Questions.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jan 11, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

My content has been lacking lately.... work is kicking my ass.... but i am back at least for a while.... so without further ado....

What are your hopes for the rest of this season?

Who do you think will play in the national title game this year?
    How is recruiting going for you this season?

How are your freshman working out for you this season?

Who is the recruit/redshirt player you already have committed that you are anxious to see
    on the field next season?

What is that position you know is really gonna be a problem if you dont fill it?

@GoGators
    @Drifterbub
    @ShaunMason
    @OMlawdog
    @Jkhaalis
    @theSANDMAN215
    @bringbackjimmy
    @Emmdotfrisk
    @Bondzai007
    @jmustang1968

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Well my hopes are always to win the SEC, but I have some major obvious hurdles to get there. My last 2 regular season games are SC and Miss. I would love to atleast split that with the win preferably over Miss to get a crack at the SEC, though I realize the task before me. A revenge win over SC would be sweet after the stomping they gave me last year after my super interception day. Worst case I hope for: I lose both user games, win my bowl and retain my :5stars: prestige to keep building my roster.

If I was betting, Ole Miss vs USC. Obviously that is counter intuitive to my goals at SEC, but he has the inside track. I think Mizzou needs a good amount of help to get there after his unexplainable slipping in the polls. Wake Forest has a strong chance, but has a tougher schedule than USC, and he they have to get through ACC championship game.

Recruiting is going great so far. I have signed my top 3 targets, another 4* quality CB/Ath and have soft commits on my 4-6 targets. A lot of skill position players and 6 ESPN 150 guys. My only regret is only having 11 scholarships to hand out.

Interestingly enough, I only have a few freshman starting on my young team. Most of my starters are soph and Jrs. I have Fr Rs OLB C. Brown starting at weakside, but he doesnt see the field as much when I often am in a Nickel package. He does have a respectable 27 tck, 3 sacks, and 1 FF thus far. My only other starter is Fr Rs C K. Hansen. I have a very young OL core, and they have allowed a lot of sacks this year, and caused errant throws under pressure. But he is 75 ovr and has a lot of growing up to do.

Who is the recruit/redshirt player you already have committed that you are anxious to see

Again, not a lot of prospects here as most of my starters are underclassmen and look to retain their positions. I do have a promising LT Carlson who is redshirting at 74 ovr and may take a spot from one of the other guys next season. I also have FR MLB Causey who will be competing for potentially 2 of 3 MLB spots if we convert to 3-4 between Fr Rs Walton and incoming Fr Morris.

What is that position you know is really gonna be a problem if you dont fill it?

None thankfully. I am losing 2 offensive players - starting FB and backup HB. I am losing 5 defensive starters - both DTs, DE, MLB, and CB. I have guys ready to step up at all the positions. The DT loss will be felt the hardest, and thus my leaning to 3-4. I need a backup FB, if I dont sign the 1* I am after, I will get a walk on...

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Realistically, 2 wins out of our last 4 would be huge, it would make us bowl eligible for the first time.... Its seems within reason considering we only have one ranked team left, my former stomping grounds Kansas State. But considering our up and down play, we cant take anything for granted.

My guess is Ole Miss and Missouri... i dont think anyone can beat either of them right now... but Missouri might end up 3rd because of their conference dragging them down a bit... I would personally love to see Wake get in there and cause some damage... but i think Ole Miss gets their 3rd title.....

Pretty well considering our one star status.... battling for some 3 star recruit, grabbed a couple already and got some others pretty much locked up...we have around 16 scholarships, so we are being somewhat picky but still tryin to pull in some starter-quality talent at important positions....

Surprisingly most of my rosters is upperclassmen with a few freshman sprinkled in here and there...but they are a few who are standing out, like my Free safety Curtis James... he seems to always be in position and is making plays all over the field... My freshman linebackers Joe Webb and George Humphrey have played waay above expectation... they are definitely growing into their roles as freshman and we will be leaning on them as we move forward...Lastly, my backup TE Tyson "Griff" Griffin.. is a huge redzone target at 6'8 247 lbs... he could really develop into a problem for defenses if he continues to play at the level he is playing right now... he only has 6 catches but he has really picked things up the last couple of weeks...
    The 3 star athlete David Dickens immediately jumps to my mind here... with his size and speed, he has the ability to make our offense that much tougher for defeses to contain, we arent quite certain where he will line up yet (HB or WR) but either way he should have a definite impact.
    The offensive line is a problem now, and will continue to be a problem until we fill it... also add HB to that problem we were essentially one deep at tailback this year, and Hubbard couldnt carry the load.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I'm trying to sneak in and win the ACC...things work out if I manage that.

