Random Posts Archive

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Oct 7, 2010.

?

Which style of league? (if Other please post what you want)

1. 1 Conference

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 Conference

50.0%
  3. 3 Conference

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4 Conference

16.7%
  5. Scattered (1 or 2 in a bunch of conferences)

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Random Posts Archive

I know title is sooo professional. I think this is us, so we'll get right to business. Title sucks I know but we'll start getting along with business right away.

First we must decide what style of league we will be!

Everyone vote!

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I for one would like 1 conference.. Would bring a ton of user games each year and actually make it hard to win your conference- we would more then likely have a different champion every year as well.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

i have put in my two cents

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

my only thing is that i have played in a 1 con setup and after a while they become no fun and more f a hassle. last one i played in died out in less than a season. really limits the teams to choose from too

5. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

i voted 3 becuz if you do 1, with the talent that the league will have, whoever gets teh best team will dominate. only conference this would be cool is the SEC.

if we do SEC tho, im down for 1 conference.

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I voted to scatter it. One conference will eventually die out like nautica said. Too hard for someone to take a Vanderbilt and turn them into a bama. Especially if someone is bama, Florida, etc

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thats why with one conference we'd have to do one that doesn't have a powerhouse; like the Big East... oh well we vote for a reason.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

i really like a 4 conference setup. it would allow 2 in conf games and then we could do 2 out of onf games a season. we could do a conference mash up each season pitting con v con. also i would lobby for 2 east coast con and the pac 10 and mountain west with boise added. on the east coast having like the big ten and the big east or acc n big east. mixing a big conf with a smaller one

9. gowazzucougs

if we did two conferences what would be the conferences?

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Where the hell was my invite? Haha just playin, but if you guys have a spot open up I'm down to join

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

well we have to get see how many conferences we r going to use first.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

nautica hop on skype tonight

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

kasp ill be home shortly lock this downuntill we get a set roster

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

League Format

We are going to vote on what kind of a set up we are going to run, make your cases for your vote and let it be heard.

Members Only

15. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

4 conferences!

I like 4 the best but will role with 3, 2 and 1 is just to small. Leagues end up dieing in 1 conference and 2 is not much better. The reason 1 is it takes longer to advance because theirs more USER games and their will be schedule conflicts and 2 their will always be the top players and the bottom players in a 1 conference set-up usually the bottom are the first to go and the top end up running the newbies off as well that's why you see those leagues dieing.

If we end up going with 2 or 1 i will unfortunately not be apart of this league. 3 and 4 just bring a better mix and atmosphere to the whole league.

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I like a 4 conference setup because it would allow more guys to get into bcs bowls and would allow everyone to play 2 in-conference games and then 2 out of conference games making it super competitive while also keeping it fun and allowing everyone a shot at a bcs bowl. We could mix it up season to season pitting conferences against each other and keeping track of it to create bragging rights.

I STRONGLY oppose a 1 conference setup because of past experience. I'll list my reasons as to why:

1. They don't last. After a while they become cumbersome to play in and will become very unbalanced.
    2. Lack of teams available, the last 2 or 3 guys to pick will likely HATE the team they have.
    3. They move at an extremely slow pace, it is just tough to get every game scheduled due to different work/family schedules.
    The conferences that I would suggest would be the Big 10, Big East, Pac 10, and Mountain West(with Boise St. added). I think that these give the best competition and would create an east coast, west coast rivalry.

Best setup IMO

17. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

3 or 4, for sure.

I like 3 better JUST because it allows for a perfect balance of 4/4/4 and conferences with championship games to split 2/2 for divisions.

But 4 also works just fine for me.

18. gowazzucougs

I put my two cents in, I will tell you though I don't care if it is 1, 2, 3, or 4, I just want to play in the Pac-10 with my Cougs ( I know they suck).

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

hey I would love to roll with stanford in the pac 10, or TCU in the mt west

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm really enjoying the 3 conference setup in The Redshirts. So thats my vote, but I'll do whatever.

21. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I voted for 4 conferences. The only thing different i'd do is switch out mt west with acc. Mt west doesn't auto qualify for bcs like the others

22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

your right it doesn't, but the game doesn't always follow that setup with the bowls if you haven't noticed. If we go with a 4 conference setup i would like to stay away from conferences with 2 divisions unless we went with a 3 conference setup

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I voted for 4 conferences. I was originally going to vote for 1, but since a couple of you have experience with the 1 conference setup failing I'll take your word for it. I think a 4 conference setup could be a lot of fun. It should make for some fun bowl matchups.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Can I just vote for "whatever"

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

everyone get your vote in by the end of tomorrow, and we will move onto conference selections

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.