Questions for the Coaches, Wrap-up Edition

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Questions for the Coaches, Wrap-up Edition

Questions for all, copy n paste with answers:

What is your favorite moment in the OFFL West this year?

What was your worst loss in the OFFL West?

Anything you wish you could have did before we ended (beat someone, watch a recruit grow)?

What are you looking forward to the most in The Legacy?

How do you think your team will fare season 1 of The Legacy?

Have any ideas on what kind of system you will be running and recruiting at with your Legacy Team?

Anything we should do or add to make The Legacy Better next season?

Thanks for your time.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

My first National Title, blowing out the Hokies to take it all home.

My first National Title appearance where I lost to hokie. Could not stop the running game AT ALL. Had trouble on offense as well.

Anything you wish you could have did before we ended (beat someone, watch a recruit grow)?

This freshman QB I have now is a BEAST. Merriman is his name, He will be an absolute monster in a few years, especially on the ground.

The content we will be able to generate, Dynasty wire looks awesome. The game looks awesome as well. We are ready for a year long ride documenting it all as we go along.

I seem to have the best roster in the Pac-10 but I do not know how my QB and HBs will fare. I am excited about my safety's though, they look GOOD. Lamichael James scares me on Oregon being so good as a SOPHOMORE, and Recchem has almost beat me the last 2 times. The pac-10 race should be as exciting as ever next season.

Have any ideas on what kind of system you will be running and recruiting at with your Legacy Team?

Most likely the pro style. If Barkley turns out to be accurate I may light it up more but I plan on using USC's playbook and want to find an electric running back.

I just want to see participation and content from all of our guys. It should be alot of fun and you know I will be doing all my usual things.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have enjoyed the league from the time I joined. I guess my favorite moments were the first season when I had a couple last second victories. Unfortunately that season ended with a conference championship loss to Florida State.

I got trounced by USC once and Virginia Tech beat me badly at least once, but most painful was first loss to Ohio State. To lead entire game and lose on a 70+ yard TD was very painful. Plus I nearly broke my hand hitting the nearest wall.

I really wanted to play out careers for Ellis (HB), Jones (HB), Patterson (MLB) and Richardson (FS). They were all great players and I really enjoyed using them. Patterson was the highest rated recruit I landed in this dynasty (4-star 86 OVR). Ellis has a great combination of speed and power and will finish with back to back 1000 yard seasons. Jones was all speed but he had tons of it, he was fastest recruit I landed. Last but not least was Richardson who has been a tackling machine for past 3 seasons. He would have easily reached 350 career tackles if we played one more season. He was my defensive leader since he first stepped on the field.

I'm looking forward to playing in the Big Ten. That has always been my favorite conference and I'll be familiar with most of my players. I'm also looking forward to using some of Penn State's players, like Newsome.

Penn State lost some talent this season but I still think we have enough to compete for Big 10 Title. The Ohio State and Michigan games will be big steps in securing that conference crown.

I'm going to look over my roster to determine my school's strengths and weakness. I do hope to get a stud HB to replace Royster but other positions will depend on players leaving. As for the system, I'll probably be focusing on spread offense. The defense will depend on how the game plays. I'd like to run 3-4 but NCAA 10 had a very poor 3-4 playbook.

I think we are heading in the right direction. I like how tasks are being assigned to different members. This will help people feel even more involved in the league. We have a good group of people here and I'm sure everyone will do an excellent job with the content.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

The end of NCAA '10..yet to come but it will be my favorite.

Probably the one that cost me National Title hopes a couple years back vs Penn St

Wish I could have beat Hokie and DJ. Won the Big 10 and National Title. Wish WR James would've stayed his Senior year.

Using a new team, playing in a new conference and playing against new teams.

I think I will at least get 8 wins and earn a decent bowl.

I want to try the option with Miami as they have a speedy QB. I have always been a pass first kinda guy, I may try to perfect the run in my eyes. I also might try to actually control my secondary instead of the defensive line. As for recruiting I am unsure because I do not yet know what Miami is exactly like.

Everything looks good for now.

Thanks for your time.

5. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

What is your favorite moment in the OFFL West this year? Beating Texas

What was your worst loss in the OFFL West? CPU Texas hanging like 70 on my #3 ranked team in the Big 12 Championship Game. Worst loss I've ever taken in any game.

I was late to this part so I'll say win a Big 12 Championship, but I might get it this year.

Improved blocking this year contributing to two 1,000 yd rushers for the Hokies. Or Logan Thomas' move back to TE and All-American honors.

See above. Is contingent upon the blocking actually being impoved

I'm going to stick to VT's playbook at first. Power running game, mobile QB, good TE's and a stout defense. Will look to put a stranglehold on the 757 area code for recruiting.

Keep up the good work

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I enjoyed playing the user games without having to face cheesers that run around with the QB all the time. This is a great group of coaches.

Either North Carolina or Texas last season. My team gave up 300+ yards rushing and were pancaked more than 40 times in each game. It's frustrating when you're going for a tackle and your guy falls to the ground like he was hit with sniper fire.

My team is starting to come around, after some of the subhumans that were getting pancaked graduated. I had a solid group of players coming back next season that would have been competitive.

I look forward to playing with a solid group of coaches.

I think my team is going to have some issues in season 1. I am breaking in a new QB who will turn the ball over like crazy. Plus, my defense only returns 5 or 6 starters. I will have AJ Green and two solid RBs. I look forward to recruiting Georgia and trying to steal some of Spurrier's recruits out of the Palmetto State.