OM is looking strong again, if Drifter win's out I think he will end up #2.

Crappy as usual.:) I had high hopes, but I have too many spots to fill and spread myself to think.

I have two freshman starting on defense and both have been solid, though my freshman corner has given up a couple long passes trying to be a playmaker.

Who is the recruit/redshirt player you already have committed that you are anxious to see on the field next season?

I thought Cornelious Blout would sit another year, but Alan Williams is having trouble throwing the ball where I want so he may see time this season.

Running back. All of my backs graduate at once, so I need to pull in at least 3. I've signed one so far, but there will be a big drop off...you may see a return of the FSU spread attack next season.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

What are your hopes for the rest of this season?:
    With Harris Out and having to pray wake loses 2 games it looks like the the best i can hope for is a 11-2 record and a top 10 finish to retain the 6 Star prestige(not that it has done me any favors as OM either grabs the players for himself or helps the cpu)

It will be another OM vs USC game unfortunately as mizz is falling faster than Vanilla Ice's Career. Wake could get in, but by beating Duke now will hurt them when they play them again in the ACC game.

I would have liked to grab one of the 4 5* i was going after, but OM doesn't like to share. Grabbed a Nice looking QB and some defensive players..

My 5* HB has under 2.0 avg, but has 10 TDs and Rucker is leading my Team in Recieving yards. Sean Jones came in the 2nd Half of The VT game and looked Awesome, but with Fuller, Harris, and the incoming Freshman he is probably the odd man out...

The FS i signed looks to be a Beast and can't wait to see if he comes close to Marks. It's to bad he isn't 6'5" though..

K. Special teams is huge for me the last 2-3 yrs. Williams is by far the Best K i have ever had in any of the 3 dynasties. To know all you have to do is get to around the opponents 45 yrd line and your walking away with points gives is a awesome feeling...His only miss this yr is a 62 yarder that i hit wide right... Add to that the 40+ TB that hes going to have by seasons end is remarkable.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

My Hopes for the rest of the season is to finish on a strong note. I don't have anymore user games, so winning out is a very reasonable expectation. I certainly could lose though. After getting dominated by Miami, the poor play by my offense could certainly lose me more games.

Well it seems that OM is pretty unbeatable. It will go down to the winner of the Big 12 or ACC. If Drifter pulls out the win I expect him to make it to the Natty. If not then most likely GoGators.

Recruiting went great for me. I was able to sign 8 players in the ESPN150. Let's see if they translate to success on the field next year.

The only freshmen who is getting anytime is QB Zac Evans. He is doing fairly well but is having some difficulties because my WR core is so poor. Last game against Miami they had a combined 13 drops!

I made a conscious effort to load up on defense this year. I pulled in 3 DT's, 2 DE's, 3 LB's, and 1 FS. I am most anxious to see the MLB Jerrell Jones. He has some great ratings.

The biggest problem positions for me right now are QB, WR, and CB. These positions are filled with young players, so in time they will develop.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya the drops thing is weird for me. With my superstar receivers, I had tons of drops. They each had 99 catching, and averaged 7-10 drops each every year. This year I have 4 drops total. All by Cam Martin, but he had 73 and now 76 catching and has pulled in 60+ catches so far. That doesnt make sense to me.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What were your corresponding QB accuracies?

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Realistic or not, I have a chance to play for national title if I can win out. Easier said than done. Last time we were in this position I had my teeth kicked in by Shaun, twice. We also have to travel to #13 Iowa to end our regular season and that is never an easy game.

Ole Miss is the most obvious choice and everyone's favorite to win it all. Missouri has the best chance of beating them, but will likely need help to get into the game due to schedule strength.

Super shitty for lack of a better word. I've gotten screwed out of three soft commits already simply due to pitch strength. I screwed up in the offseason and lost SC as a pipeline, which negated a clear shot I had at a OLB that was a top priority. I have managed to sign 3 :4stars: in a FS and two DEs. The FS will likely move to SS and compete for the starting job. The two DEs will likely redshirt, but could be at least three year starters.

