Questions for Tradition 1...please answer

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Feb 18, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Questions for Tradition 1...please answer

This idea is stolen from "The Deuce"

In an effort to drum up some activity I will shoot these questions to my 11 brothers of Tradition 1!

1. If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1?

2. What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

3. Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why.

4. With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?

5. Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons?

6. What is your biggest strength as a player?

7. What is your most glaring weakness as a player?

8. Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?

9. Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

10. Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011

11. Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

1. If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1? Well as much as I hate to say Bruce80 is taking the crown as he has continued to beat up most of the Tradition 1. The chips are falling his way and he knows how to get great pressure and mix up his play calling. Damn those 3 ints!!!

2. What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? Mogriffjr had beat me 5 times in a row until the past 2 seasons. He is a stick jockey and great player to boot. Untill recently i have been able to win 2 games but before that I was pulling my hair out!

3. Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why. Miami and coach Juggs! We always have battles then usually end in misery for poor Mike. There is just always something that happens crazy when we play. Great games always!

4. With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far? God Damn interceptions!!!!! Also the fact that it has taken me 5 seasons to figure how to properly play defense and offense.

5. Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons? Pretty Simple....Logan "The Wolverine" Thomas. The funny thing is I never came really that close to winning anything with him as my TE. Now without him I have won the ACC and have been the NC Game.....hmm.

6. What is your biggest strength as a player? Game planning....when I really want to win a game and I go into strategy mode I can draw up a winning gameplan

7. What is your most glaring weakness as a player? Throwing ill timed interceptions to just ruin games. Basically execution when the play was called correctly. Very frustrating!

8. Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? Better coverage of the slants. HBs dont fall forward 80% of the time for an extra 3-5 yards. Less accurate QBs. Less guys that are over 6'5. More recruiting options. Better O-Line blocking. Keep the user control of the players there! Take away the defensive keys. Improved visuals. Less balls going throw players hands and better collision detection.

9. Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? FS Dwayne Phillips UNC.....I really should have went after this guy much harder....he is a stud.

10. Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011. God I hope!

11. Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons. I really hope he will.....he just always loses that 1 game at the wrong time.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

1. If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1?
      Kinger
      Hellisan
      FSU, because I've never lost to them. :eek:
    4. With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?
      I blame it on the alcohol.
      Kyle Parker, he was almost solely responsible for our only conference title.
      I'm really good at kicking field goals, and punting.
      I dont know how to block users in the run or pass game.
      Number one would have to be improved blocking logic. I get tired of watching my quarterback get insta sacked because my tackle turns his back to the end for no reason. Also dont like how my blockers try to cut back inside on toss plays when I just need them to go up field.
    9. Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?
      Tahj Boyd transfered to Navy after year one. We still had a lot of talent after Parker left but our quarterback situation wouldnt allow us to compete.
      Yes
    11. Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons
      [​IMG]

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Nevermind, not the 1st anymore lol

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1?

I would have to say Hellisan, even without a title he still plays me the toughest every single game.

What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? This is a toss up between Jfosh and Helli. Both guys have won games vs Tennesee.

Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why. My OOC games, no matter who it is you never really know what to expect.

With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far? It hasnt. ;)

Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons? Man this is a tough one. I would say Bryce Brown but he missed a season with injury and I didnt recruit him. So I will say Leon Mr. Jenkins. All time leader in NCAA sacks and three time BCS champion.

What is your biggest strength as a player? Game plan and scheme, I can change what I am doing better on D then O against the team I am playing.

What is your most glaring weakness as a player? Passing the ball is a place I could get better at. I have survived on great WRs and them getting open.

Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? More in depth recruiting. Would like to see the CPU compete better both on the field and off a few years in.

What I think would be really cool is to have T1 and T2 then have a combined league with all of us in one that moves at a slower pace...now thats competition..So being able to have a 24 member online dynasty.

Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? Adam Francis and several other blue chip QBs but losing him still hurts.

Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011? Yes, without a doubt.

Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons? I dont know...he has to beat Auburn and LSU and then has to beaat Georgia, Florida or Tennesee to get there... That is no easy task. I will say yes because he has been close a couple times and his team is very talented.

6. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

1. If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1? Bruce/Helli

2. What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? see #1

3. Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why. Tennessee, cause I have yet to beat them. Also Georgia but I have beatin Helli once in the side league with a far superior team,lol. Also Ryno, we have always had good games.

4. With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far? my gameplan which I never really have one, and my overall patience while playing.

5. Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons? Derek Massey, he broke the single season rushing yard record and TD record that was previously held by Demps.

6. What is your biggest strength as a player? Running game.

7. What is your most glaring weakness as a player? Defense and offensive game plan

8. Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? same graphics with the euphoria engine

9. Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? That Sisk CB that Blaza took from me :)

10. Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011? Yes

11. Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons? Not on my watch,lol. Great game last night Fosh, it was interesting til that fumble, ugh!!

