Questions For HK

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by controllerabuser, Oct 17, 2012.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What is your favorite part about the offseason?
    How about the least favorite?

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft?

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft?

What are you pre draft rituals?

• Like Like x 1
  2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

What is your favorite part about the offseason? - The Draft for sure
    How about the least favorite? - not being able to play

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft? - it really depends on how far along we are, at the beginning i like to fill roster spots through the draft, especially since now we can apply EXP points how we see fit and dont have to worry about stupid potential

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft? - I always look to build around weaker areas of my team and get depth at OL and DL. Also, if there is a Quarterback named B. Evans, I am going to take him because he will lead me to HK promise land and shares the same name as me. Brenden Evans in Denver last release was money

What are you pre draft rituals? - Well, I like to order a pizza and get drunk...perhaps throw on a movie like The Program to get in the college drafting spirit

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The draft, especially with the new scouting feature. Plus the endless possibilities of directions you can take to try and improve your team. The fact that its all on you as an owner to make improvements and keep your team competitive makes it mean even more imo. That coupled with the fact that you're competing against 31 other guys for players / picks.

The length of time it takes to do an offseason. I know its necessary, but it doesnt mean I like it :p.

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft?
    Ideally I think everyone would rather fill a hole through the draft. Ultimately though it comes down to availability of players either via draft or FA and the type of market you're facing in FA. I think the biggest issue you have to weigh is how likely is it you fill the hole via the draft versus the options you have available in FA. Also, are you willing to wait on said position to develop, or is it a position that has to be dealt with now.

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft?
    That really depends on what happens in FA, but I'm definitely looking to sure up my skill positions. There are a few spots that I think if I fill them via the draft I'll probably be set through the whole release as long as I can keep players.

I always try to do my own mock draft and try and figure out who I think people will pick. Then try and determine if I need to try and move up to a certain spot.

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

Most Favorite:
    Free Agency (even more than the draft)

Least favorite:
    Trying to resign players and them rejecting you. I feel like the fat kid at the dance.

My strategy has always been look for the best deals in free agency, regardless of position. If you can get a great deal contract-wise in free agency it helps your whole team by opening up more money for other points of need. After that, I re-evaluate and decide where I need to go in the draft.

I am taking a corner with my first round pick. I have 2 guys in particular I really like at the corner position, so hopefully one of them falls to me.

I masturbate furiously about 2 hours before the draft. Helps clear my head.

5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I was going to like your post... and then I read that statement..

• Like Like x 2
  6. controllerabuser

Man I was thinking earlier of drafting Prince Justice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. controllerabuser

And then you loved it.

8. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

who is that?

9. controllerabuser

redwings8831 knows who it is.

My CB I drafted last year. Did pretty well for me.

10. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

that's why I didnt recognize him...B. Evans didnt throw to many CB's...

• Like Like x 1
  11. controllerabuser

Bahahahaha Redwings did

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

14. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

i be working out at the ymca

15. controllerabuser

HK's Shaq Diesel

• Like Like x 1
  16. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

What is your favorite part about the offseason? Cap struggles, makes the game alot funnier.. Free Agency is Beast this year
    How about the least favorite? I always hate the waiting game to get to next season, but with 32 players its hard
    Free agents will always fill some holes.. Usually 1st 2 picks of draft i get best possible player available..Then fill holes after that
    Offensive line and secondary will be my first address going forward
    I usually just wing it lol.. Dont spend much time preparing as im too lazy

17. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

What is your favorite part about the offseason? The Human factor that is in play with all 32 teams controlled by a real human with real character traits and personalities that show in their playing style and GM skills. Also like the random funny things people do on the site to pass the time.
    How about the least favorite? Making up for poor decisions management made before taking control of the franchise.

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft? Draft for sure. Drafting a guy with the intangibles that prospects obtain(size/speed) knowing that you have the ability to mold a player in areas where they fall short.

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft? at pick #6 DB is an area we need to improve in.
    What are you pre draft rituals? Sacrafice a live chicken..... or just get a bucket of KFC and an ice chest full of cold ones.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  18. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

What is your favorite part about the offseason? Free Agency. That you dont have to give the player the most money other factors play in
    How about the least favorite? That no one will trade with me lol

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft? Id rather it be the draft but I think it will be FA with my season records

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft? BPA. I always like to draft lineman late if they fall or I do have a RB obsession.

What are you pre draft rituals? Full Throttle/Monster. Look at the players all day long. Im ready to skype it this year got my laptop fixed

• Like Like x 1
  19. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Finally.

20. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    until he would get burned by johnny knox

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Favorite part....free agency, just the competition for players in a bidding process makes it a challenge

least favorite.....The draft, but that's because if it's always on Sunday I will miss some/all of it.

In draft, I hope to fill the rest of my needs with quality players, hope to find 1-2 that could be a solid 5-10 year contributor

Predraft rituals, first draft and since I most likely will not be there, probably no rituals.

22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

What is your favorite part about the offseason? Free Agency, like the bidding wars

How about the least favorite? I guess not playing any games for a week or 2

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft? I'd have to say both, i'm looking for value so if i can get some decent players in FA that arent going to break the bank then im all for it, but the draft is where hopefully you can get some really great players

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft? With the loss of McFadden, HB is a need we also have some aging O-line men that need upgrading and of course CB might be a good choice as there seems to be a few good men in this draft or depending how the draft goes maybe even QB i guess it depends what the guys in front of me do.

What are you pre draft rituals? With this being a football Sunday, I'm sure ill be feeling no pain as the beer will be flowing, there will be some cursing at the TV watching my bets go down the toilet or the Raiders imploding. Then just before the draft starts i will do a little prayer and hope that whoever is drafting in front of me doesnt pick my damn player.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I love this league

• Like Like x 1
  24. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

What is your favorite part about the offseason? The ability structure my team thru Free Agency to meet my needs.

How about the least favorite? The bidding wars. I hate not knowing if I am going to get my guy while I'm trying to map out a plan for the future. The not playing also is not fun either.

Which would you rather do to fill any holes or get depth that you may need? FA or draft? If I am loking for someone to step right in right away and play I look toward the FA market first since they are known quantities. To fill depth and build for he future its the drat all the way.

You don't have to spill your secrets but what are you looking to address in the draft? Luckily I meet all my immediate needs in FA so I will be looking for quality depth in the draft but will not hesitate to take that impact draftee that slips down to me.

What are you pre draft rituals? Seeing that this is my first time in a Madden league, I have no idea what I'll do. Probably watch some games on TV and as we get close to starting look over my list and get ready to wait since I have no first round pick.

25. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

~Without a doubt, it's draft night.

~Fixing mistakes.

~Honestly, it's like sex anymore. Doesn't matter too much where I get it, I'm just looking for quality.

~I've got a few areas I'd like to address, but picking late and not having a damn clue who will be there, I'm likely going to do a lot of BPA this year. We'll see how it all falls.

~I've ordered wings, I've had brews. That is usually the norm. Being that it I will likely be driving 3 hours back to PSU from home means that I will be thinking about who I am going to take the entire trip, which likely will include 1-3 phone calls to BobJr along the way to see how everything is falling, if there are any hands being shown or any ideas he may have on who is good.