Random Discussion and Trash Talk

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Title says it all, whatever randomness ya got can go here, football or not.

We'll have weekly threads to in the scheduling when we get rollin'!

I really do appreciate you guys patience with all of this.

2. Jman

Two things:

1) Its going to be up to you if you want to be a HC or a Coordinator.Just declare it when you make your pick later.

2) IF YOU SAVE THE FILE WHEN WE START GOING I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND CUT YOUR BALLS OFF. DO NOT SAVE THE FILE!

That is all. :D

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Is that is what is corrupting the files and/or causing the fail transfer errors??

4. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

What file? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

5. Jman

When you get your invites and select teams every time you log in to the dynasty it will ask if you want to save the file, just be sure to say no every time. There used to be problems caused by that in the dynasty's so we avoid it like the plague.

6. Jman

Not positive but after a couple years ago I refuse to trust it, and we did have one guy save it in the Tri and its gone to hell. May not be the cause, may be, I just don't want to risk it ya know?

7. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

What are the advantages/disadvantages of saving/not saving the file? I've always just hit "yes" thinking it was a requirement for my hard drive to keep up with what was going on with the OD. (If you're the commish you do have to, right?)

8. Jman

Advantage is its supposed to load faster when you enter the dynasty. Disadvantage is it has been linked in years past to wrong scores being reported (i.e. you win big but its reported as a loss). There is a big problem with this right now in MULTIPLE OD's so please please please DO NOT save the OD when prompted to be safe.

9. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

wow wow wow . . . . my first OD I was in with a couple of buddy's just ended last week and after we advanced to the off season from Bowl season it took away one of my friends bowl win and my other friend's NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! I'll bet you anything they were both hitting save just like me and I only got to keep my glorious Las Vegas Bowl win due to dumb luck.

10. Jman

Yeah, we're about 95% though there is a bigger glitch afoot right now causing that though. Most dynasties have paused, and, this is why I've drug my feet a bit to see if/when there might be a fix or if they even acknowledge the problem. We won't blast through to the bowls so I'm HOPING we'll be ok.

11. papaloke

Has anyone played on-line from a hotel room? I'm working out of town next week and will be staying in a hotel with internet...I'm sure user/user games won't work well but I was hoping to get on and get my regular games in.

12. Jman

I imagine it would be fine, not for sure though.

13. Jman

14. Jman

Anyone have any thoughts/help for Chuck? I'm kinda at a loss but will look around.

15. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Seems like everything I find is for people with the old white xbox and I have the black one "S Edition" or Slim edition I believe it's called. So I don't know if half the shit I'm trying even applies to my system.

16. Jman

Hmmm, and you've got the game installed I'm sure? I'm not positive I've seen this error (FRANTICALLY knocking on wood.)

17. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

No, I've only got the 4 gig xbox

Shouldn't be an issue . . . played over 1,000 FIFA games without it intalled on the hard drive and everything's been fine. Only had NCAA for a few weeks. At any rate, wouldn't matter because it does not even acknowledge that there's a disc in there. Just asks me if I want to open the damn tray. If you google "xbox open tray error" you'll see this is pretty common. I'll keep at it but it's not looking good.

18. Jman

Ah, that sucks. Damn...I honestly have no clue!

19. papaloke

No, never seen that one...I'm on my fourth or fifth xbox....After sending several back I finally got a newer small one that doesn't run as hot.

Ha..just googled it...Looks like you have to tap it's ass.

20. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

lol . . . You don't have to sit through both of these, but I did . . . I don't know why. I thought with the first one that I had found the only true solution. I just had the second one on in the background, but by the end of it I began to laugh so hard that it literally brought tears to my eyes.

21. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Sorry Baron...I'm a true OSU alum so didn't feel good about putting in any other school as my alma mater. That being said, I'm totally cool taking over another team in this dynasty

22. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

It fucking worked too, lol

23. Jman

That's awesome Hahahaha

24. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

lol, awesome. Considering your blasphemous post in the draft order, I was going to be quite upset that my nemesis had dropped out.

Haha, no worries mate. If you get offered the job before me, take it. I think it'd be an interesting side plot to the dynasty if we're both going after the same job. See who gets it first and all. (And besides, I'm not even a Buckeye alum, I'm a Bobcat. Not my fault Ohio State doesn't have an accredited journalism program!)

25. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Eh, not looking too good. Works a couple minutes at a time but then says disc is unreadable again. Good news is it's still under warranty . . . bad news is it's a 2-3 week turnaround according to the website. Man, I have really been looking forward to this. Not sure if JMan's comfortable putting me on auto-pilot (I could recruit online). or letting me attempt to resurrect Los Lobos for season 2 or if I'm just plain ole S.O.L . . . Anyway, Barring a miracle tonight I'll send it off tomorrow and look into any methods to expidite the process.

On a side Note . . . Ohio U was my #2 behind UF (also because of the JOU program). If I wasn't a Gator I might have been a bobcat . . . was dating a chick from up there at the time.