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

1. If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1? Gonna have to agree with Mike and say Bruce and Mo. Bruce and I always have extremely close games and he can recruit with the best of them to aid in his already very good playing ability. Mo (thank god) isn't the world's best recruiter but has the abilities on the sticks to make up for it (to a certain point). With Mo I either get blown out or barely win...

2. What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? Gonna have to say JFosh for this one as he's handed me my most painful losses. Rusty's the toughest for me to play but FITS? Alabama. He shortens the game to the extent that I start to panic

3. Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why. Tennessee because it always seems to be my first user game. So you're looking at the season practically being over if you lose that game, etc.

4. With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far? I'm just not good enough at the game, to be frank.

5. Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons? Free Safety Wesley Bryant. Awesome player, clutch player.

6. What is your biggest strength as a player? God I wish I had something for ya. I don't know.

7. What is your most glaring weakness as a player? Getting angry and impatient. I also go into a blind rage where 8 min. quarters seems WAY too short, it's like i black out and wake up and I've lost the game.

8. Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011? I could talk all day...

Make the routes and the coverage of those routes work in a more realistic manner. From our perch 35 feet above the playing field you can't make it REALISTIC because then it would be way too easy to disect the defense but fuck at least let crossing routes and curl routes work sometimes against man defense.

Let us have the ability to direct our defense to play inside or outside technique in addition to the basic setup for the corners.

Recruiting: Don't give us the player ratings, make us scout the players. Give us approximate 40 times, benches, GPA's. In the preseason let us have 10 hours of recruiting time and 100 hours of scouting "time" to assign to various players on our board so we get a better idea of how good they are. But just showing us the ratings (practically) doesn't make it hard to find diamonds in the rough.

9. Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better? DT Blanco, North Carolina.

10. Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011. Sure why not

11. Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons. If there were a way for him to play every game as well as (I perceive) he plays me... Yeah. He just doens't come out focused for every game.

8. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Tradition 1?

• I've only played a handful of the guys so far, but at this point I would have to give it (overall) to Helli. He played a murderers row of 7 user games last season. To go 6-1...that was pretty damn good.
    What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

• UNC handled me pretty well last season, IIRC. I'm 1-1 against Juggs and VaSteelah. I lost on a FG as time expired against Coleman last season. So it has to be between the Yellow Jackets and the Tarheels...will probably know more after this season.
    Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why.

• Any late CPU home game. Gotta bring home the recruiting bacon :D
    With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?

• There's a slew of reasons as to why I haven't gotten to the promised land. For one, I've only played one full season...and also that I have been pretty horrible in user games so far. If that changes, and I can catch a season's worth of luck, I definitely believe I can bring home a trophy to Tallahassee.
    Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons?

• Offensively, Dane Harrison. He was a 95 OVR guy who (IMO) would have won the Biletnikoff award had it not been for 3 games out due to injury. Then there was the ROBO OLB Lynn Hancock. He was 99 OVR, 6'5", 263 lbs, with something like 87 spd. I still regret not making him a LE and really getting to wreck havok with him before he graduated.
    What is your biggest strength as a player?

• Seeing the field and making adjustments. I do a pretty good job of seeing things and making adjustments to take them away. I give up points in the first half, but alot of times get into a rythym and play better come round 2.
    What is your most glaring weakness as a player?

• Glaringly obvious tendencies. I'm a pro style guy, and the playbook I was running with was very pro style. In the college game, I needed to spread my wings a bit. It really hurt me in user games last season, as my opposition seemed to know what was coming.
    Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?

• Formation subs
    • Defensive Matchups (DB vs WR)
    • Physics based engine
    • More in depth dynasty mode (Potential ratings, NCAA infractions, recruiting rankings that are fluid, etc etc.)
    Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

• That 2 star DE Helli beat me for :p
    Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011

• If you guys will have me:beernana:
    Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons

• Yes. Good player, who will finally win the Law of Averages in the next 3 seasons.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ---Well I'd say best coach is Helli. Thing about Helli is he generally seems to know what he wants to do and how to go about doing it. As far as I know, I've had the most trouble trying to take him out of his gameplan. Yeah I've had some good success against him but for the most part, it's mostly been because I tend to go for the kill early. Once that happens, for someone like helli, I feel like I can take him out early. Otherwise, he's given me fits, and that loss in the NC game still burns deep.

What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?
    ---Honestly it's between Juggs and Bruce. Bruce because his team is so godly, filled with speed and high caliber athletes that his gameplan can pretty much get him a win against anyone.

With Juggs, I feel because he gets such a pass rush, it takes a lot of what I like to do. I literally loathe going up against his defense.

Choose one game that you always circle on your schedule every year and why.
    ---Well Virginia Tech, even though I have played like crap the past few times. I enjoy playing VaTech and being on TV. Yeah I believe he's gotten over his hump against me so I know it's my turn to re-adjust. I really feel JMS has become more of a student of the game, therefore, his success has been much better lately, as opposed to the latter stages of NCAA 09 when he really struggled.

