Quitting Games

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by IrishBearcat, Nov 1, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I know we joke around mostly, but I'm going to put my serious face on for a few seconds.

I've played Qwon 3 times this release, and am 2-1. He's quit a few of these games because he wasn't very happy, let's see if you can guess which ones:

Season Result Did Qwon Quit?
    1 Irish Win Yes
    2 Qwon Win No
    3 Irish Win Yes

I expressed my unhappiness with him during season one when he quit against me. I had a huge lead season one and it was only the second quarter. I figured when Qwon quit he may have just been having a bad day or something, shit this game ticks us all off to some extent every time we play win or lose.

Season two I finished out the entire game against Qwon. I made it look reasonably close, but it was pretty apparent I wasn't going to win but finished the game out. Those are site rules, and I think it's a real bitch move to quit against somebody. Finish what you start, and if you can't then don't play. It's pussy bullshit.

This game for season 3 took the cake. Was up 24-14 at halftime. We had a real defensive 2nd half with no points allowed in the third. Qwon finally got on the board with about 1:33 left and had three time outs. He forced a 3 and out and burned his timeouts to get the ball back with :58 seconds down three.

He's driving and gets into the red zone. It looked like he could very well win the game. He threw a ball up and I user picked it with the MLB he had been toasting the whole game. That 7th turnover sealed the game with :12 left.

Then he quit.

The game almost crapped out, and after it caught up to itself it said Georgetown magically had the football. I thought it glitched because he quit, and was about to rage. Luckily, I had the ball.

He didn't even mention quitting till I brought it up. When I addressed it he talked about "not having time." Bullshit, if that game was going to OT, 2OT, 10OT, he would've had plenty of time. Don't start a game you "don't have :12 of time" to finish.

I'm really fed up with his attitude. Qwon comes to these boards trying to act like this hilarious/funny internet tough guy, but once you get into a game with him he turns into a seeping vagina the moment he is losing.

I want something done about this. Whether it's autoing Qwon whenever I'm supposed to play Georgetown or making him agree on the boards like a child that he won't quit before we play it doesn't matter to me. He sucked the fun out of epic battle we had and a dramatic finish. If this shit is just going to fly then I may just drop this league. This certainly wasn't okay the one time I quit a game in this league, and I paid a pretty steep price.

DirtycashDylan

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

What 'steep price' did you pay? I don't even remember the incident.

Well, it definitely wouldn't be the first time you quit, lmao. Drop if you're going to drop but don't be a woman and try to use that as leverage.

It's dumb and childish for him to do this, but Qwon is dumb and childish. He is what he is.

Me: Qwon, promise me you will never do this again!
    Qwon: I promise

and then he does it again, so what's the point? I don't like people quitting with :15 to go either, but I don't get the OUTRAGE about it. Just roll your eyes and take the W.

3. DirtycashDylan

If it was a brand new guy, then that'd be something else entirely. It's a double standard, it is what it is.

4. IrishBearcat

Are we allowed to quit games now?

What is the penalty for quitting games?

5. IrishBearcat

Leverage?

I need "leverage" to make sure a TSO league enforces one of the most basic rules on the site: DO NOT QUIT THE GAME.

If this isn't against the rules, or it "is" but there is no consequence for doing this not once but multiple times then this isn't Qwon's fault; it would be yours.

6. DirtycashDylan

settle down, Mel, take your meds.

JQwon13 come tell Irish you're sorry

7. DirtycashDylan

Irish, next time you want to text me about this kind of shit, don't come at me like you're entitled. I very well could've used your idea about making him go on auto next year but you came at me all wrong. To say you need to work on your people skills would be like saying the Eastern Seaboard got a little bit of rain this week.

Your people skills are why you've always been in the doghouse on this site.

8. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Dylan, why did you have to pick such a close up of Te'O? It's just creepy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IrishBearcat

Bullshit, you texted me that was "too over the top and would NOT happen" so let's not pretend like that wasn't the case.

"F.3.A Absolutely under no circumstances are you to quit or otherwise purposefully disconnect from a User vs User game (League game, ranked game, tournament game, etc). This is the epitome of poor sportsmanship and is punishable by removing you from said league/tournament or from this site altogether. This is a serious offense and against this community's mature mentality towards online sim-style gaming"

10. DirtycashDylan

This is Qwon we're talking about.

Of course we're not allowed to quit games. If a newer member does it, they'll probably get booted.

11. IrishBearcat

Could you explain to me why a new member would probably get booted for doing it once, but the case is different for other members? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

12. Gyrene76

Are coming to beat down my lame Quakers?

13. Gyrene76

Lol, where is Mr. Qwon in all this?

