Quick thoughts on starting as a 5-6 star team...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My main reason for picking Penn State is because I am an alumni (which nowadays doesn't sound so nice) and not b/c they are beastly.

last season I was Wisconsin starting out as a 4 star and most of the league was 4 or 3 star. While it is kind of fun grabbing all Americans at every fucking position I think I enjoyed last season where signing 1-2 all stars a class was more the norm.

I really don't appreciate my kids that are AMAZING on my team b/c we are littered with them and slowly across the league a lot of the other teams are following suit.

After this experience I hope we go back to the 3-4 star teams as it seems more enjoyable when your finally grabbed that 1 5 star HB that could lead your team to a title and when he gets hurt your season may be over. I can lose 3 hbs and still be ok....lulz.

Now if I can only take all these studs and win every game......still not so easy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

A fucking Men

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Small note....I was more successful last year compared to this year.....hmmmm.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

U had that stupid HB lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I made it to the title game 3 years in a row without him. it was more about WR Lewis and my crazy QBS.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Even some 3 and 4star teams are sleeping giants that have ridiculous recruiting pitches and advantages over other 3/4 star programs that may only be set up for 1 year. I say WAC/Sun Belt next year.
    I call Texas State ;)

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

No.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Agreed that was UCLA last year....by year 6-7 that team was like penn state. Someone will have an advantage.....I don't think u can balance it out 100%.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think it could be done if everyone gets a powerhouse or everyone gets a horrible school. Might have to go past 2 or 3 conferences to make it happen.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

As long as you're doing the scheduling Max :)

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Save that for the premier league committee :cool:

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ha! Maybe then I wouldnt start each season with 2 BYE weeks! :p

No, I know scheduling is a pain in the ass. I wouldnt want to have too many conferences, I was just pointing out that it might be possible to have more even teams. We could always do custom conferences... They seem to be doing them IRL no problem.

13. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'm against anything that let's you be a Texas school.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

So is EA, apparently. Messing up my Texas pipelines with Utah.

15. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Best bit of programming ever

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Difference is UCLA wasn't nowhere near in terms of talent that Wisconsin was. They DID have the state of cali, in which was talent rich though. Let's not kid ourselves, Wisconsin was only 4-star on paper. They had 89-90 OFF/DEF and you was recruiting highly from the get-go. JMS NEVER EVVAAA had to build a program much, your like the Phil Jackson of collegiate programs, minus the hardware. ;)

We can start with 3-4 star teams...most of us have had to actually build up programs. I loved building up Rutgers to a formidable foe, though I never got the beastly recruits until real late in our NCAA 11 series.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You don't remember the last 2 years........UCLA's team was godly. Nobody said anything about rebuilding......I am just pointing out that signing 25 solid kids each year isn't as fun as signing 5-6 solid kids and the rest you hope they turn out to be players.

Honestly if the CPU would recruit better then this thread may not exist but there is one fact in EA sports and almost all sports video games.....the CPU will never outsmart us....only cheat.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    But I'm saying that UCLA's talent from the get-go wasn't as pronounced as Wisconsin. Yes when Bruce built them up, they pretty much were better than your current stable of PSU squads.

Usually when you build up a powerhouse, all you do is sign top notch talent...that's what happens when you get successful. It's like your the Miami of the 90's or USC of early 2000's...you get who u want to pretty much, without much of a fight.