Raider nation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Raider nation

Pretty tired so ill post info tom. Fireworks for the first game of season.

2. NDCOLTS1979

Not much to say about this one. Defense has alot of work to do. The new offense turned out to be the old offense in the middle of the game. Running wasnt producing much 21 rushes 82 yards and with SMU scoring at will it was Potts time. Potts threw for over 400 yards and 5 tds also had 3 interceptions. It turned out to be big plays all over. Biggest play came on defense after a turnover with a little over minute left in the game we get and int in the endzone to secure the 42-38 victory. after the game Coach had this to say

" I am embarrassed the way we played today. Defensively if we continue to play like this we are going to be lucky to make a bowl game. Offensively we really need our hb to step up i am not wanting to have to rely on big plays. I want us to be able to run that ball. Damn it this was sad

3. NDCOLTS1979

Another week same story for one half. It turned out that the coach was fuming at halftime and he let his team especially his defense hear about it. There was alot of noise coming from the locker room at halftime and not one word was said by the players when Potts was asked about it all he said was " coach was just informing us that our play needs to improve and improve now. I am glad he has a fire to win inside him and he makes us want to win also" well it turned out to be some speech as the Red Raiders came out of that locker room with and attitude i have never seen before in Red Raider history. After giving up so much and being down at halftime they came out and destroyed New Mexico 35-0 in the second half. Defense got 2 ints one returned and a fumble recovery and Potts well he was Potts. When UNM was asked about the second half he had this to say " Wow did they ass kicking just happen. Going into halftime we were pumped we played great in the first half and we had a feeling we could pull this out. Damn they came out and humilated us in every aspect in the second half.

Potts ended the game with 22-41 395yds 4tds 0 ints
    Torres had 7 rec 144yds and 3tds

Up next is the tough and hated Longhorns

4. NDCOLTS1979

After tough loss to Texas where the defense showed up and played great but the offense coudnt bring anything together the Texas Tech Red Raiders are running two a days for their bye week

5. NDCOLTS1979

6. NDCOLTS1979

7. NDCOLTS1979

8. NDCOLTS1979

Narrow EscapeSooners bow out at the end to Texas Tech 24-20.
    View Game Details This is what Coach Welchel had talked about coming into his new job. He wanted balance on offense and not just go out and throw the ball all over. Well this was the week it really happened. Texas Tech ran 30 times for 125 yards and 2tds and threw 14-24 for 235 yards. Batch was asked after the game about his 27 rushes 128 yds and 2 td performance, He was stated as my Oline did a wonderful job of getting me holes to run through. Coach has stated over and over again that we need to get out of the launch pad and start running the ball. He never lost faith in me and we went into #3 Oklahoma and handed them their first loss of the year. We are looking forward to the future and i cant say how well our defense played. That fourth and goal with 3 minutes left and they held them really motivated us to take and go out there and make sure they didnt have to come back on the field and hold them again. Up next the Red Raiders will be going into Auburn for a tough out of conference battle.

9. NDCOLTS1979

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.