quick update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Danthraxxx, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok so I will advance as soon as sreese is done with his AP game , he is on late night so it is not done yet. After this advance we are going to try a 48 hour advance going forward.

Also, we are going to be a few players short for a little while. I am working on replacing the guys I have booted, as well as one who is likely to be booted. I also have some bad news as btbam91 will be leaving us. He has been a solid member and we will miss him, some of the others not so much.

With all of this being said , we are potentially going to have some balance issues if I do not get some solid new members before we go into next season. I am currently trying to get us some members, but with the game being released a month ago there is not the influx of members that there once was. I will do my best t get us a solid 12 ASAP.

However, I like to plan for worst case scenario. In the event that we cannot fill to 12 we have a few options.

Option A: I , or someone else can move to the big ten.

Option B: we keep an unbalanced conference lineup ( I dislike this greatly ) and deal with it until we get 12

Option C: we restart , and move to a 2 conf set up , as well as keep 48 hr pace going forward

I wish none of these options happen, but I think it is good to have a clear, and agreed upon backup plan.

I would like those who are staying in this OD to chime in here , and I expect all of you to give me some kind of answer on what you would like to do going forward, again assuming I cannot get us to 12 members.

hugezombie
    Ruckus Redbird19
    GDip
    sreese
    LB Fitted
    CTgotDaGameLokD
    tothevictors56
    hornfaninbama

• Like Like x 1
  2. GDip

GDip Walk On

I would vote for option A. I've already had one OD do a re-start and would like to see this one continue.

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

If we can't get back to 12 then I vote for option C. I would love to keep going with the setup we have, but if it isn't feasible I think it makes sense to scratch it and move in a different direction. Personally I would love to have the Big XII and the SEC. Just on a homer level I would like to have the Texas schools, and I graduated from Alabama so that's a no brainier. I know the Big XII only has 10 but we could add 2 of the schools who have been rumored as potential members to get to 12. It would give a good mix of teams in the upper echelon. And the recruiting wars would be very fun too.

Just for arguments sake lets say we moved FSU and Clemson to the Big XII. We could use an East/West setup

East
    West Va.
    FSU
    Clemson
    Iowa State
    Kansas
    Kansas State

West
    Texas
    OU
    OSU
    TCU
    Tech
    Baylor

With the SEC and this setup there would be 2 legit powers in each division, some half builders, and some full builders if that's the way someone wants to go. I think it would be cool to see the contrast in styles of football, offense vs defense, old school vs new. Plus with the recent movement of TAMU and Missouri and the announcement of the Champions bowl there's a tie with the 2 of them. And its different than most setups going right now. I haven't been through all of the dynasties but it seems most of them have some combination of the ACC, Big 10, SEC and PAC 12. If we are having trouble attracting new folks having a combination that is rare might help on that front.

4. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

I agree with Bama, if we have that much trouble keeping 12 than I'd love to see us move to the same conference. It would create really fun recruiting battles between the whole league. But I understand the frustration of restarting a league entirely, My madden franchise last year got restarted 3 times but sometimes its better than just coasting along with the current league.

5. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i would like to kind of stay where we are and keep filling spots as we go along... at the end of the day we dont play more than 4 user games...and missing 1-2 players doesnt change us being able to do so. we still can set it up the same... and as people come along we add them in and keep it going

6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I'm willing to move, and take one for the team :cool:

MD SUX! Sad but true.

7. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

I vote for option A, those of us that have been here from the beginning have put a lot of work into recruiting, posts, etc and I have no desire ti start over. I joined up specifically to be in the Big Ten and I think a few of us could have nice rivalries started already. I am only in one league and I vote strongly against a restart

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I am good with anything. It really makes no difference to me. I am proud of my recruiting class, and would love to take a shot with the guys I have coming in. If its a no restart that's great. If it is a restart that's great. If its moving to accommodate new members, that's great. I don't want to see this league go down the tubes any more than y'all do.

All that said. Rivalries and recruiting battles mean absolutely nothing without forum interaction. Going down the front page there are very few threads with more than 3 posts. Looking through some of the other dynasties it's the exact opposite. I don't want people to take this the wrong way, but outside of reading the game summaries this is the first time I have seen some of you post. Forum interaction is a must. If we don't have that there won't be anything tying the new members to be here nor will there be anything tying the current members here. I am enjoying this league and I would like to get to know yall a little better. That's when the rivalry games mean something. When someone has stolen a recruit, or rubbed your face in the last second win from last season it means more to get over that hump and get a win against them. If I posted as little in my other dynasty as we do in this one I wouldn't be in it long. I know we all have lives and other things going on. But checking the forums more often than every 72 hours is necessary.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place and if I am please let me know and delete the rant. And I know I haven't been here long but right now, to me anyway, this feels like a random dynasty I could join from browsing the dynasties on XBL.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Those of you who have not replied yet please do so by tonight so I can start working out the backup plan.

I am going to attempt to advance via the dynasty wire site soon

10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Option A is what I say(y)

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Thanks for the replies so far guys , sorry I have been MIA a bit last few days, new job & date night with the old lady tonight kinda kept me away.....

Couple things ..... if we say contract the Big East , then we have a problem .... as we , well I mean myself, decided we would be a 4Star under OD..... well ACC & BIG 10 only have so many of those, so if myself and Ruckus (who we need to hear from) decide to move then we have a balance issue. Also, another problem with that is I would need to say hand the file over to somebody, they invite me back and then go form there. Does not sound so hard, but my choice to leave coach contracts on kinda throw a monkey wrench into that.

Now that I have shared those two nuggets of bad info I have some good news ...... and it does not have shit to do with my car insurance :D

I have two new guys I should be adding very soon to replace btbam & Will Clinton , unless I get some really good reason why FCC has been so MIA he will likely be gone by the weekend, so we would be almost full.

I had to advance from my cell today on dynasty wire so I did not get to tag you guys ( it is beyond hard to type all the tags on my iPhone) so effective 48hr mark is Sunday 11pm EST. If we are done early we will advance. I will advise any new members to be done w/in 24 hrs or just expect to be skipped or added next week to avoid delay.

Let me know if these issues above change your opinions on what we should do. Also, I edited the original post. Also, I love your reply hornfaninbama , if we restart the file I will not restrict prestige level in teams, I also will not edit conferences at that time.

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Not to alarm anyone yet , but I have been having issues with our file freezing. I have done a few things to resolve it, hopefully they work. If not I will find out how we can work around it , I am talking to a few staff members on the site for ideas how to fix this.

Also, FCC has been removed, he is MIA and was on his last leg with me anyway. I have one guy ready to be added now, but I am trying to sort out the file issues first.

13. sreese

sreese Walk On

Dan sorry i totally missed this. Im totally fine with whatever is decided.