Random recruiting thought/questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by astealthyhippo, Oct 28, 2010.

1. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Random recruiting thought:

WTF is up with the majority of the SS having C+ speed? A lot of OLBs are faster than SS in NCAA11.

Questions:

What would you consider a "good" recruiting call? 300 points? 400 points? More?

What's the highest point total you've got on 1 phone call?

Could 1 "super" recruit cause you to re-think and change your offensive/defensive strategy or do you make recruits fit the system you currently run?

What is your ideal recruit? Position, type, key attributes, etc (Be realistic...)

What is the one type of offensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (super accurate QBs, scrambling QBs, fast HBs, Tall Wrs, etc)?

What is the one type of defensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (shutdown corners, beasty DEs, etc)?

Yeah, I'm bored (and trying to add content). So let's hear it fellas...

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

WTF is up with the majority of the SS having C+ speed? A lot of OLBs are faster than SS in NCAA11.
    I guess they are trying to make it more realistic, in that SS are usually bruisers that arent going to chase people down in the open field. Of course, when you mess with speed threshold these guys with high accel/agi but low speed are completely useless
    Questions:

400+
    1k+ with a 2x
    Could 1 "super" recruit cause you to re-think and change your offensive/defensive strategy or do you make recruits fit the system you currently run?
    I highly doubt it. Maybe if I got an amazing scrambling QB... but I run a "multiple" playbook so its easier to change up schemes.
    What is your ideal recruit? Position, type, key attributes, etc (Be realistic...)
    RB. 6'2 220 beast with high speed/accel/agi/strength and skill move ratings
    What is the one type of offensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (super accurate QBs, scrambling QBs, fast HBs, Tall Wrs, etc)?
    Slot WRs because deep slants over the middle from the slot is unstoppable no matter the coverage and pretty much every user I've played runs them on 3rd and long. I probably give up 50% of my yards vs users off that one route. you can user control a defender and stop it, but that leaves gaping holes in your D.
    What is the one type of defensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (shutdown corners, beasty DEs, etc)?

Id say when a user controls a S and shuts down half of the field. CPU games has to be Dlineman that break through oline every play

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Questions:

What would you consider a "good" recruiting call? 300 points? 400 points? More? With Florida anything below 400 is a bad call since we have almost all A or A+ pitches. The early weeks may be a little lower since I'm unlocking or swaying pitches. Later weeks are usually in the 450-500 range in positive and I also try to knock down competing schools (especially Miami, sorry Nautica it is too easy :)).

What's the highest point total you've got on 1 phone call? I have gotten a 1350-1400 point call on a x2 pipeline recruit. Love those calls.

Could 1 "super" recruit cause you to re-think and change your offensive/defensive strategy or do you make recruits fit the system you currently run? I would love to get a pocket passing QB and change to an Air Raid attack. That seems to be my most effective offensive style. On defense I'm using a 3-4 now so have been trying to recruit players that work within that system. I haven't really gotten any super recruits so far in this league.

What is your ideal recruit? Position, type, key attributes, etc (Be realistic...) Right now I want a QB like the one I have in Trifecta. Duplicating him could be tough because he is an 89 overall redshirt freshman with 97 throw power and 95 accuracy. I also am really liking Stephen Ali (6'6 99 accel. WR) so need to find a replacement for him since he will be going pro this season or next. On defense I'm really looking for a shut down CB with excellent man coverage. My secondary is my biggest weakness and need to improve that area.

What is the one type of offensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (super accurate QBs, scrambling QBs, fast HBs, Tall Wrs, etc)? I don't usually have trouble stopping run game but accurate QB's can give me fits. It seems like they have 100% accuracy on 3rd and long, which makes 1st and 2nd worthless.

What is the one type of defensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (shutdown corners, beasty DEs, etc)? I would have to agree with pass rushing defensive lineman, especially ends. I don't usually have problems with corners or linebackers.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Questions:

At the beginning of the season 300-400 I consider good but after I have unlocked the majority of pitches I would say 400-500. Mainly because I usually go after my pipelines unless I wanna establish one in a "golden" pipeline.

1000+ on a x2 pipeline recruit

Depends. I try to prepare for the best to the worst scenario. I try to get skill players and QBs that can run just about any offense or defense. (Ex. Braxton Jackson has great speed and running ability but he also has THP and THA in the high-80s. To me that makes him a perfectly balanced Dual-Threat QB and therefore he can play in any offense.)

QB - An average passer with mobility. Reason for this is because I play a run heavy offense where pass blocking is not the o-lines strong suite so I need the QB to get some yards win protections breaks down.

HB - Straight power back. I want a guy that can stiff arm and truck guys. Doesn't have to make great cuts just be able to accelerate and pound the ball downfield.

FB/TE - I want an H-Back type like Dallas Clark or Preston Dial who formerly played for Alabama. Decent lead blocker that can be a physical receiver.

WR - A variety. I won't the small guy with great speed and agility and I want the physical freaks with great hands.

OL - Run blocking

DL - Big, physical guys that demand double teams so my LBs can roam free.

OLB - a standard 3-4 OLB that can pass rush and tackle really well. I'll sacrifice speed for great tackling any day.

MLB/ILB - Big strong guys that tackle well and preferably agile and fast enough to meet a running back at the LOS

Secondary - Quick and tall guys that have good hands. I rely on my front 7 to make the QB throw a bad pass to get picked off.

Accurate QBs with high awareness give me the most fits. It's nearly impossible to shake them and if I can't shake them they will be able to find the faults in my secondary.

Fast linebackers and athletic linebackers usually give me trouble. My running back may break one tackle but if there are 4 or 5 guys around its gonna be hard for me to break away from all of them.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Questions:

What would you consider a "good" recruiting call? 300 points? 400 points? More? I can't get 400 pts on a call even if I go 60 minutes usually. Alot of these calls the last 2 years I get nothing but Low, Lowest. Low. Average, Low...times up. Then the next week I call and I get average, average, most, high, low, low...done. Then by the time the third week rolls around I'm 1000 points behind and forced to give up my efforts. So to answer your question I will be trading this game in for Fable 3. :( Just kidding.....or am I?

What's the highest point total you've got on 1 phone call? I've gotten 1,000 pts once or twice on a x2.

Could 1 "super" recruit cause you to re-think and change your offensive/defensive strategy or do you make recruits fit the system you currently run? No. I will do what the sliders dictate. If I struggled to run the ball again this year I would have went Texas Tech Air Raid and stopped recruiting RBs.

What is your ideal recruit? Position, type, key attributes, etc (Be realistic...) A Power Back that can run in open spaces. One that has a really, really good injury rating as well.

What is the one type of offensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (super accurate QBs, scrambling QBs, fast HBs, Tall Wrs, etc)? Tall WR's and good possession receivers with a deadly accurate qb.

What is the one type of defensive player that gives you the most fits, in user games or CPU games (shutdown corners, beasty DEs, etc)? A great pass rush

Yeah, I'm bored (and trying to add content). So let's hear it fellas...

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Random recruiting thought:

no clue...

Questions:

I consistently hit around 300-400 point calls

8 or 900 I think.. never seen the 1K

If I got a Qb that could run I wouldn't change to a zone-read or option offense, they still would fit my system. I would have more opportunities for him to be isolated though. Defense not really unless you over recruit DBs or LBs then you could change strategy.

QB- anything prefer to have some accel and speed though
    HB- good speed, break tackles, get to the edge
    WR- size and speed
    LB- 6'2'' +
    S- 6'2'' +

HBs that break tackles

good defensive line