Quick Hits Before We Start

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MartyWebb, Aug 13, 2012.

1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I've organized all of our Season 1 posts, just so you don't all lose those crucial posts. ;)

This season we're doing things a little different. There will be ONE thread for all of our Game Summaries, a new one opening every new season. These summaries are not optional, and additionally, don't have to be huge. It can be a simple 5 to 6 sentences if that's all you want to post. Pictures, Videos, while wanted, is not necessary. I have to step up in this as well, because I didn't do it last time around. I'll lead by example. I'll be tagging you guys every advance week in THIS thread, as kind of a 'benchmark' for every advanced week. I'll also continue to do Xbox Messages.

We will also be doing the recruiting boards as before, but instead, inline to a thread, as to not make it difficult on you guys. Those excel sheets, and going off-site to do them, are kind of a pain in the ass. That post will also be the Scholarships Declaration thread, so each owner's post should be something like this :

=======================
    UCLA - MartyWebb
    Offensive Playbook : USC | Defensive Base : 4-3
    Scholarships Available : 20

Recruiting Board :
    Name | _ Star | Height/Weight | Position/Pos Rank | Location
    1. Jordan Collier | 4 Star | 6'3"/204lbs | QB/#14 | San Marcos, CA

=======================
    If you'd like, you can also include OVR, but it's not necessary. Make it as legible as possible.

This same post will declare your Offensive Playbook, and Defensive Base, as shown above. Once everyone has posted, I'll lock the thread, so you can edit your post, but it won't be cluttered.

- As far as other content, I'm not going to force it. No one has to do a Heisman Watch post, or a browse around the country. I may or may not do some of it myself, but anything you'd like to add, feel free. Even a User Coaches' Poll, ranking the Human Teams in order from best to worst, in your opinion.

- User Reviews will still be mandated, and I'll post(likely in the Game Summaries Forum) that form, so you can copy and paste and message me after each user game has been played. I will not send out but one per user warning to turn them in. For every user review you DO NOT do, you will lose ONE Scholarship the year following.

Any questions, please let me know. If I add anything further to this post, I'll make sure to tag you guys.

wahoogamer
    CTgotDaGameLokD
    Kaizer2310
    Jolts57
    MS8403
    Fmode11
    TheGreatCV
    asurob
    GDip

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. asurob

asurob Walk On

If only I had more time...:0) I'd have a ball with posting tidbits.

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

MartyWebb - do you listen to C.R.E.A.M. as you write these brilliant posts? minus the cowgirl bullshit of course

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I do love that song, truly. Brilliant? How so?

5. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I actually liked the recruiting spreadsheets. If we ever get to multiple seasons, it's always fun to look back on those guys when they are Juniors and Seniors.

6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Recruiting sheet was the shyt, just wish everyone kept it updated.

7. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

MartyWebb

Marty, what are your thoughts on different roster files? I know they've been updating the OS Community Roster file pretty frequently.

8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'll likely go with an OS roster, the most up to date one, for sure.

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Alright guys, then I'll reconsider it. We'll have a definitive answer once we get going.

10. asurob

asurob Walk On

Dislike the spreadsheet. is there another way to keep after it..(I admit to being google doc retarded.)

On another note, I noticed the draft of teams thread is up and Im buried at 7. If I cant select tonite I will be out of town tomorrow until at least 7 (and out of range of any kind of internet) cover my local team for our website.

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Send me a list of 6 Teams Rob, via PM, one from each division, and in order of preference. (y)

12. asurob

asurob Walk On

I could send you a list of one team six times :p. Sadly I think they will be poached before I get there.

Ill watch the draft to nite and see how it goes...maybe those other six guys will jump on and choose.

13. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I THINK I have a pretty good idea. I'll just draft for you. The Arizona Wildcats. :eek:

14. asurob

asurob Walk On

HA! thought truth be known I'm more likely to buy their season tix before ASU's as long as you know who is in charge of the devils :p.

15. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I liked it too. People just need to update their teams. I liked being able to see what other recruits you guys were getting. I was actually in the hunt for a 77 OVR DE Gem (originally 70 before scouting) with FIU!!! I was excited, I found the guy in week 4 and noticed the big CPU teams were not actually recruiting him I ended up in the top 4 with not a whole lot separating. If I would have ended up with that guy I would have been smiling from ear to ear.

Did anyone else get close to signing a big time recruit before we pulled the plug?

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Shocker Stat from "1st and Ten" OD.... FIU made it to the GDMF Championship game by running the table. Fortunately they got throttled by Austin1990 and ironically, ASU.