With your team on the brink of possible national title bid, Why do you think the BCS title has eluded you so far?
    ---I got two :) but lately it has been my aggressive nature. I love passing on offense and it's hurt because I still haven't learned to trust my running game. I'd rather drop back for passes instead of pounding the rock. That's not my nature but my biggest success was when I had Orwin Smith running down fools neck. My 1st championship, I had an option running attack, so I think it speaks volumes of why I'm just coming up short lately.

Who has been your single greatest player of the past 6 seasons?
    ---Tough to say. Statistically, Orwin Smith has been the best. But I'd say Jordan Luallen for me on offense. He had uncanny accuracy and his speed was very much an asset. Difference between the QB's I had back then like Luallen and who I have now in Andy Jones is that Luallen could beat you soundly with his arm and his legs. As of now, Jones is honestly just a ground threat. His arm leaves a lot to be desired. I remember Bruce said that Luallen was one of the better QB's he's seen out there on the field...and I agree.

On defense, it's a tie between Brannon Edwards and Cooper Taylor. Edwards speed off the edge was great but he was so good against the run. He was always in the backfield. Cooper Taylor to me was a god. Yeah Dunn currently holds the record for INT's but that's because he's a 4 year starter. Cooper Taylor was an athletic freak. 6'4" with 94-96 speed roaming the middle and having the speed to cover short and deep passes...ah damn :(.

What is your biggest strength as a player?
    ---I'd say that I'm good in the pocket. Lately not so much but when I'm on, I feel I can manipulate the pocket to my advantage. Plus I like passing into spaces where you don't think I can get into. I LOVE passing.

What is your most glaring weakness as a player?
    ---I'd say lack of diversity in my gameplanning. As evident with JMS, he literally saw I had a speedy QB, played contain and played man. It worked and I failed to make an adjustment. Right now, it seems I'm in a funk because usually I'm good to adjust. Also back to what I said, I'm STILL finding things out about this game that I shoulda BEEN knew about. Whether it's from recruiting to playing the game itself, I feel I'm almost aware just as much as Helli or JMS are per-se.

Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?
    ---
    1- the RB falling forward 2-3 yard animation. Please, it doesn't happen THAT much EA.
    2- Auto-slants...need to go. I bet if this is fixed, we could see many players become exposed on the gridiron. This goes hand in hand with CB coverage.
    3- Fix the aggressive D-Line. There's literally no risk involved in using it.

Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?
    ---I'm not sure TBH. I don't really try to go for guys that everyone goes for. There were a few players that I actually tried to go for that I didn't get but as of now, there haven't been too many of me cursing my recruiters for not doing their jobs correctly.

Are you planing on coming back for NCAA 2011
    ---Yep, barring any life changing opportunities!

Bonus Question: Will Alabama (jfosh) win a Title with the remaining 3-4 seasons
    ---I'm not sure. Fosh is a damn good player and he beat me in our only meeting. But right now in that SEC, it's either Georgia or Tennessee. Bama and Auburn are the next tier and in order for those two to get to the top, they have to improve in a specific area. In the case of Fosh, he needs to improve on playcalling and gameplanning. He definitely can recruit with the best of them but right now it's just a matter of not taking penalties, having a plan out there and going forth with execution.

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Bruce--nuff said

Mo--very resilient. Will give up points but you have to stop him which is very very hard. Best pocket presence I've seen thus far.

Cole/Clemson. Very tough on D and can move the ball.

JMS/VT. I'm 2-1 with a last second win, a blowout loss and a blowout win. Quickly becoming a rival.

Clemson because the winner usually represents the division in the ACC championship. Cole has had tough luck as of late but is a very good player. He'll be back.

Had a shot the past two years and lost in the ACC title game both times. No real excuse, just ran into some tough teams (GT/VT) and didn't get it done. Hoping 3 is the charm!

I'm gonna go with DT Anthony Williams. Had great ratings all around with above average speed and finese moves. Lived in opposing backfields and was part of a dual 99 OVR DT tandem that straightup wreaked havoc. I miss him already.

I can usually make a game against a superior rated team sloppy. I don't really blow users out but I rarely get blown out either. Almost all of my user games end up being 24-27 or something similar.

I need to improve at checking down in the passing game. I've thrown many many interceptions by letting the ball go too fast when I had time.

More options for coverage. Old school Madden had the option of putting one corner in bump and having another in zone, etc. I also love Helli's idea of shade inside/shade outside on the WR's. It should be risk reward though, like shading inside might take away the slant but make you susceptible to certain outside releasing routes.

Formation subs.

I actually love the fall forward animations. It seems like just yesterday in these games you ran into a guy and he fell flat like he was dead. I like that you aren't quite sure where the ball will land. With the current system, big backs are useful which is IMO is huge. I HATE speed being the end all be all. Also, it makes guys with high tackling ratings more useful, as they seem to stop carriers in their tracks more often. My Frosh FS has 89 tackle and rarely gets run over for extra yards.

2 years ago, Florida stole a nasty QB out of the state of North Carolina in week 1. He would definitely be my starter this year and probably last year. Don't even think he's gettin any burn for the Gators. :confused:

Yes

I play him late this season so I hope this year isn't the year it happens!

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Roll Tide!!