QUICK UPDATE

Discussion in 'Football I.Q.' started by Snake Eyez, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

mmorgan184
    Mcwoods06
    Javier24
    oneshot24
    xSavedByGracex
    hugezombie
    GrimReeferXXIV
    D.Earl
    SPL22
    Kaizer2310
    LB Fitted

The word is that the OS Community Rosters will be released TONIGHT.... meaning that our dynasty will be set up tonight and I will be sending out invites to everyone to kick-off the preseason.

We will be starting AA -- Normal Speed -- 50 Thresh -- until I have an idea of how good our group is and how it translates for us all using a lot of inferior teams, for the first couple of weeks of the season at least so I have some stats to analyze before making any adjustments.

ANYONE who has concerns about not being able to keep up with our target advance schedule (48 hrs or so), or is stretched too thin between being in too many leagues... please speak up now so I can drop you. I have people who would like to get in here, and some of them unfortunately were dropped when they probably shouldn't have been.

Please remember this is a "sim" style league... and that I will be frowning heavily on anyone who's boosting statistics or abusing AI in any way. I will post more on rules and scheduling expectation later tonight, I just wanted to get this up for everyone while I had a chance here at work. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Looking forward to it

3. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

[​IMG]

FAU Owls are ready

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

You dont necessarily have to be in 3 dynasties boys quality over quantity. Lets stay active and make this dynasty one to contend with. should be interesting to see where we all end up with the carousel format.
    :jimlad: Blue Raiders!!!

5. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Still waiting.... the set was not released as expected.

Sorry for the delay. Please try to keep in mind that the game has only been out for a week still. ;)

6. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

That is fine, this is a marathon not a sprint.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

No worries... Im excited to see if I have any notable tranfers or anything on this new roster. Starting to really like my new squad.

8. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

sounds good, cant wait

9. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I guess I was mis-informed because only the PS3 project has been completed so far.

So, I'm thinking that if nothing is ready for X360 by around midnight EST tonight, that I will go ahead and use one of the roster's that are available to us (likely the same set being used in Uunderclassmen) to go ahead and set-up and send out invites to everyone so we can get moving. I know that will probably mean that as soon as I send out invites, I'll see an update on OS the next day saying that the xb360 roster is complete.. lol :)

10. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

They said theyre not messing with player ratings this year except for transfers so the underclassmen's roster wouldnt be too much different would it?

11. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

mmorgan184
    Javier24
    oneshot24
    hugezombie
    GrimReeferXXIV
    D.Earl
    SPL22
    Kaizer2310
    LB Fitted
    Coachmedicis

OK, the drama surrounding the XBOX 360 roster project has left it in limbo right now... (some guy dropped out of the project due to illness, no communication, so whatever.)

So, the dynasty has been created and the first round of invites went out late last night, using the roster I did have.

However, Mcwoods06 you either are on the wrong system or aren't on XBL because I can't send you an invite or even a friend request... so I must drop you.

D.Earl you seemed confused by my friend request.... are you still with us?

12. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

13. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

9 people in so far, and you already have your preseason tasks done. That's great.

I have a couple replacements who are getting invites right now.

I have to do schedules still, but that will also be completed soon.

14. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

15. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

16. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

I'm on Xbox live. I'm in another lg with you. I will send you an invite.

17. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I got your request... you listed your GT wrong so I was trying that one.

Anyways, I will shoot you an OD invite shortly.

18. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

before EA had NCAA's approval for the use of the college teams, uniforms, etc. they had a NCAA football game and used the city of all the teams with something close to the team name. It was like The South Bend Irish and Tallahassee Indians etc.

19. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Reminds me of Bill Walsh Football back on Sega Genesis. :)

20. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Mcwoods06
    Javier24
    lere2001
    LB Fitted
    oneshot24
    hugezombie
    Kaizer2310
    SPL22
    Coachmedicis
    GrimReeferXXIV
    mmorgan184

Ok, gentlemen. We're just waiting for Mcwoods06 and lere2001 to join and complete their preseason task(s).

Mcwoods06 will join and do his stuff tomorrow a.m.

Week 1 will finally be up tomorrow evening, no later than 8:00pm EST.

Rules will be updated and posted under the Dynasty Overview thread along with our updated roster (either very late tonight or tomorrow prior to advancing to week 1). I will tag everyone and request a reply there to confirm everyone has read and agree to abide them.

Thank you again, everyone, for your patience during this process. I hope everyone has at least had an opportunity to get familiar with the game in the meant time. (y)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  21. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

That is the game, it was EA sports that put it out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  22. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

I think that not having authentic teams will kill the franchise, All Pro Football 2k8 couldn't survive against Madden 08 which was one of the worst Maddens ever.

23. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

There will be authentic teams

• Like Like x 2
  24. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Will we be doing team previews and write ups? If so, that is something we could be doing while waiting for Week 1

25. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

This would be cool.

I appreciate wanting to do this, but I know several of you are in multiple leagues like myself so you may be pressed for time.

Please feel free to start a thread for these if you would like to write one.

My activity level here will pick up a lot more after July 31st and I'll be far more constructive as far as trying to get some league content.