Questions on using run commit in this league?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by stylez777, Oct 20, 2009.

1. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Questions on using run commit in this league?

Personally I have never used it because to me it's HUGE cheese to use it. It is by far super unrealistic. I have been in other OD that do not allow the use of this but I was unsure what the rules about it were here.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Not outlawed but frowned upon.

If someone used it on the goalline, I personally wouldn't have an issue. But if you are using it on third and long or to generate a pass rush, etc I would.

This is up to league debate. Lets vote.

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I say nay.

It's utter BS. There are ways to do it without making your players become superhuman in the process.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I say outlaw all defensive keys. use playcalling. with jump the snap and d-line shifts you can get similar results.

5. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

I say we outlaw it. It's easy enough to limit your opponents run game without it. With it it's just ridiculous to try and run the ball. You can't even PA pass if someone is run commiting cause your QB get's sacked the second they bust through the line. That's just my 2 cents.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

run commit is total cheese, I will never do it until my opponent uses it. If my opponent does use run commit, I use often because lets face it - run commit is over powered.

Did you know that if you run commit on a qb spy play the DE will intercept most passes to the flats. Run commits to the left or right will stop 90% of runs in both directions. The fleXbox One is worthless because you can run commit to the side the RB montions toward. PA does not work on run commits.

If I see run commits I will be throwing the ball 95% of the time. most of these passes will be lobs down the sidelines because that is about all you can do against a run commit. Anything to the flats or over the middle has a high risk of interception because you can not see who is in pass coverage and who is not (by the time you throw the zone players will start there zone and pick off anything over their heads), and you have to get rid of the ball quick because the blocking gets confused and will let DL go uncontested to the QB.

Running against someone who uses run commits is basically excepting a 5 yard loss. Only one thing I know of works against run commits so do not expect me to stop throwing deep against run commits without a 4 score lead.

In other words, I am extremely against run commits. (sorry for the rant, I just want more ppl to vote against it)

I did not see this rule in the league but I would also like it if moving a bunch of blitzers over the center to get the instant qb sack was also outlawed(I think this is called nano blitz). This is a tactic I will never use and prefer if it is never used against me.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1. We have a good setup around here. We tend to be heavy handed with people who break rules, so getting kicked out of TF is a good deterent against breaking established rules. So, if we decide no run commits, no one will use them.

2. One of the rules we do have is that you can only move one defender prior to the play starting. So, nano blitzing is illegal already. You can make adjustments with shifts, but you CANNOT move players manually before the ball is snapped. If you are the safety, come up, back off, split wide, whatever but don't move anyone else.

Understandable?

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

i say no commit

9. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

This. No defensive keys.

10. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

Very rarely do I ever use run commits and when I do it's on the goalline because that is the only way it can be used realistically. The only way I can see it being valid is if there is a play that your opponent uses on you that you can't stop regardless. For instance, in my game against Texas A&M, he used the fullback dive on 95% of the time 3rd and 1 (There were a lot of those lol) and I used damn near every blitz and shift in the book and I couldn't stop him. Granted I only used run commit on him one time on the goalline and I was still unsuccessful so... I personally think it should only be allowed near the goalline because anywhere else it is cheese.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Sounds like everyone is against it. I would like it if it was ban so I can feel comfortable knowing I can use the fleXbox One.

I find engage 8 and line audibles work for goal line but if ppl want we could just say run commit is ok for 3rd or 4th and 1 or goal line (within 5 yards).

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I say outlaw it. That and I hate when people lay in Quarters defense all game. You can run on it but its hard to pass.