Question's for Coaches

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Question's for Coaches

Here are some questions for all coaches to answer and bring some activity to the boards. Just copy and paste then provide your answers.

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the OFFL West??

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

Question #3 With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?

Question #4 Do you plan on being in this league when NCAA 11 drops? (Premier of not)

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the OFFL West what would it be?

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength?

Question #8 What is your team's biggest weaknesses?

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the OFFL West so far?

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the OFFL West??

Going to have to go with cnic, he has the national Title and dominated everyone in recruiting.

Big Suge and the wolverines. He would have beat me despite the turnovers, his secondary was crazy good.

Question #3 With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?

I lost the first season, but got my revenge this year. I always seem to lose 1 game on a fluke. This year I can almost taste the title.

Question #4 Do you plan on being in this league when NCAA 11 drops? (Premier of not)

Yes and I will be the commissioner

Receive no more gameplay complaints on users

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

Masler could win some titles easy If he stops choking in the big games

Matt Barkley and the passing game, he makes some really nice throws minus the INTs.

Running game. My HB is always hurt just as he is this season. I find my self relying on the pass too much.

GAMEPLAY FIX. I also think a feature to watch other games would be awesome. Recruiting needs an overhaul, cpu's suck at it. Poll Logic sucks too, thatd be a nice fix.

Joe Mcknight. He was a monster and really fun to run with. He would blow guys over all the time.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

I know I lost some receivers to Texas, pry explains why my WR core is so slim right now.

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the OFFL West?? As far as consistency goes, it has definately been hova in my eyes. Always a top 5 recruiting class, always a Top 10 team at the end and beginning of a season. Beat Cnic that would have been the best had not been for a Head To Head matchup

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? So far the Coach that has given me the most fits is probably Bravejaf

Question #3 With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far? I think inconsistancy against users has been my problem before, but that seems to not be a problem this year as much. I dont know the real test will come against Miami.

Question #4 Do you plan on being in this league when NCAA 11 drops? (Premier of not) YESSIRRRRRRRRR

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the OFFL West what would it be? The way the computer goes into GOD mode randomly lol

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great? Probably masler, he was 1 big 4th qtr from Penn State away from being right in that national championship with Texas. I think he will be right in the picture come our late season matchup once again.

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength? Everybody knows this, my run game. The biggest factor in all my wins. And m defense of course, stats may not say it but my D keeps me in games more than anyone knows

Question #8 What is your team's biggest weaknesses? I would say my WR corps, they drop up to 5 balls a game that would be TDs it just frustrates the shit out of me

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? More intense rivalrys in OD i feel its too vanilla and not as competative sometime as it should be. And the bcs system be changed COMPLETELY. Schedule strength just doesnt matter.

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the OFFL West so far? My favorite player has definately been JuJu Clayton i feel like i birthed a son when i found him at QB lmao

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? Ryan Schultz definately. This year i'll be losing the leader of my defense in Exum and he woulda sured up that FS spot for me in the future definately. Damn USC!!!

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll have to say Hova. He's always giving everyone hell on and off the field (recruiting). He may not have won a title game yet but I'm sure it's so close he can taste it. You can blame Notre Dame for not giving him shot last year.

Need I say this?? HOKIE...lol sorry man but so far you are the only one who has stood in my way of that oh so sweet Title game.

My inability to stay consistent in big games. Look at last year, up 21-0 and lost...not much else I can say about that except....CHOKE:eek:

Yup

The amount of turnovers, they have seemed to increase lately.

I think recchem would be very good if he limited turnovers. Most of his games that are lost are only by a TD or less it seems.

I would have to say my ability to stop the opponent's offense. It might not work everytime but if I never stopped them, then I wouldn't be winning my games and have so much time on offense to work with.

Run Blocking. Unless it's perfect I don't get much yardage on an average rush.

That they fix the glitch were the timeout/pause button stops working right when you need it. Also the fair catch glitch, ever been on punt return and hit Y but the guy like half waves his arm, fields it, gets leveled, and the resulting fumble is taken for a TD.

Probably my QB Rhoden, he's just insane when he's on his A game. He has his bad moments and his injuries but overall the kid can make magic happen.

Ah shit, I can't really remember. I've quite a few to USC this year....and last year...and the year before...hmmm I see a trend...either i have to recruit harder or just quit if USC is on his list.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'd have to go with Hova. He destroyed me in our match last year and he also stole my top recruit this season. I'm not a fan of Hova/USC at the moment.

Before he left it was definitely Joe, lost to him twice last season. I guess I have to fall back to Hova since Joe is gone.

Ohio State has the best roster of any team in the league so Masler has a shot. He got lucky to escape Miami with a win but if he can utilize his school's talent he will be tough to beat.

I'm not sure how the Premier thing works. If we are limited to 1 Premier league than I'm going with Coast to Coast. If we are not limited to 1 or it remains open to all then I would surely join.

I can't really think of much. Just wish I joined sooner so I could have built my team up better, computer didn't do me any favors with this current roster.

I'll stick with Masler. From recaps it seems he struggles with turnovers at times. If he can limit turnovers than he'd be very dangerous.
    Note: He didn't turn it over against Miami

I guess cornerback, lot of depth and 2 very talented starters.

Speed at skill positions, especially wide receiver. Losing Byrd, Streeter, Johnson and Tompkins really hurt my receiving core. Kent, Miller, and Reid have stepped up but they aren't going to scare many people.

Better gameplay physics and better blocking AI. I'd also love a completely new recruiting system.

Laron Byrd, only had him one season but he was tough to stop. He was the best vertical WR I have ever used.

