Quick get to know you (and your schedule)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Aug 14, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Quick get to know you (and your schedule)

Name:
    Availability:

1. How many other TF leagues are you in, and how many total?

2. What is your favorite college football team?

3. Tell us a little about yourself in less than a paragraph, and feel free to post a picture or two as well.

Please use this format since it makes for easy reading

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Name: Mike or Michael (whichever is fine with me)
    State: WV
    Availability: Right now, I'm out of work so whenever. Once I find another job (shouldn't be too long) I'll post up my availability.

Currently I'm in TF: IV, TF: The Creation (going slow), and OFFL: Small School (also going slow)

West Virginia Mountaineers

3. Have you ever used justin.tv, or do you have the set up (webcam) to broadcast your user vs user games?
    I would love to, but my internet is total shit when it comes to upload bandwidth so it's pretty much out of the question. Though as soon as I get another job, I'll be purchasing some way to record games so that I'll at least have that going.

4. Tell us a little about yourself in less than a paragraph, and feel free to post a picture or two as well.
    I'm a 25 year old college drop out that decided that going to college in WV sucks monkey ass and I don't have the money to go anywhere else. I'm a mildly aspiring chef that's looking to go back to school to learn how to be one (if and when everything works itself out right). I currently work as Tech Support for a local dialup ISP in WV (cushy job that usually doesn't require much thought). I'm a child of the 80s and 90s cartoons: Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dragonball Z, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life; you know, the GOOD cartoons. Been playing video games since I was 12 when I got my NES though I played quite a bit of the old arcade games back in the day as well as the Atari 2600 (always been a generation behind video game wise cause my parents could never afford it).

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Name:Max
    State:Texas
    Availability: pretty much all-day(i schedule a game for anytime)

I am in TF: IV and RynoAid's teambuilder side league. I am also in a dyn with a buddy from 2009(not really a big deal)

Texas Longhorns

3. Have you ever used justin.tv, or do you have the set up (webcam) to broadcast your user vs user games?
    no but im really trying to get set-up for this.

4. Tell us a little about yourself in less than a paragraph, and feel free to post a picture or two as well.

I already put up a couple of pics in the 4th horseman forum.

I am a full-time student at Texas State University in San Marcos. I either want to teach and coach at a high school (soccer and football), or become a Professor at a college/university. I love sports. Basketball, football, and soccer are my big 3 and I have been playing them since I can remember. I play on a flag football team, where I operate out of the slot on offense(WR) and on defense play CB/pass rusher. Our season starts pretty soon so hopefully I will have some highlights to post!

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Name: John Bond
    State: FL
    Availability: Right now I'm not working so my availability is wide open.

TF: The Deuce, TF: The Creation, Tradition Madden Franchise

Michigan and UCF

No I have not, nor do I have a webcam. I actually just figured out how to post videos after a year and a half. :)

I'm 32, divorced, and have a 4 year old son. I recently got laid off from my job so I've had a ton of time to play these games. Hopefully that won't last too long. I pretty much just play the games that are on this site. I was in The Deuce for NCAA 09 and now 10. I'll be in the Madden 10 league and I was also in the Tradition Fight Club for the UFC game.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Name: Perry
    State: Alabama
    Availability: Monday-Friday anytime after 5pm cst. Saturday-Sunday pretty much anytime

OFFL East, The New Madden Xbox League (whenever it starts)

Alabama

No and no. Could i get an explanation of the process?

Well I started a full-time job right out of high school so I haven't went to college but I intend to next year(car will be payed off and i will no longer be in debt). I love football no matter if its high-school, college, pro, or semi-pro. I just got into online play a few months ago but I've always played a sim style. Slider adjustments was something I had never thought of but I like them now that I've played in a few leagues that use them.

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

OFFL "E" League, OFFL West, OFFL Mid-major, and here

Penn St followed by Texas Longhorns

3. Have you ever used justin.tv, or do you have the set up (webcam) to broadcast your user vs user games? no. I use You Tube and get highlights only

Im a 31 year old living outside Houston tx. Im a product of Pennsylvainia who moved to Texas at the age of 16. I have an Associates in Business which is not much. I work in the Valve industry as a buyer. Lots of layoffs now so Im holding my fingers crossed. I am married with a beautiful 15 month old daughter. One day, I hope to live in a city where it snows in the winter instead of having temps in the 80's. I live for football. I follow highschool, College, and pro. The other seasons suck ass.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I will get to this a lil later, just got home from moving things to my apartment on campus and goin out

8. destroy777

destroy777 Guest

Name: Troy (destroy)
    State:ca
    Availability: evenings after 9 or 10 pacific.

