Rambling Wreck now await fate

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Rambling Wreck now await fate

It seems like this will be how the GT squad will be, as they once again await their fate, in hopes of playing for a national title as they took out FSU, 44-16.

The Rambling Wreck finally lived up to their nickname for the first time in a while. They forced 5 turnovers on the game including 3 fumbles. "We took a look at that UNC game and saw how they were fumbling all over the place. They are talented but they tend to be very prone to coughing up the football," explained Coach Moreecemos. "We finally installed some different blitz packages and it worked to our advantage."

GT's pass rush was great for the 1st time all year. Peters, Dieke and Barnes were all in the backfield seemingly every play. "We told them to play all out...we were having them play more of a read and react and it took away their natural aggression," said coach.

The offense had some protection issues during the game, as they took down Shaw 8 times. Shaw also threw 4 INT's due to the immense pressure that was being brought on him. But despite his miscues, it was his quick thinking later in the game, leaning more towards using Wright as a weapon in the passing game that worked, leading to Wright having 109 yards receiving and 2TD's on the game. Their late adjustment demoting Collier to slot duties worked as well as he wasn't being jammed off the line all the time and got loose nicely for key 1st downs throughout the game.

OTHER NOTES
    ---Cooper Taylor recorded his 21st INT on his career, again a one handed INT.
    ---Jemea Thomas is GT's second best CB. He scored 6 tackles, an INT, and 2 forced fumbles on the game as he shows his versatility. Remind you, he's a former FS.
    ---GT must now await the SEC championship. The thinking here is that despite this win, many feel that since they lost to Georgia, they won't be able to jump them even with 1 less loss. That's a bad loss to a team that's currently #2 in the land and not in the title game. If Tennessee loses, they'll jump them and hopefully USC as well to get into the title game with Georgia.
    ---Problem here is if that happens, Auburn would have won. And that would be a huge screw job if Auburn wins the SEC title, but doesn't get into the championship game over a team they beat in the regular season. Only thing is right now, Auburn is ranked #10, that's a huge climb for them.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Do you really believe in that "i beat you, so I'm screwed if you go to the game and I don't" nonsense?

I don't. There are far too few instances where that one fact can determine who's really the better team. Teams have good games and bad games throughout the season. Except for in specific, specific cases it's not a big deal to me.

I mean, i beat you, am I "screwed" if you jump me if Tennessee beats Auburn? No, you only lost one game all season. IF you had two one-loss teams that had faced each other during the season, and they were facing off for the second spot in a BCS title game with an unbeaten squad I guess that could be a nice determining factor, but cases like that are quite rare.

Nice win man. Will be interesting to see what happens. Wonder if we could have a split title?

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You'd have a case especially since you beat me IMO...i dunno how it'll work itself out...just interesting for soup talk around here ;).

split title? how would that work?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well for example if Mike were to beat Rusty.... Then all of a sudden you have a case where there's no clear-cut winner. The BCS might think that Georgia and USC are the 1/2... meanwhile the media has you #1, then you win your bowl... If the media/coaches poll don't agree it's not a consensus national champion. Yeah only one team gets the BCS trophy but officially each can name a season-ending #1 team and they don't have to agree.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Georgia Tech now strengthens its case.

It will be interesting to see what happens for sure.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

1200th post!

i totally agree. the only guaranteed thing is, this will be interesting.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Im kind of dissappointed that I went on vacation. I think I would have had a damn good chance of splitting my last two user games, and eventhough Mo probably would have beat me, it would have been a lot more like our first game than our second. My team was really rolling when I left and I was in a good rythm. It would have been tough to win out but I feel this year would have been my best chance to do it.

P.S.- BOO to an all SEC title game.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

edited that for ya, I guess. At this point I think it's actually not that much of a chance. If Tennessee wins I think Ga Tech jumps me and I'm fine with that. They lost one game with an equally tough schedule. I mean technically speaking. Yeah they played like three user games that ended up being cpu controlled but I'm talking BCS rankings here.

9. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

It was a tough game early, then the 4 fumbles ended up giving GT 21 points. We couldn't adjust from there. Our run game was non existent with Thomas out and the 2 INTs came with us pressing trying to get back into the game. The fumbles issue has been huge for us all season. here is to hoping we can correct that headed into next season.

All that is left is our bowl game and graduating A LOT of our starters this season.

GG Moreecemos