FS Kevin Coleman is holding his freaking own this year. He's made some great plays for us and I'm really excited about having him around for the next few years. QB Everett Hughes is getting some mop-up duty and has done well. CB Vincent West has made some brilliant plays for us in passing situations. He's a hell blitzer off the corner and can hang with any WR out there. MLB Terrance Perry is a FR(RS) but is playing like a three time All American in the middle. WR Martin Bryant is our 4th WR but has made the most out of his limited role. He has #1 WR ability.

WR Martin Brunner is going to be a load. We were able to let him sit a year to learn the system and should be ready to hit the ground running. Transfer TE Nick Lowe is going to be the best TE we have had at Wake. Really excited to be able to use another TE in the passing game again.

My defensive back 7 could be really spotty. I could have solved all of those problems this year but it seems like a series of unfortunate recruiting events has prevented this.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

This year is def my highest acc, I think it is 88 this year and Hodges had 83 or 84 last year.

And when I was using the other guy his accuracy was 78

11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

What are your hopes for the rest of this season? Have you seen my record???? I hope I can a least get 1 more win.

Who do you think will play in the national title game this year? I think OM will make it in & I hope Drifter gets in & wins.

How is recruiting going for you this season? Not very good, but my recruiting has never been good so its not surprising.

How are your freshman working out for you this season? I have FR CB(can't remember his name)who seems to make good plays when he comes in on Nickel & Dime Packages.

on the field next season? Any :3stars:recruit that can come in & produce, because I have not had 1 since probably season 2.

What is that position you know is really gonna be a problem if you dont fill it? OLINE. I need @ least 2 studs on the OLINE or we will be in trouble

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Who the hell knows. The pollsters continue to bend us over the table. It looks like the best we can shoot for now is Big 12 Champs.

OM vs Wake. Drifter just got a big win against Duke so I think they got a straight shot into the BCS now granted they'll need USC to lose a regular season game for the first time in 2 seasons. Which considering the talent gap for this game OM likely grabs his 3rd BCS trophy.

Terrible. I think we have 8 of 24 scholarships filled right now. We have a bunch of guys on the verge of committing, but there isn't much else out there for us to go after. We'll need some help from the offseason recruits or we'll have a depleted roster next season.

Backup HB JR Hammond has looked pretty solid when he's gotten on the field. He's got some good speed and has brought a different element to our offense this year that SR HB Lumpkin doesn't provide.

Freshman LE Jason Heinz has tallied 5 sacks and 10 TFL on the season and he's been a solid anchor for the DL.

Freshman OLB Steve Smith has been huge on defense for us this season as he leads the team in tackles.

These two guys will be the leaders of our defense next season.

Current recruit Ath Nick Heffner. He's 6'1" 193 lbs and projects to be the best CB we've had since the original roster. He needs to become more agile but he has the best coverage skills of any freshman CB to set foot on our campus in my tenure.

Offensive line. We're losing all 5 guys as they are seniors and we don't have a ton of depth in there behind them. Things could be ugly up front next season.

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Win my third National Title and hopefully not play USC in the title game.

Potentially Drifter. We haven't played yet so far in this dynasty so that would be interesting.

Great. Have signed 4 OL which should wrap up OL recruiting for this year and next. Landed two really good DE prospects, along with 3 corners. All positions of need. I only have 15 scholarships open, and have around 10 players committed.

Most of my freshman are redshirting. Luke Swain a RS freshman is having a really good year at DE. He is starting to show signs that he will be really good.

TJ Ray. He is a FS that has elite speed and strong hitting power. Currently my starting FS is a Junior and my SS is a Senior, but I could see Ray playing either position.

I don't have one at this point. My recruiting has been balanced and I have depth at pretty much every position on the field.

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

What are your hopes for the rest of this season? SEC Championship.

Who do you think will play in the national title game this year? Lawdog and Drifter ... the two commissioners in the league .. hmmm....

How is recruiting going for you this season? Very well. No complaints. I only had 13 open spots, and they should all be filled.

How are your freshman working out for you this season? I don't play many freshmen. I really don't think a freshman is in a starting role for me this season.

on the field next season? A defensive back a stole from @Drifterbub . I suck on defense, and I'll take all the help I can get. Plus, a redshirted a middle linebacker who looks like he will be a stud for my defense.

What is that position you know is really gonna be a problem if you dont fill it? Well, I'm trying to sign a kicker with power because my current kicker, who I will cut in a second, can't kick a ball over 30 yards. It's sad.