1. How many other TF leagues are you in, and how many total?0

2. What is your favorite college football team? notre dame. I would usually like local teams but i grew up watching them and have suffered through many a bad season so I am not bandwagon like a yankee fan or anything.

3. Have you ever used justin.tv, or do you have the set up (webcam) to broadcast your user vs user games? no idea waht that is and probably cant use it because my computer is in another room.

4. Tell us a little about yourself in less than a paragraph
    I like video games and sports and by balls are abnormally large in comparison to my below-average dangling pain. FYI if and when this new KOTOR game comes out It will consume my life for 6 weeks so I may not be on here during that period. It wont come out till after january so I don't think it will be a prob.

9. KnightNoles

Name: Nick
    State: Kentucky
    Availability: Whenever Im not in class or at practice

0, been tryin to get into them a week before NCAA 10 dropped

Florida State
    Kentucky

I have read about it and I dont know if I want to go through with settin it up

Well Im a Junior at a D-2 school where I play baseball. I believe that I am on track to graduate a semester early or so. A criminal justice major thinkin Im headin towards Law School. College Football is my passion, I still may get into coaching.. Going back to availiabilty, Ill be on whenever I dont have class and after practice (starting sometime in Sept) were usually done by 7 or so central. whatever else I'll try to share

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Name: Leon
    State: MN
    Availability: Nights (after 7 cst until?) for the time being. Explanation below...

Im in 2 TF leagues (pigskin bullies and southern exposure) and one other - so 3 total.

The Minnesota Golden Gophers

No - but if everyone else does it, ill break down and pick up a webcam

I recently graduated law school but am having a hard time finding work as a lawyer. So right now I do odd jobs to put money in my pocket and keep the girlfriend happy. I may get a job I actually want soon so my hours of availability may switch. No worries though, Ill still be able to get my games in - just not as late. I love football. I played in college and coach 11 year olds right now. I love video games- I think I went batshit when my dad got me my nintendo bundle with Super Mario back in the day. So, you put the 2 together (video games and football) and Im in heaven. Luckily, I have an understanding girlfriend.

11. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Name: Conor
    State: OH
    Availability: Right now it is dependent on a hectice work schedule usually I work 4-1 or 5-2 PM EST so my availability is around those usually.

PigSkin Bullies and OFFL Small Schools(R.I.P.) I have one other random one that is me a good friend and my brother, goes extremely slow but we have fun.

THE Ohio State Buckeyes

Not a clue.

Going to Ohio State pursuing a degree in Actuarial sciences. Right now my dad got a promotion to a job in AZ, so I will be seeing my family like twice a year which is a big change for me. I will officially be moved to Columbus in like 3-4 weeks. I might post a vacation when I move down there might disappear for 3-4 days.

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Name: Brian
    State: FL
    Availability: Usually after 9pm on weedays and pretty flexible on weekends. Just ask. I'm around alot so I'm not hard to find. I am prone to leave town for an entire weekend from time to time but just holler at me and we can get it set up.

TF4 which is awesome, Southern Exposure which is coming around (there's been alot of turnover), and this one. I do another with my best friend in Ohio but that's just a side thing.

THE Ohio State Buckeyes

No, and no. My laptop got stolen in April (fuckers!) I haven't replaced it yet. I assume I pretty much need that to move forward.

I'm Brian... I manage a small construction supply business in Orlando. It's brutal right now...but it has been for a year plus. I enjoy playing video games obviously, my prized possesions are my xbox and my ipod. I wouldn't know what to do without either. I also grew up on Transformers, TMNT, GI Joe, etc. They don't make cool stuff like that anymore. I'm a pretty easy going dude, grew up in Columbus, love my Buckeyes, and love Florida weather. With the Big10 network now available here I'm in heaven!

Speaking of C-Bus sixthdis, what part of town are you moving too? I lived all over that city but mostly in the 161 & Cleveland Ave, Cleveland & 17th (ghetto as hell back in the day!) and Galloway/Georgesville area. I ran a DHL/Airborne Express route for a few years on campus actually. It was awesome. I miss it up there except the weather, I loved the city.

13. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

I am going to be living on High and Lane this year right next to the campus. City is awesome, I agree wholeheatedly on the weather though.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Name: Joseph Ferrone
    State: Ohio
    Availability: rotates because my work schedule is inconsistent but mostly I work from 3 PM to 11 PM EST. Occasionally a morning or afternoon shift slips in there.

I am in no 360 leagues on TF but I am in one on PS3. I am in two slow moving leagues with my friends who live around here on the 360 and two more leagues on PS3 through another message board.

Tie between Bowling Green State University (my Alma mater) and Ohio State

No

I graduated from Bowling Green State University in 2005 and since then have been working as a manager at a local hotel. Initially I went for a degree in sport management but due to GPA problems I was could not complete my major and was forced into a degree in Education. I also obtained a Master's Degree online at University of Phoenix and am searching for a position where I can apply my newly gained information. This may result in availability changes but I will let the league knows when that occurs.

