Rainman Recruiting Central

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Recruiting isn't an exact science. It's hard to determine who the best recruits are based on their physical abilities and their skill attributes. I've worked through a handful of iterations of crazy spreadsheets to help figure this out and have just put together my latest version. I'll post some previews of the 2023 recruits here throughout the day.

Things to know:

All of the rating scales are calculated by position and are relative within that position only. That means that a 97 HB is not necessarily better than a 91 WR, but a 91 WR is always better than a 80 WR. I'll post some info on the formulas used for each position as I go.

How does it work? Pure fucking magic. You wouldn't believe the amount of work that went into making this happen (or the amount I would charge my clients to build something like this).

Acceleration and Strength are missing for many positions in the Excel file you can download (from the old Dynasty Wire app - that's another story), so some of the positions are missing an important metric (or two).

Updated

• All 2023 recruits (including the post-season and updated ratings)
    • All acceleration values set to 80 - still trying to figure out a good way to get those imported
    • "School" is whoever is currently first on the recruit's list - not necessarily where they commit

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

2023 Tackles:

(note - acceleration is missing)

Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 3.14.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 3.14.21 PM.png

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

WR 2023

(note - acceleration is missing, but I filled it in for the first 40 or so)

Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 3.30.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 3.31.40 PM.png

• Like Like x 5
  4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Cool stuff, Brog. See why I made JUCO sophomore Joe Lloyd my top prospect? More than half of you guys could have had him with less than 10 minutes per week. I had to work my ass of to get on his list and then become the front-runner. But as Jeff pointed out to me earlier, most of you guys are squared away at quarterback.

Also, WR Kilpatrick has currently softed to UVA. Update that shit! ;-)

5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I had Lloyd on my list early on. I was going to pursue him, but I found my guy (Robertson) was still hanging around in week 3 with similar numbers and an extra year to develop. Lloyd had the better awareness and the 6'4'' frame. He'll be a good one for you.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm thrilled you went with your other plan.

I think for most of the mega-programs, just about everyone can be red-shirted in their first season. For myself, I was looking for someone to step in and play right away. Thus, I valued Lloyd significantly ... because he'll be most ready to contribute for me from Day 1.

7. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

He'll be a stud. I'll bet he comes in at 82 or 83.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Do work Brog....damn!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Very impressive stuff Brog. You've outdone yourself.

10. Steve

Steve Walk On

Sweet Brog-----good stuff!!!!

11. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Updated with new prospects, a new ratings system and some new composite scores.

Running: How well a prospect moves based on speed, acceleration and agility
    Sprinting: How fast a prospect sprints based on speed and acceleration
    Defense: How well a prospect performs on defensive mechanics (tackling, play recog, block shedding, hit power and strength)
    Coverage: How well a prospect performs on pass coverage mechanics
    Receiving: How well a prospect performs on catching mechanics