Rams "Corner" the Market as UFA Approaches

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Zikry, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]

St Louis, Missouri

After what most in St Louis would describe as a successful season the front office is already hard at work at trying to upgrade this team, and all their work has been towards trying to fix a secondary that was torched all season long, culminating in a all-world performance by Dez Bryant that ultimately knocked the Rams out of the playoffs. "We are looking at all our options right now, but I will tell you this, next year's secondary will look MUCH different than this year's. Some guys just didn't perform to their potential, or their paycheck, and those are the guys that better start home huntin' somewhere else because they will not be kept on the roster."

The person on the hot-seat right now is undoubtedly Ron Bartell. Not only was he underwhelming as the Rams #1 last year, but he actually got even worse during the offseason. With his 8.2 million contract looming over the Rams' next season, I would bet the world on him being cut as soon as possible in order to 1) free up cap room and 2) send a message to the remaining corners that nothing in this league is guaranteed. The Rams look to have 1 trade that is close to being completed, and sources have confirmed that it will involve a new corner coming to the Lou. The details of the trade are still unknown, but look for the Rams to hopefully come to an agreement soon with that un-named team in order to bolster their secondary. With that, and the draft looming, the Rams will put all their eggs into one basket this offseason, looking solely at improving the defense.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nice Zik! Good luck!