Rams Blog

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Wyrmreaver, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I thought I'd make a little thread to talk about my team from time to time. Maybe I'll complain, maybe I'll brag, maybe i'll just write a stream of inane babble.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wyrmreaver

First things first the Rams needed to resign some players and get them locked in for the foreseeable future.

There were a few backups that got deals to stick around, and the kicker wanted grown up money so this season looks to be his last, but the real story at the negotiating table was the Rams defense.

Rush OLB Robert Quinn needed a new deal along with top corner Janoris Jenkins and stud DT Michael Brockers. New GM Johnny Utah stepped in and opened up the checkbook locking up all three players to long term deals to keep them in house.

3. Wyrmreaver

Week one thoughts.....

• Our defense played well in spots but we absolutely couldn't get off of the field on third down or force FGs instead of TDs.
    • I like the way our running game looks, its too bad we have to pass sometimes
    • Josh Freeman was our starter, he went 5 of 17 passing with 2 INTs. A little bit of that is poor choices from the user, but more than that, he was flat out missing guys. The day after the game FA QB Chase Daniel was seen at the team's facility walking around with Coach Utah.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

josh freeman was HORRIBLE....i've not seen passes that far off by many of my horrible qb's in MUT when you just start...

• Like Like x 1
  5. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Freeman played one ok game for me last year but his second game was horrible. Joe Webb was 4x the QB he was which was sad lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyrmreaver

I know, I mean, my defense couldn't stop you but freeman was so bad that it wouldn't have mattered

7. Wyrmreaver

Week 2 matchup with the 49ers. Freeman was bad last week, I mean really bad..... Last year Sam Bradford completed about 14 passes to 11 different 49ers defenders. In other words my run/pass ratio might be similar to the Naval Academy's

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wyrmreaver

Thoughts on a Week 2 loss......
    • After running the ball well in game one, Zac Stacy was completely shut down in week two.
    • Chase Daniels was amazing in the first half at QB, then threw 3 INTs in the second half..... QB questions continue
    • At 13-7, the 49ers are inside the 5, Kaepernick takes a RO keeper, gets lit up, fumbles and I return it for a TD.... then the "booth review" overturns it. I watched the replay, its not even close, Kaepernick is stood up completely when the ball comes loose. Fuck you EA, if you are going to have motherfucking reviews make them work correctly, otherwise just leave it out of the game, few things are as frustrating as losing challenges when it is completely obvious that you should win them.
    • My defense played better, the offense allowed bad field position and a pick 6, but we held the Niners to just 215 total yards. If our D can play like that every week we are bound to start winning some games.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wyrmreaver

Fallout from Chase Daniels second half meltdown against San Francisco......

BJ Daniels will get the week 3 start, he will be the third different starter in 3 games. Coach Utah was quoted, saying, "he certainly cant do much worse than Chase or Josh, we're 0-2 after all"

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i hate challenges(well not the ones that work in my favor(y)). I know they say they don't show replay they are challenging because of wanting to make the game faster, but i am pretty sure they don't because they don't want ppl noticing its just another broken part of the game.

I have seen far more correct calls overturned to bad ones than the other way around.

11. Wyrmreaver

Week 3 thoughts.

The defense looked pretty good for the second week in a row, it's looking more like I hoped it would before the season.

BJ Daniels wasn't great, but he was certainly less terrible than Freeman. Thinking back, BJ played kinda okay in game one after the Freeman injury too. I don't know that he's the QB of the future or anything, but maybe he can at least move the offense a little bit here and there.

My defenders need to work with the receivers. It was funny, they dropped literally more than a dozen balls that could have been INTs, including a few where it looked like easy catches. It's too bad the game didn't account for pass defense in any way better than just dropped picks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wyrmreaver

Tonight's advance brings a sim vs the Ravens...... They are 0-3 but my teams confidence is 10 or less pretty much across the board, I don't like my chances..... In other news, we play the cardinals again next week and they are the only team we've beaten since before mid season last year..... Hopefully coach whoozy didn't learn enough from last time to shut me down. :)

13. Wyrmreaver

I won my sim, but not without a cost......

FS Rodney McLeod (my #3 safety, normally plays in a couple of my Dime and Quarters looks) dislocated his ankle and is gone for 6 weeks

LT Jake Long (who is my best blocker) fractured his elbow and will miss 8 weeks

14. Wyrmreaver

We are now 2-0 vs the Cardinals this season, which is great since we still have to play SF once more and Seattle twice. If we have any shot at the playoffs we need to have a winning record in division.

BJ Daniels looked good again. He doesnt throw a great deep ball, but otherwise he has been pretty effective for us. We still arent quite ready to make any sort of long term commitment to him, but I like what we've seen so far and if his performance roughly continues on its current trajectory we will focus on improving other positions in the offseason to build around him.

15. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Glad you got the Dub, but man to lose your best player is tough!! Looks like you'll be running to the right a little more often!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wyrmreaver

So, we took a sim because my opponent tried and failed to stay up late two nights in a row.... And we lost.

On the plus side no new injuries. We head into a bye and then we play Seattle. At 3-3 we really need a win if we hope to make a playoff push

17. Wyrmreaver

We couldn't stop the Seahawks offense. They were too fast and they caught everything plus Marshall lunch shrugged off tacklers like we were a JV team. Alec Ogletree is moving into the starting lineup at ILB and Maualuga is going in rotation, should give us a bit more speed