Random thoughts of playing online...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jul 15, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Random thoughts of playing online...

I have played 3 games online so far (not recovered from vacation yet) and have noticed a few things. The DE's are a lot faster than the LT. A fast DE (miami's Ramon Buchanan #56 a 86 speed I think) just kills off the edge. I had 10 sacks in two games. I like the pocket feel the rumble in the controller is nice when you are looking down field and not paying attention to the rush. I am not a fan of being able to play aggressive,conservative or balanced. I had 3 consecutive facemask penalties in one defensive series and 6 in the whole game. I don't see the advantage of playing aggressive on d when I neither picked nor stripped anybody in this game but had 3 penalties that extended drives. I played a couple of games off line at 7 min quarters I am a stats junky I like to see how many tackles my lb's make. In 7 min qts I had a cb with 10 tack ss with 9 and one lb with 7 I thought this was pretty realistic. Just throwing that out there to see if we have come up with a number for our quaters. Overall I love the game it is different from 09 but I think in a good way. I haven't tried recruiting yet I think I will try that tonight.

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Another thing I noticed while playing Parrothead last night was how my guys responded to some of the zone coverages. I would call for a zone and there should have been linebackers sitting about 5- 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Instead when I pull the trigger preplay to see what everyone should be doing it shows the yellow circles for their zone being at or behind the offensive line of scrimmage. This of course left the middle of the field wide open on many occassions.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's just the play art. They should play their zones correctly. I haven't had any problems with the zones not being played correctly...

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

That happens if you set your zone coverage to conservative/aggressive.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

(shrugs) I play aggressive zone coverage all the time and still haven't had any problems.

Maybe I'll give normal a try and see what it does...

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

You must realize, that play art is drawn like that because of your game planing settings. If set to aggresive, your play art and zone depths will be much shorter and tighter, thus leaving the deep part of the field open.

If set to conservative, your play art will be looser and deeper, thus leaving more holes in the short passing game.

7. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Okay, that makes sense. Didn't think about it.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

My random thought is when I'm good I'm good and when I suck I stink the stadium up...that's my random thought. I started 4-1 and jacked a couple of guys up then got smashed by newb slice, then allegedly rage roolz beat the crap out of me last night when I laid a big smelly egg in the middle of beaver stadium...allegedly.... ;) and then lost to a guy that hadn't won a game to date in overtime...wtf?????(n)

I need to get off the schnide tonight.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Castor have you moved up to skill 2 yet?

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I know what you are saying..

my problem is I start every game down..then have to come back and then barely lose in the end.

I started a game down 21-0 half way through the first..(i got ball first)..and ended up losing by 7..we scored in the 40s..

no I am on a good win streak..I think I have found out what I need to do to be successful online.. my little secret though!

11. RageRoolz

RageRoolz Guest

haha yea I can't believe some of the lucky breaks I got that game lol

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's no secret. Run the ball better. ;)

So far, I've had lots of fun online. Played Mcyork last night as Akron against Houston and it was a lot of fun, even though I lost. My defense was atrocious though. Definitely will be switching my defense from the 3-3-5. It's not working for me at all just like how I used to have problems with it on '08.

Actually really starting to like the 3-4, though I haven't used it against a human opponent yet (except for a little bit against mcyork last night in our game with the 3-4 formation in the 3-3-5 playbook) so I'm not sure how exploitable it is.

I know one thing, I need to find some new pressure plays. Mcyork fuckin' killed me last night when I tried to bring pressure with the plays I normally use.

13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was at level 2. I'm not sure where I stand right now, I didn't play any ranked games last night.