Questions from the front desk of the St. Louis Rams GM...

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Aug 30, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I'll be the first to admit that I have taken on the persona of this past Rams owner:

[​IMG]

My absence from the league is not for lack of interest, but more time as I have been slammed at work, and I haven't been able to dedicate enough time to my new madden league. Hopefully, that changes today. I have a few questions after going through the league rules, so here goes:

1) We are allowed one offseason trade and one in season trade. Does that mean we can propose trades now that will count for our 1 offseason trade for this upcoming season.

2) Draft day trades, how do they work from the standpoint of being approved? Do we the infamous trade value chart that we go by, that I would assume could be used.

3) What rosters are we going with. I think Madden is updating rosters daily. Vontae Davis is now a Colt, Jason Smith is now a Jet, how are we handling this? I would assume we would go with rosters as of the day we start the league, but I have no clue.

4) Start date? Do we have any thoughts? With Labor day coming up could be a good time/bad time to start a league.

5) Do seasons have preseaon games? If so, how are those going to be handled.

I played my first game with my Rams team late last night and by god they are terrible. When you start thinking to yourself, Danny Amendola is my best player, you know right then and there that there is a problem.

I want to participate in the pigskin pickem, the problem is that the next few days are rough for me with this labor day, and college football starting. Sorry I haven't been around more, but that should change in the next few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

all I can answer for sure is
    5. yes we will be playing preseason, it helps with the development of young players

also trade me Zuerlein and Janoris Jenkins!! if your interested come talk to me

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I like my PacMan 2.0. He and Finnegan should be pretty solid.

4. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

yeah he is great...was great in D2....what about zuerlein yes i would trade for a kicker lol we can add him in a package so its not a wasted trade if your interested in anyone on my team

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

My absence from the league is not for lack of interest, but more time as I have been slammed at work, and I haven't been able to dedicate enough time to my new madden league. Hopefully, that changes today. I have a few questions after going through the league rules, so here goes:

1) We are allowed one offseason trade and one in season trade. Does that mean we can propose trades now that will count for our 1 offseason trade for this upcoming season.

-This would be better handled by BobJr, but I believe this is a great question, given that we have the Preseason, which is borderline offseason.

2) Draft day trades, how do they work from the standpoint of being approved? Do we the infamous trade value chart that we go by, that I would assume could be used.

-In the past it was always something that was approved in the moment. With members of the TC being right on there it usually doesn't take long to develop. We time the picks, but if this situation comes up we'll give guys the benefit of the doubt and take the time to get it sorted out.

3) What rosters are we going with. I think Madden is updating rosters daily. Vontae Davis is now a Colt, Jason Smith is now a Jet, how are we handling this? I would assume we would go with rosters as of the day we start the league, but I have no clue.

-Right now it is whatever the most updated rosters are at the time of kickoff.

4) Start date? Do we have any thoughts? With Labor day coming up could be a good time/bad time to start a league.

-Looking at this weekend. With the start of CFB on Saturday, more than likely kickoff will be Sunday. Again, BobJr

5) Do seasons have preseaon games? If so, how are those going to be handled.

-As Bouncer said, yes. They will be handled just as regular season. The game automatically subs in the 2nd, 3rd, and other players for you throughout the game.

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

Just put me on retainer next time...

ok here we go..

1. It will count as an in season trade, but with the way preseason is and the testing that is being done we are contemplating allow a preseason trade too.
    2. The Draft day value chart will be in place, but you will still need to call the "commish" for approval. Draft pick for draft pick trades won't count against you.
    3. We are going with the rosters that will be present on Sunday Sept. 2nd
    4. SUNDAY! Day after college football.
    5. Yes we will have preseason games. It is going to be key to the development of players. Just make sure your depth chart is updated right and then your players will sub in/out every quarter automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I have found the chart to be quite a useful tool when the wheels of trade need greasing.

• Like Like x 1