Quick State of the Union

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by EaglesIrish5, Aug 3, 2009.

1. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Quick State of the Union

Ok guys,

Thanks to Tex for getting this thing underway. For some reason I was not able to create the league. We will make the changes to the settings after week 1.(Quarter length and QB Quiz) As for the sliders, I really do not think any of the HUGE beatings that were handed out week 1 had anything to do with the sliders. Most of the teams that got hammered were over matched. We will reassess after week two and go from there. Remember guys this is a work in progress.

Great work on the game write ups. Lets post those in the "Game Summaries" thread from now on. One of the "Game Scheduling" threads is supposed to be "Game Summaires." Once we get that finished we will post our summaries in there.

We are waiting on Darlon and RighteousDr. Once we get these two in we will advance. If I do not here from them shortly we will march on without them.

Again guys remember the recruiting rules.

Recruiting: No over-signing. You may not go over 70 players at any time. Penalty is ten hours of recruiting time lost per player over. That's a whole week, guys, so pay attention.

Each year every team gets an allowance of:
    1 - 5 star player
    7 - 4 star players
    Any additional recruits must be three star or lower, unless:

Some recruits are open to all, and do not count against your limits. These recruits are:

*Numbers 1, 2, and 3 - "The Celebrity Recruits"
    *Five and four star recruits with rankings in the top 100 of 10, 20, 30, and so on. Basically, every tenth recruit of the five and four star caliber is fair game, but you'll have to compete for them.
    *Numbers will change when the off-season recruits are added. We will develop a set of rules to govern this, but none exist just yet.

If I have 15 seniors, and no one leaves early, I can recruit a total of fifteen guys. My potential class numbers look like this:

1 five, 7 fours, 7 three & below

Now, if I get the second ranked recruit (a bonus five star), and also the number 60 recruit (a bonus four star), my class can potentially be this:

2 fives, 8 fours, 5 three & below

Bonus recruits can not push you over 70 total players on your roster. You must remain under the cap at all times.

Good luck guys.