I will run a playbook that involves the I-formation. I love playing with teams that line up with a FB and TE who will knock your head off. I'm not sure what kind of depth I will have on defense. Since Auburn and Florida are both spread teams, I will probably run the 3-4.

I love how the league is going so far. The highlight reel was a great touch.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Winning the BCS Title the against Hova (think thats the only time I beat him), my back to back Heismans, and of course my Big 10 dominance (I believe I went undefeated under the re-organization)

I took some beatings against USC and Texas (when cnic was coach)

I wish I had one more shot at Hova, but I guess I will see enough of him in the Pac 10 in '11. I am also curious to see how WR Terrence Brown would have developed.

New rivalries in the Pac 10, the content, highlight reels, and the dynasty online web interface

10+ win seasons are the expectations every year and I have already circled 10/30/10 on the schedule. If I can get past the Trojans I think I could make an honest run at the BCS title.

I have never run a spread offense, but I think I may utilize the no-huddle spread this season. But don't worry James will touch the ball 20+ times a game. With the spread I would like to recruit a dual threat QB and surround him with speed,

I think we have put this league in position to be one of the best on the site and I am pushing for us to move into the Premier status.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:

I finally won a BCS bowl game against Texas last season and even though Cnic was not on the other sideline it gave a little satisfaction to the ass whupping I took in conf challenge the previous year

They are all bad but the most disappointing was the recent PSU loss b/c I came out of the gate strong but injury to my starting HB caused me to get out of my mix and throw some bad picks in the redzone.

I hate Penn State 'nuff said

A better starting roster.

Better than in NCAA '10

I am looking to go with a spread no huddle offense.

Cant think of anything at the moment. Hova you've done a great job since taking over.

I would pay an extra 10 or 15 bucks to get this game tomorrow.

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Last season's Sugar Bowl win over Nebraska. It was my first major bowl win. What made it all the more great was that the team was far from the most talented one that I've had.

While all the losses to USC hurt, earlier this season Virginia Tech just beat me from start to finish. DJ had an answer for everything I tried on offense and my defense just could do nothing against his passing attack.

Beat USC and win a PAC-10 Championship

I'm stoked to see the progression this league and group of owners will continue to make. I think we have the right mix of players to make this a fun league for a long time to come.

I better fair well. I'll be playing with one of the best teams in the game so anything short of a Big Ten Championship will be a disappointment.

Well as long as Pryor is at OSU i'll have to run some sort of offense that utilizes his strengths as a runner and passer. Once he's gone I'd like to move onto more of a pro style offense with a drop back passer.

None that I can think of at the moment.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Amen to that

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Winning 3 out of 4 user games to start the season. Got the year off to a good start!

I've had some bad ones (VT and Penn State come to mind). However losing that opener to FSU this season was a tough one. Looking back at what could have been!

BEAT USC!!!! I have one more shot but im hoping my baby cooperates and gives me the chance at least.

Continuing my tough rivarly games with Hova. Hokie is new to the Pac10 but we've had our go arounds in another league so that will be fun as well. Just looking forward to a great league!

Bad...It always takes me a while to get used to the new games. Being of a more mature age than some of you, my time and skills are rapidly declining. Im hoping to make a bowl game and leave it at that.

Pro system. Im not much of a spread guy but you never know. I'll have to see how things look in the new game.

I'll echo Hokies statement...keep pushing for that Premier status. We have a great group here that seems to be in it for the long haul.

12. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Easy. Beating Texas A&M, although shutting out Missouri 45-0 was nice.

The biggest margin of defeat was my second game in the OFFL west, about 5 seasons back, I lost to Texas A&M 72 – 20; that was not good. The game that was the hardest to swallow was, K-State two years ago. I was at home vs an inferior team, but my QB kept throwing the ball away from my receivers, by several yards, and the receivers kept dropping the ball. The K-State freshman QB and HB were awesome, and I ended up missing a bowl.

I would have enjoyed a few more user victories, and I would like to see my QB Smith in two more years.

I’m looking forward to a continuation of an active forum, with low user turnover, and good sim play. This is what sets this league apart.

I’m thinking 8-4.

I am going to stay as true to real-life system of my team as possible. That is what I enjoy. I did the same thing with Texas Tech in the past, even though it was not what I was best at. Don’t get me wrong, I want to win, but playing a realistic game more important to me.

My opinion, advance twice a week, on set days, say Thursday and Sunday. I am not one to take responsibility lightly, so in order to keep up the pace, I often have to stay up much later than I like, or get up real early to get a game in.

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Probably beating DJ last year in OT. I beleive he was in the title game the year before and I was new to the league. I had went in fulling expecting to get blown out, but somehow managed a win.

My first season against Cnic. He ripped me a new one and completely shut me down.

I would really like to win the Big 12 title this year, but the road runs through Texas Tech later. I also would like to see Chaz Benjamin play out his career. He was my first big recruitment and is no a RS FR that is 90 OVR.

Im looking forward to playing a full year. I got a late start this year and have played 3 seasons. Im excited to play 10 or so full seasons in 2011.

Its hard to say. I have never played either of the two opponents in the ACC and I am not real familiar with FSU. I would be happy with a bowl game as I learn a new team and game.

I want to run a spread offense with the Seminoles. As for D I am undecided. Leaning towards a concervative defense that plays a bend but dont break style.

Just follow through with everything that is planned. It appears as if we have big plans for the new game. Everyone has commited to some sort of content. It is a big commitment and will be an amazing experience if everything holds together. It would also be nice if we could keep the turnover very low.