Oh and for pics of me you can see my Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/bravejaf (note all pics taken in one crazy weekend and I was very drunk most of that time :)).

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Man that schedule might get hard to work around...

Especially for us guys that are going to have 9-5 shifts and need to be in bed by 10 or 11pm EST...

Other then that though, welcome to the league man!

Another Ohio guy and another MAC alum. You guys are like cockroaches.

16. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Shouldn't be too hard I am working a schedule similar to that.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It's kind of a pain in the ass sometimes for guys like me that make our bread from 8a - 5p or whatever...but it's doable, hasn't been a big deal for me.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Sorry about my schedule. I do make the schedule but unfortunately I have to work around all of my associates' schedules. Two can only work morning shifts so that means most mornings are covered. One other person prefers evenings so her and I usually split the evening shifts. I occasionally have to cover overnight shifts as well, with a week straight of overnight shifts coming just after the Ohio State/USC game (I know because I'm covering for an OSU grad who has tickets to the game). I wish I could say my schedule was consistent but it is completely chaotic. My days off are sporadic but usually fall during the middle of the week.

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's not a HUGE deal man. You seem really committed to getting shit done so I'm sure it'll all work out. One good thing is with only 3 user games a season, there shouldn't be TOO many snag ups with scheduling conflicts.

20. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Name: Drew
    State: NJ
    Availability: after 9pm EST most nights and periodically during the day on weekends. I have 2 young kids (boys both under age 2) so when they are up I am usually busy with them.

1. How many other TF leagues are you in, and how many total? I'm in 2 leagues here (this and OFFL-Mid Majors) and 2 others. All of them move pretty slow and NCAA is pretty much the only game I play anymore.

2. What is your favorite college football team? I like all the Pac 10 schools and also watch Big 10 quite a bit. Don't really have a favorite team per se, my school (UC Santa Barbara) didn't play football.

3. Have you ever used justin.tv, or do you have the set up (webcam) to broadcast your user vs user games? I don't know how to do either. If someone could explain the process I'm willing to try.

4. Tell us a little about yourself in less than a paragraph, and feel free to post a picture or two as well. - As I mentioned above, I have two little kids and recently changed jobs to get closer to home and have more time to spend with them. My life is pretty much working, hanging with the wife and kids and then playing football or watching football when everyone is asleep at the house.

21. dub

dub Banned

Name: Gary
    State: NC
    Availability: Weeknights from like 5-8, some weekends mid-day

1. How many other TF leagues are you in, and how many total? TF4, OFFL West, and this one. Total 4

2. What is your favorite college football team? Miami Hurricans

No

I'm an Electrical Engineer, been playing video games for over 20 years. Love all sports, College football being my favorite followed by MMA, NFL, and Basketball.

22. KnightNoles

Welcome aboard duba dub dub..

Get that Miami shit outta here though

23. dub

dub Banned

Thanks

I was born and raised in Miami, so it's more by default more than anything. I support all my home teams, even the Florida Panthers. To be honest, I use to go against the grain when I was smaller and rout for FSU when they played, just to go against the family. Yeah, I was young and dumb...

The Miami Hurricanes are my favorite team in the world, both collegiate and professional.

24. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Name:Steve
    State:IL
    Availability:Any

1. How many other TF leagues are you in, and how many total? Just 1 in TF, 1 in KFFL and 3 in EA.

2. What is your favorite college football team? Illinois (RIP Chief)

3. Have you ever used justin.tv, or do you have the set up (webcam) to broadcast your user vs user games? No

Been a gamer for 33 years when I got my first pong game. Then I moved to an Atari!! Been married for 15 years and have 2 wonderful boys 7 and 4 who love games as much as I. My 7 year old plays a wicked defense on NCAA 10. I worked retail 15 years before retiring to become a stay at home dad.

25. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Name - Doug
    Age - 35
    State - Indiana
    Availability - weekdays after 10 pm EST, early evening upon request, weekends anytime after noon

1. I am in TF:Coast 2 Coast, OFFL East, SMFL-Madden league

2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Please get a real college football coach!)

3. I have watched a couple games and events on Justin TV but wouldn't know the first thing about using it.

4. I am 35 years old, as mentioned above, have a wife and 2 kids, daughter age 7 and son age 5. Both great kids, great wife too, and my son is consumed with all things football which is really awesome. I own a mortgage company in Fort Wayne, IN, been playing games since original Nintendo days, used to be really good at NCAA and Madden but haven't had time to play much in past 5 years so not nearly as crisp as I once was.