14. DirtycashDylan

New members are on a probationary period until they either complete a season with us or until they start fitting in on a personality level. Qwon has been around forever so I'm not gonna boot him. Same with you, buddy.

15. Gyrene76

Qwon shouldn't quit Irish, but don't take it personally. Def dont want you leaving either.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

First of all...Let me make this clear... This will be my only and last response to Irish. I will not have any further discussion with him at all in the future.

In response to me quitting, yeah I was irritated. I was losing the turnover battle 5-0 and yet still had a good shot to win at the very end, but threw one last pick in the end zone when i should have played conservative as a FG would have forced overtime. During the game, I was getting changed from work to go to the game. After that final pick, I was obviously pissed and just didn't feel like playing out the final 12 seconds. So I just turned it off and hit the gym. Should I have quit? No. Is it a big deal? Good god no. If someone did it in a game, like has happened in the past, I would just kneel it out and take the win. I don't need them there for that. The outrage to having to kneel it out with me not there is absurd and pathetic. For this to have become such an issue for Irish is ridiculous. I then received multiple texts from Irish talking trash and name calling which has continued here.

Personally, I don't want Irish here. I'm not sure why he even is considering nobody likes him. I felt sorry for him at first because nobody liked him but now i understand why. We had issues with multiple people not even wanting to join this league because he was joining. I could bring them into this thread but there's no reason to have people just pile onto Irish. That's not the point here. But let's not act like this is the first time Irish has thrown a temper tantrum on the boards over something trivial. The guy clearly has some serious pyschological issues to blow up like this. He was also forced out of being commisioner of his own league on this site because he's such a douche. The guy is flat out a douche that nobody likes... and personally I don't like having to deal with him.

17. IrishBearcat

JQwon13
    DirtycashDylan

I went off the deep end tonight, and I owe both of you a big apology. As you guys stated above, Qwon may have been in the wrong but I ultimately beat him out 100-fold by the way I reacted. This is typical of me on this site, which has me the most disappointed.

DCD: Really sorry for coming at you like a spoiled fucking brat wanting something down RIGHT NOW to avenge :12 of a game I won. This isn't the first time I've made your job as commish harder and not so fun.

Qwon: I acted like a baby back bitch and definitely crossed the line by a mile. I am truly sorry, and completely understand and agree with everything you wrote above.

I am fully aware my words are meaningless here, but that doesn't mean an apology isn't warranted. After I blow up like this I always try and trace back to WHY I got so mad. It's truly mind-boggling. I definitely have a temper IRL but it usually takes a lot of shit to make me mad. I'm not sure if I'm taking this shit wayyy too seriously or what, but something has got to change.

Since my removal back in August as commissioner of the league I used to run I've tried to put forth a strong effort to avoid "getting my Mel on" around here. I was enjoying the league more than I ever have and thought I was making some progress. The only thing I can think of that was even close to a blowup was "Dylan running backwards", but I thought I had handled that pretty well for me.

Enough of words, it's all bullshit until these statements are put into action and demonstrated over an extended period of time.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

If I may gents, I see this with Gyrene personally as he is my son. This is a game, yes it is frustrating and there are times we would like to fold up a wire coat hanger and commence the beatings on whoever crosses us. Me being the new guy this may mean nothing to you but I have seen things that are far more worthy of drawing a persons ire. One thing to remember guys, not everybody is as intense as you may consider yourself. I am by far not the best player here and there are times I have thought about twisting my controller in half. I have had 2 quits(loss of connection) in other dynasties in my last 4 games, yes I was winning. IMO it is a matter of respect, either you have it or not, but try to give the other guy his. It will make you a better person.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gyrene76

It's true, I'm liable to rage behind closed doors on NCAA.

20. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I have yet to quit once in this league and honestly if there was anyone that would have considered it, it probably should have been me. To me it's a sign of respect to finish it out. Admittedly I don't find the crime as punishable if its in the last few seconds where the result will be unchanged but still.. I would view it as a slap in the face.

• Like Like x 1
  21. IrishBearcat

I liked your post only for the first line. I have a lot of respect for you Crumb, I never thought I'd quit a game no matter what happened but as everyone knows it did happen once.

It takes a quality person and a man of great character to keep your cool every, especially when you are struggling a lot. I think many would agree you definitely have the highest maturity of anyone in this league. :)

22. DirtycashDylan

Not many things in life make me want to destroy my own property, this game is one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

The quits mentioned we're against me by the way.

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

At one point I had four working controllers for my xbox...Now I only have one. Once I got down to one, I stopped throwing them.

25. Gyrene76

There are more fun ways to let out aggression