Quick note regarding the trade committee

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Just wanted to address the league really quickly. First of all, I am NOT speaking on behalf of any other TC member. These views are mine and mine alone.

It's that time again, and trades are flooding in. I've noticed an unusual amount of complaints regarding the purpose and fairness of the TC. What you guys have to understand is that we are a necessary evil. I understand the logic of "two guys want to make a trade, whose to tell them no?," but you're missing the big picture. Allow me to paint it for you.

Shaun (I'm admittedly putting words in his mouth, so feel free to correct me if I'm off base) has repeatedly emphasized ending a seemingly pervasive "win at all cost" culture in this league. Along those lines, the TC has an obligation to ensure that all parties involved are fully aware of everything involving the players. Injury ratings, contract situations, etc. My own personal reason for this is two fold:

1) This is a "sim" league. Sim carries over to management of your team, not just your gameplay. In real life, players with injury question marks are put through physicals before trades are processed. They are also obviously well aware of contract situations.

2) Guys work. Madden isn't their job. Some guys, like JSimms for example, have brutal work schedules. They simply don't always have the time to look up an injury rating or a contract, or just flat out forget. While the capitalist in me says "exploit exploit exploit," that runs counter to the nature of this league.

Most recently I was criticized by a member for revealing the injury rating of a player in a trade PM. IMO, this is ridiculous and I simply won't tolerate it. If you want to make a deal, make a deal. I just want to ensure everyone is fully educated on the decision that are making, as people who work a lot, or are new members, are at an inherent disadvantage.

Moreover, we as TC members need to take into account the overall well being of teams. When I first joined TMFL as the Raiders, the Eagles member PMd me about Darren McFadden. He said he was a HUGE arkansas fan and would give me a 1st AND LeSean McCoy for him. Who was I to say no? The TC passed it at the time, under the thought process that two users should be able to make a trade if they really want to.

Well, he left. And he screwed his team, and consequently the next owner, over. DMac had a massive contract compared to McCoy, and the Eagles were in dire financial straights with no #1 draft pick. This is one of many examples as to why we do what we do.

So from now on, don't give us fucking attitude. I've been accused of being unfair, of vetoing trades in fear of a rival team getting too good, and generally have gotten a lot of flack. I'm tired of it. This isn't an envious or glamorous position.

If you have an issue with how we operate, please handle it in a mature and constructive manner. I really think all the guys are super fair. We all seemed to have differing opinions, but I welcome that.

Thanks,

Peench

Jasper Harrison
    LSUTRUTH
    GovernedSpy
    -Cougars-
    Pagamer07
    bawvu97
    Danthraxxx
    NDCOLTS1979
    AzureEffect
    JSimms
    Shaun Mason
    kdpnutter
    bjbdahitman
    NeuroticTruth
    aarondramp
    sawemoff
    SimFBallCritic
    Matrix Monkey
    Kidofcrash23
    Masler
    HovaTheGodMC
    TurboTrigga
    antcap24
    fuzzyl0gic
    capp34
    brizz98
    abolishthefed
    KillerNuts
    XLenceofXQtion
    Ghost

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Well Said

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Too many words

• Like Like x 1
  4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Your posts always entertain me!

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Thanks for your 0.02 Peench , thought maybe I was just old and grumpy when I found myself irritated by how some people have been so damn thirsty to get an unfair trade. This is a factor in why I have not been as active as some in trades, we don't get anything for winning so lets carry ourselves with some dignity around here guys c'mon.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Well said.

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Quit your whining :p

I Peench

No, I thoroughly agree, this time of the year is crazy for the TC and we are doing the best we can, if you do not agree with one of our opinions well there is 5 of us for a reason and we all add something different and we all have been chosen to do this for a reason. We have no biased and do not do anything except take each trade one by one.

8. I Peench

I think fast, I talk fast. Deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah nice one peench tbh natural was the only one dissing my trades lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

At least say it with funny picture or gif.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

That guy prolly doesnt know how to read LOL dancing like that

13. I Peench

Well, hope you're not trying to make any trades.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

LMAO haha

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

good work