I'll go with Ryan Schultz but there are many other players I missed last season. Starting with 7 of 8 road games certainly set me back in recruiting, especially when 1 home game was a loss to FSU.

6. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

That is tough, but going with cnic. Clean player who when I have played, has been neer flawless.

With all the recent coaching changes in my conference, it's gotta be cnic.

Do I have to answer this one?

Question #4 Do you plan on being in this league when NCAA 11 drops?
    (Premier of not)

Absolutely, if I don't get fired first. I gave up playing online years ago, because I didn't think a league like this existed.

Turn off interceptions. No, I really don't have an answer for this one.

Again, with all the turnover in my conference, half of the people I have played are gone, but I think if rechem could change teams, he could be great. When I played against him, it was just like playing anyone else, but clearly the talent wasn't the same.

I have got this water boy who is just awesome. Actually, this is tougher than question #1. I really don't have anything I can hang my hat on, but I would have to go back to my injured SS Tony Harris. He is only an 85, but, he plays more like a 95; it is really strange actually.

That is a toss up between QB, and run-D. Every game I lose, I can point to these two reasons. Doege frequently misses open receivers; usually on third down. I get tired of the announcer saying "He just missed him", when I have an uncovered receiver and the ball goes sailing 5 yards over his head. As far as my run-D, I'll put it like this, almost every week, I get the little screen pop up that tells me the opposing HB has broken a record, and I am not kidding.

It is a dream, (that is what a wishlist is after all), but I would like to see things that were around 15 years ago, like: the ability to keep a league going online indefinitely, without limits on the numbers of participants. Improved blocking AI would be nice. Most importantly though, get rid off the occasional "GOD MODE" game, like what happened to me last week. I played in online leagues in the '90's that had all of these things.

Currently, Tony Harris. I don't have to mess with him, and he just makes plays. Out of former players, it would be receiver Jacoby Franks. He was my big play guy.

I don't remember his name, but Texas A&M stole a 5-Star HB from me. I got behind early in recruiting, and never could catch up.

Bonus Question 2 -- What do you like about the league?

This league has an exceptional community, and the best part is the majority of the coaches being here year after year, as well as good forum participation. Part of the fun is reading others summaries, and knowing when I leave a summary, somebody will read it. Nothing is more lame than playing a league alone. I don't have much free time, but I do my best to check in and post daily.

Thanks, Hova for keeping is going. I know this is a lot of work.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'd have to go with Hova. The guy has a great team and wins with them. I think he's only lost 2 user games since I been around these parts. Plus im a Pac-10 guy!

DJ with VaTech kicked the crap out of my Bruins last season. It was probably the most frustrating user game I've played so far in the OFFL-W. He ran at will against my D.

No comment. I'd be happy with my first bowl bid. Not even thinking about a BCS title run at this stage.

We'll, I like the 3 OD's im in and really want to be in a dynasty as UCLA so i'll be back.

I would prefer more user games and rivals. I would prefer 2 conferences rather than the 4 we have. Im in Southern Exposure and its great. It really brings in a whole new element when you 4 or 5 user conference games. A Pac 10 / Big 10 dynasty would be my dream!

I dont really know how to answer this question. I would say Harris and myself...if we changed teams to better one's we would be in top 25 more than likely :)

RB and QB. Im really excited about my Freshman QB. He is the only 5 star guy I have recruited so far in this OD. If I can put some players around him, we might have something in a year or 2.

We are terribly slow and dont tackle all that well. More team speed would really help the Bruins alot.

I wish we could import the previous years version into the new and pick up right where we left off. I think having an OD go for 20-30 seasons would be amazing.

Cannon my FR QB. 87 rating can only go up. Looking forward is what we do at UCLA! Hilliard has been a nice surprise this year as well.

Dont know his name but last week I lost out on a 4 star HB to Miami. The guy could have probably stepped in next season and started for us. We werent even on his board to begin the season but got to #2 until he signed with the Canes.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Either Cnic or Hova, they are the only 2 users to beat me so far. I did split with Hova, so small edge to cnic

Barkley at USC is one of the better QB's and tough to contain

I already have 1, but I think I am turnover prown and that prevents me from having multiple titles

Sure is....might look into a different team though.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I think we are a pretty solid league overall

I guess its a consensus. Malser was 1 minute away from plaing in the BCS title game last year as he gave up an early 21-0 lead against me.

My secondary is experianced and fast with 3 All Americans

Injuries. Injuries. Injuries.

I think it would be cool to have a scrimmage mode where you can play other users with your team during the week while you wait to advance. Or maybe a spectator mode to watch other user games.

Kevin Newsome. He was a mobile QB who could make plays with his arm and legs.

I lost out on a ATH to USC who was only a :3stars: but lightening fast. Very curious of how he would have played out in a Nittany Lion uniform

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

His last name is Jones, I forget his first name. He will probably be #2 for me but he'll see playing time for sure next season. He is the fastest running back I ever signed in an online dynasty. He will be change of pace back behind my 5* recruit at that position.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I like the spectator mode.

11. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I have only played two, but cnic was very good. He had a few nice user picks.

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? see above

national title?? haha, I am just trying to finish above .500 and earn a bowl bid.

I hope you guys will have me back. I am having a blast and learning. I am not sure what premier means.

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the OFFL West what would it be? That the Oklahoma Sooners would be undefeated :)

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?not sure as i have only played two of you guys.

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength?Our punter, he is probably the only player on the team who has not cost us a game at some point this season.

Question #8 What is your team's biggest weaknesses?Turnovers. You cant win if you turn the ball over like i have been

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?Improved Run Blocking AI

My SS Kevin Brent. He is a ball hawk. always flying around.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?I have not lost anyone yet, but it sounds like USC is running a shady recruiting scam out west.