Questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dub, Oct 30, 2009.

1. dub

dub Banned

Questions

Curious question. What are your thoughts on raising the recruiting limits some. From like 2 5 stars to 3 or 4.

I know the recruiting restrictions were done to avoid powerhouses, and the progression issues. However since one of the patches about a month ago, the progression has been improved.

Any thoughts on making an adjustment? Just asking a question.

2. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I am opening for discussion on this issue either way, so lets hear some thoughts?!?

Those are minimums and through the bonus system you can earn more than that...But like I said, I am open to all ideas...

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think 2 with a possible 3 is a fair amount for this league. Usually there are 42-48 5-star recruits in any given class. If we have 12 teams that means more than half the 5 star recruits will end up with user teams. Assuming 1/2 the teams gets a bonus recruit and land a 3rd recruit that means 30/48 5-star recruits signed with just 12 teams. That leaves the computer with 18 5-star recruits for 107 teams. Yes I know most of the small schools aren't fighting for the 5-star recruits but there are still plenty of big schools not being controlled by users.

Yeah that is way too much math. I need to turn my brain off for a bit, pretty fried from work as it stands.

4. dub

dub Banned

Totally understand, and I also think it's awesome that you're open minded to at least listen.

Your Honor and fellow jury,

Just want to say it's an honor to be in "The Rilvary", and to be standing in front of you today.

We're playing with power house teams, teams that would probably get more than 2 or 3 5 stars in real life. In Brown Vs Wade, the 2nd Amendment was mentioned out of context and used to show that everyone had the right to "be ready". Is that not what the 2nd amendment is about? The right to bear arms and be ready to protect yourself. Arms is a loose term and can mean any offensive weapon necessary. In this case, the right to bear arms means having the best talent possible to go to war on the football field. With that said,I do think that the recruiting restrictions should be looked at. I believe they where made to offset a system that no longer needs to be offsetted due to recent patch updates made to improve the games progression in the offseason. None of TF's 1-3 have recruiting restrictions, and they're "premier leagues", why not make this one in your own right?
    So I close by saying this, half the fun of this game is recruiting. Recruiting kids to play at our schools, and to watch them grow to studs on the football field as well as fine young men that go to parties and get groupie love. This is what separates this fine game from Madden. Only you have the right to increase our fun factor. Please, make it happen.

5. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I am a big fan of the recruiting rules used in the OFFL-Experience dynasty. You guys go click on that forum and take a read if interested. You are only allowed 1 five star but with the bonus system a few more are available but it is highly competitive to land those bonus recruits. I am going to end up with 4 five star recruits this year in that dynasty, but many seasons you might only get one. You just have to really earn those extra recruits.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

haha! are you sure it wasnt "bear arms"?
    [​IMG]

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL... "Bear arms how could that possibly be misconstrued"

And I agree with Wildcatter. I like the rules of OFFL. I am in one league like that and find the recruiting to be very competitive. My UNC doesn't look likely to grab a special 5 star player this year but I grabbed plenty of special 4 star recruits. Maybe next year I will get more recruits since my team will win BCS Championship (yeah I said it :)) and be a 6-star program.

(Wildcatter is a word??? I have spell check on my browser but don't see the little red line. Learned something new today, oh and sorry about getting off topic)

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm in favor of lifting the recruiting limits, only because then I don't have to keep track of how many scholarships I offer to 5 stars etc. I think having the 70 hard cap is good, and we should definetly keep that.

Oh....and we'll see who wins tomorrow in the OFFL-East before you start talking national title buddy.....

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Somehow I knew you would catch that :)

10. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yeah, wildcatter is one word. It is a term used in the oil industry.

11. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I think we should probably wait til the end of season 3 before even attempting to alter the recruiting rules/limits...I want to make sure the guys we have are gonna stay around before we go and change the path of the dynasty...Now once we complete Season 3 with little or no owner turnover, I will consider making some changes...

12. dub

dub Banned

ok, cool..