to progress. I know maybe the advance rate of CoC isn't feasible for some, but I think a hard 48 next release would be great. I do want to say everyone does a great job getting them in now.

I'd also like to see the Pac Ten contribute a little more, even if it is minor. Sometimes I forget some of you are even there! JK

We need to get back to depth chart rules. I see alot of things that I question, mostly when we don't set DCs before season the CPU does crazy things. I think we also need to keep a keen eye on any POS Changes. I'm not sure anyone really pushes the issues in this league, but still its a part of being in an OD on TSO.

5. controllerabuser

The position changes could be documented very easily. You would have to post whatever changes you made and we would go from there. Of course you might not be able to catch everything but you get most of it.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

1. Well, I've had Clay and Drob so I know I've been a complete annoyance to the league. Its been great though and I've had a blast. Look forward to rolling through till July.

2. Not really sure. I hate seeing user games being simmer though.

3. Lame answer but everyone I've played. There are no easy wins. Even the CPU gives me a good run 3-4 times a year.

4. I'm behind the curve on this as well but besides CA and Bob, we don't utilize multimedia. The audio summaries are a nice addition and recording games would be nice. Again, I've not contributed anything in this department and I realize most of us don't have the equipment necessary.

5. Conference races would be cool and wouldn't require a lot of time till later in the year.

6. I do on half and don't on half. If something cool happens (nice highlight, pic, stat, etc) I like to share it but some games are just plain uneventful. Those games, it's does feel more like a chore.

7. I'm open to anybody adding anything. Honestly, I'm struggling to find new wording, superlatives, etc and it feels like I'm saying the same shit over and over. Maybe my dumb ass should find a thesaurus. Diddy's stuff is seams to be very time-consuming but if he's up to it, that's awesome.

8. Nothing comes to mind.

9. Rules are fine to me.

8. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I have really enjoyed it. The format is cool, with so many user games in a season you really have to earn a conference title. It is a great challenge and more rewarding when you have some success.

As stated earlier, I hate to see user games have someone on auto-pilot.

NRG- like he said the games we've played have been great and I also feel need that I need to outhink him. That is football I love- the strategy side of it. We've split our two games but they usually have a similiar story. Offensively, USC moves the ball well but turns the ball over and struggles in the red zone (NRG is a bitch to score on in the red zone). Defensively, I think the trojans have always played well but been scorched by 2-3 big plays. Last season (a 14-13 USC loss), the Trojans had a 13-0 lead and drove into scoring territory before throwing a late pick.

Actually, now that I think about it- I love to play anyone in the Big Ten:p

IMO, the key to every OD is the advance. You have to keep moving to keep up interest. We have been good but can be better.

I think the scoreboard could be better. I know in a fast moving dynasty it is difficult to get a picture up and a detailed story but at the least, we should require a couple of sentences describing what happened.

see question 5

radio's report is one of the best threads on TF and much appreciated. I think maybe kicking up some smack for on-going recruiting battles would be good.

Really not much, excited to finish the season and a few more before 12 hits.

I think adding a 72 roster limit after the off season recruiting is done would be good. I like to have balanced classes and sometimes the extra two helps with that. If we are aiming at sim, oversigning does happen. Another is a five star cap, if you look at recruiting rankings here

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=9&c=14&yr=2011

You'll see that signing more than five is very rare. You can scroll back and look at previous years' rankings in the class drop down.

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    @tuco418

I am very interested in what you said on the last question..could be something to look into this offseason

10. controllerabuser

+2? 2x12 would be 24 players we would be taking away from the CPU.. The CPU teams are already horrid as it is.

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea you are right. I was more less limiting 5 stars that way the CPU recruiting is a bit better. Course maybe Tuco is just saying it's too easy ;)

12. controllerabuser

I could go with that.. Say maybe 3-4 5*s. What about limiting 4*s too? This might be more for next release.

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    yea i kinda like the idea..i mean..it would make recruiting really be the end all

14. controllerabuser

Just think how much better CPU teams would be. The CPU would have better rosters and give us better games. That way you wouldn't sleep walk through games. I think setting a limit on 4* and 5* recruits would make you have to really pay attention to who you're recruiting.

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Very true. I already feel I get pretty great guys for their rating, but this would make it better for all.

16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Just think how better Michigan State would be if you guys would stop stealing my 4* recruits and had a limit on them!! HAHAHAHAHA...

They say laughter is the best medicine, but I've found bottles of whiskey help the pain of not getting a single 4* recruit this year....

[​IMG]

17. controllerabuser

VERY TRUE sir.. That's the thing I'd like to do is balance the teams out a little. Make the CPU more competitive.

18. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I don't know, but I feel the CPU gives me a good game. I've lost a fair share amount of CPU games the last few seasons haha

19. controllerabuser

When?! lol

You are getting your ass beat and then come back and win all the time lol

20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

He lost against ZONA!!!! WINLESS ZONA!!!! Well, now they have a win.

21. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

lol i hate u

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I have been there NRG. My Baylor Bears have had great seasons wiped away by my incompetence.