Quick question concering my QB position

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I've noticed that every dynasty seems to address this situation differently, so I'll pose the question to you guys and get your opinion. My QB right now is Cody Green (SR) who is a 96 OVR with 93 THP and 91 THA. I also have Taylor Martinez (JR) who is a 90 OVR with 85 THP but 93 THA, and is also faster, quicker, more agile, etc. than Green. What is the procedure in this league for running a 2 QB system? I know it is hard for defenses to notice changes at QB mid game, so would I just have to have certain formations I use Martinez in, or give my opponent a heads up on the mic, or what? Knowing my luck one of them will get hurt like last year so I won't have to worry about it, but just curious as to everyone's opinion.

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Deaf - below is the paragraph regarding your question as stated in the Trifecta rules posted on the main page.

Two QB Offenses: If you have one passing QB and one running QB, you should limit the rotation of them. Yes, it has happened "some" in real life, but it doesn't translate well to the game. Mainly due to the fact that the defense can't see who is jogging in and out of the huddle. For this reason, QB rotation should only be used on a possession by possession basis. A Two QB System will only be allowed when a program is moving from one type of offense to another (meaning that the current starter is incapable of running certain portions of the playbook). This transition period can only exist for a maximum of one year.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

FYI - That description of the Two QB Offense was wrote up last year when you were not able to tell who comes out. I would suggest naming your 2 QBs and specifying which number they are so everyone will have a heads up. I ofcourse am not the commish so it's not my call but I myself do not have a problem with it.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My take: I don't have a problem with a 2 QB system as long as you do not switch back and forth every play. I have no problem with you running a couple plays with a backup every so often. Last season in C2C I had a freshman QB that I used in certain formations and never got any complaints from my opponents, including Perry.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Well I just played my Week 1 game against USM before I read any of this, and did kind of what Slick said. I used Green on the first 2 possessions, then Martinez, then Green again. I switched off possessions pretty much the whole game. My plan is to use Martinez (#3) in the ace formation (only one set) and Green (#17) in everything else when I'm not changing possessions.

And it's pretty easy to distinguish the two: one is black one is white lol