Questions???

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Jul 28, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Any questions regarding the dynasty, rules, expectation, etc can be asked here. Fire away...

2. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Are we going to do any "preseason pressers" or something of the sort here on the boards?

3. onaradio34

If you want to set something up, I'll do one. We were kind of scrambling for members and teams so we didn't get to do the whole "ramp up for the season" thing. Definately next year.

4. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

onaradio34

I am interested in forming a game of the week discussion. what you guys think? I will try to keep it interesting!!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  5. onaradio34

Yeah man, that sounds like a great idea to get some more activity. Previews of big games are usually entertaining reads. Looking forward to what you come up with.

6. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Doooo eeet. And then set up something so we can vote on the Game Of The Week from last week and keep a record of it or something. I think that would be sweet.

7. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Hey guys... I may be losing it, but I can't find the swaying rules anywhere. I remember reading them some time ago, but can't seem to find them.

I appreciate any help!

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Are we going to talk about gameplay rules anytime soon. The first season I did not speak on it. But I think it needs to be addressed for Season 2.

Especially:

TSO General Rules

G.4.0 Mixing up the Playcalling: Varying your playcalling on both offense and defense is a requirement of sim play.

D.2.0 - Blitzing: While blitzing is certainly a part of the game, please be realistic when doing so, and do not use it excessively. Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (ie. spreading your defensive line then shifting your LB's to create AI holes). This also falls under the rules for mixing up playcalling

Run/Pass Commit: Run and pass commit are both banned. The only exeception is pass commit will be allowed during Hail Mary situations.

Im not gonna drop names here because other people can read these threads (I dont want to tarnish a persons image) but some of you guys need to understand this is a SIM League. You cant cheese when you are down then turn around and try to play SIM when you are up.....Depending upon the blitz as a defense is not an option...we have a switch it up rule on TSO...Blitzing 3 downs in a row is unrealistic....because it is too effective on this game. Blitzing is a not a defense

also.........u guys need to look at this:

• Like Like x 3
  9. onaradio34

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    • is > 95 OVR
    • is a JR that has won the Heisman
    • is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 85 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

10. onaradio34

The things I have seen/heard are the following:

1) Excessive use of slants. That's a crutch that is not hard to get away from with a little time on the practice field.

2) The mixing up of defensive playcalls is a hot topic lately. Remember the expectation to mix up defensive plays is on you. I don't want to hear "the offense is running the same plays" excuse. That's when you pause the game and remind your opponent that he's run the same offensive play numerous times. Don't resort to non-sim levels just because you feel the opponent is.

3) Bouncing runs to the outside may have been the only way to be successful in past NCAA's, but not for the last few releases. Stay in between the tackles on runs that are designed that way. That doesn't mean you can't hit a different gap if a defender fills it. Also, counters and power o's are not to be the staple of you running game. Like before, I think you are actually hurting yourself by doing this. Inside runs can be very effective, use them.

Keep in mind too, nobody comes to TSO as a finished product as far as gameplay. Hell, watching tubb's video showed me that I need to work on my kickoff coverage tactics. I look like a downhill skier weaving back in forth of lanes. Never occurred to me that someone could take offense.

Don't take it personal if someone has an issue with your gameplay. Learn and get better.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

If a guy transfers away from school, does this give us another scholarship to give out? I had a freshman free safety transfer to Toledo and I am curious whether I can use an extra schollie in addition to my allotted 24 to pick up another guy

12. onaradio34

Yes you will have another available spot.