Race for the Playoffs: Volume 1.1 (NFC Edition)

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by klaximilian, Oct 8, 2013.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

[​IMG]

Just as tight as the AFC, the NFC features 8 teams all in contention for the playoffs, all in contention for their divisions. But just as cruel as it can be, there will be a team or two with playoff-worthy records that is sitting on their asses in January, throwing popcorn at the TV screen at every mention of their team just missing the playoffs. It's a tough business, but with the cold weather looming and the playoffs at stake, it time to go big or go home.

NFC Division leaders
    Seattle Seahawks (10-1)

The Commish has his team firing on all cylinders, beating the likes of the Colts, Titans, and Panthers to stand atop the NFC West. LtJustice and his squad still have games remaining against the Saints (7-3) and the Giants (7-3), both solid teams in playoff contention. The rest of the schedule is not so daunting. Expect to see the Hawks sitting their starters for their Week 17 showdown with the Rams.
    Prediction: 14-2 (1st in NFC)

Philadelphia Eagles (9-2)

After a game of musical chairs with swapping teams, Coach ferocious settled down in the city of brotherly love and has his team battling with the likes of the competitive Cowboys and Giants. With Vick shipped off to the desert, the Eagles have found a quality starting QB in Nick Foles. The Eagles still face the Lions, Cowboys and Bears to finish off the season, so they will have to be on top of their game with the pesky Boys and Giants on their heels

Prediction: 12-4 (2nd in NFC)

Carolina Panthers (8-2)

The Panthers have had a relatively soft schedule to start the season, but a recent win has validated this team as a perennial powehouse. With two games against the division rival Saints (7-3) and the Jets (7-3), they will need every bit of Cam Newton and that stingy defense to keep them atop the division. ncsu12ddr doesn't have an easy road to the BYE, but he's all be a sure thing to make the playoffs.
    Prediction: 12-4 (3rd in NFC)

Chicago Bears (7-3)

Newcomer LLCoolGrey has his time moving in the right direction. He's beaten winning teams in the Saints, Lions, and Ravens, but have plenty of challenge ahead with the Eagles and Cowboys. With Detroit on the heels of the division lead, there is not much margin for error here.

Prediction: 11-5 (4th in NFC)
    The Race for the Wildcard
    Dallas Cowboys (7-3)

The Boys and their coach CaptMoe have had a stellar start to the season edging out wins against the Lions and Vikings. Their recent loss to the Saints has their team shaken, but they can still right the ship if they can take out the Giants in Week 12.

Prediction: 10-6 (7th in NFC)

New York Giants (7-3)

cry_havoc has been down this road before. A seasoned veteran to the league and to the Madden sticks, James can squeak into the playoffs if he continues to win games, but his first task would be to take down the mighty Seahawks (10-1). History shows that this team gets stronger as the season goes on, and it would be difficult to find an owner that has his team more prepared for a battle than James.

Prediction: 11-5 (5th in NFC)

New Orleans Saints ( 7-3)

The Saints have a brutal schedule moving forward, facing the Seahawks (10-1) in Week 13, and the Panthers (8-2) twice to finish off the season. coachmimz20 still has a shot at the division, but he needs to take it one game at a time or he could miss out on the playoffs altogether.

Prediction: 10-6 (6th in NFC)

Detroit Lions (6-4)

The Lions have been a surprise story this year with 1st year coach heathh joining the ranks of "The Q" but he has seemed to be inconsistent against mediocre teams this year. If he's going to make a run at the playoffs, he's going to need to start winning every game that he is expected to. The schedule doesn't do him any favors to finish off the season, with games against the Eagles (9-2), Ravens (7-3), and the Giants (7-3). The outlook is grim, but only the Lions know if this task is too tall.

Prediction: 9-7 (8th in NFC)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

excellent stuff my man! (y)

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job again TJ!

4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Its finally that intense part of the season that we all play the game for. Its going to be a grindfest all the way down to the last whistle in week 17. Best of luck everyone.

5. heathh

heathh Walk On

Good Stuff TJ. Thanks for the kind words. Hope I can pull it out. But if not oh well there's always next time!

6. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Love it TJ, hopefully I can live up to the expectation. But no win is guaranteed in Tha Q.....:nailbiting:

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hah, of all the teams I mentioned I was the least complimentary to your Lions. But you have a good chance to shock the world and smear doo-doo all over my face. (not literally, that would be wierd)

Lots of scenarios to play out. Shock the world, Heath.

• Like Like x 1
  8. heathh

heathh Walk On

Im just glad to be doing as good as I have! You were nice by saying "Surprising" Or so I thought. Either way I will give it my all. But yes it will be hard! Ravens, Giants, Eagles not sure what to expect but a tough game!

9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great content TJ...Fun Read

10. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Really liking these TJ!